Diamond Select Pulp Fiction!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done! I guess my google skills aren't up to snuff.....but who cares? We're getting Pulp Fiction figures!!!

(Why am I the only guy peeing my pants about this?)

Because while 7 inch figures are good, and this is a highly requested license, it would get people far more excited if HT, Enterbay or Blitzway got the license. Blitzway would make a stellar Vincent Vega sculpt, then nothing else for 2 years. Their output is slower than Sideshow's.

4xXwiuy.jpg

hLTRgqy.jpg

LkiWNFt.jpg

If they turn out like that, I'm sold! Looking forward to Vincent also.

I read that Vincent's in the next series so hopefully it shouldn't be too long to recreate this.
NkhGGBm.jpg

I'm feeling relieved now....not a peep out of SDCC about my beloved Diamond Select Pulp Fiction figures. At first I just figured it was cause they were JUST on display a few months ago at a different con, but then some other poster started sowing the seeds of doubt in my mind that they had been canceled due to their absence in the case.

But thankfully, I just found a very in-depth interview with Zach Oat from DST on toplessrobot, where he confirms that not only are they STILL coming, but Vince is indeed in development with Travolta's likeness.

One step closer to the 20 year dream being realized!!

I seriously feel like I'm the only one that is pissing my pants to get these. Yeah, I know they're not 12 inch figures but in my opinon, this is better. My preferred scale.

Well we're closing in on a year since the announcement and NO real news.

Thankfully I came across this Q+A so I'm not giving up hope:

posted on 12/24/14

DSTChuck: The Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction figures are in the sculpting approval stage. As soon as they are ready, we’ll show them and announce an expected on-sale date – honestly, I think they are some of the best work we have done, so hopefully we’ll have updates soon.

I seriously feel like I'm the only one that is pissing my pants to get these. Yeah, I know they're not 12 inch figures but in my opinon, this is better. My preferred scale.

Well, there you go. As far as figures are concerned the preferred scale here is 1/6. 1/4 has its fans and there are people here that like these smaller action figures but for the most part people rather spend their money on 1/6, which to me is the perfect scale. With rising costs on 1/6 people rather save and spend on that. Thats how I am. Not to mention this is a high end forum. Unless these are extraordinarily cheap (which they won't be) and I dont have any 1/6 purchases I may pick up a couple. If these were 1/6 this thread would be much bigger and swelling with anticipation.

Yeah, I'm feel the same. These look great but I would rather have 1/6th figures, at least of Jules and Vincent. I find anything smaller to not be really good for display unless you keep,them in the packaged and I'm not a moc collector at all. It's cool for those that want them though and hopefully this paves the way 1/6 Tarantino figures.

......well hell.

Nothing shown at Toy Fair.

Promises from Diamond that "We're just working out a few licensing issues!".....

It's been months now and no solicitations.

I'd say the final nail in the coffin is Travolta's bad press and image from that HBO Scientology documentary.

I'm calling it.......these figures are officially canceled. Time of death: early April 2015.

Do you want realistic Pulp Fiction figures in your collection? Better make a good custom cause that's your only option. If you want lame-ass block figures Diamond's got you covered. But the figures you've been dreaming about since 1994?

Keep dreaming.

......well hell.

Nothing shown at Toy Fair.

Promises from Diamond that "We're just working out a few licensing issues!".....

It's been months now and no solicitations.

I'd say the final nail in the coffin is Travolta's bad press and image from that HBO Scientology documentary.

I'm calling it.......these figures are officially canceled. Time of death: early April 2015.

Do you want realistic Pulp Fiction figures in your collection? Better make a good custom cause that's your only option. If you want lame-ass block figures Diamond's got you covered. But the figures you've been dreaming about since 1994?

Keep dreaming.

What happened to the Kill Bill figures? I haven't seen anything from that film either?

Yeah, it's been a year and still not even solicitations. It's annoying as I was really looking forward to these. I'm hoping whatever issues there are actually still being worked on.

Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill Select figures announced at Toy Fair 2014.

Fourteen months later and not even a hint of a solicitation. Just wave after wave of crappy little block figures nobody wants.

Ghostbusters announced at Toy Fair 2015.

Solicited TWO months later.

....yeah, these are never coming out. Goddamnit. I'd rather they'd have never even said anything at all instead of getting my hopes up for over a year.

I got an email from a DST guy in July 2015 that said they were still releasing these figures.

And nothing since then.

Considering that at Toy Fair it will have been two full years, if they aren't shown at this year's toy fair I gotta believe these are deader than fried chicken.

What makes it all the more frustrating is that Reaction was able to put out their crappy Kenner style figures...Minimates could make dumb block figures....Beeline could make oversized talking dolls. Why the hell can't they just make the 7 inch scale realistic action figures?

Shartimus Prime did another one of his interviews with Zach Oat of Diamond Select. And he revealed that the Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill figures were indeed on display, just not allowed to be photographed. The excuse given was that they were still getting approvals (even though they've been in development for 3 years) and that they've expanded the lines, so there will be LOTS of characters from each movie, like the Ghostbusters line.

Series one is still Butch, Marcelles, and Jules and the packaging is finished and we "should" see them released by the end of the year.

I'll believe it when I see it, quite frankly. I haven't been this frustrated waiting for a product since Chinese Democracy.

Still....this is my number one dream toy line of all time, so even if it takes a while longer, I won't care as long as someday I finally get Vince and Jules on my shelf.

Back