Diamond Select Ghostbusters figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Diamond Select Toys​ Ghostbusters Series 2 Peter Venkman review is up if anyone would like to check it out. :)

4ac8e3b2-29ce-4b84-b36b-123568e4aee5_zpszz3fzkbl.jpg

Full gallery of pics & a beefy video review here: https://www.actionfeatures.net/2016/06/toy-talk-review-diamond-select.html

Our video reviews start with a full look at the figure followed by a sit down discussion with my sons and I about that figure/toyline. When we like something, we tend to spend extra time on the discussion portion. So this one is a little long. ...

peter29_zpslkljziuo.jpg

Sallah

Got my 3 DS Ghostbusters and decided to do some work on the face.

I sculpted a bit more hair on top of Venkman head and repainted all 3 heads so far.
Will do more retouches.

And no luck my Egon has Venkman legs. [emoji1]

IMG_4188.JPG

Last edited:
Has anyone seen more restock of the wave 2 figures at their TRU?

i have been going to 5 TRU stores for the last month and found nothing. at least 2 of the 5 i went to had only two dana's on the pegs and of course the people working there don't know when they will have more or they confuse them with the new movie versions.

im been think about just get the deluxe ones, i was thinking ebay too but some offer a set but i really want peter and egon.

Our Diamond Select Toys​ Ghostbusters Series 2 Egon Spengler review is up if anyone would like to check it out. :)

9ed8c18a-77c5-4e84-8c9f-6cd7107ae1f8.jpg

Full gallery of pics & video review here: https://www.actionfeatures.net/2016/06/toy-talk-review-diamond-select_24.html

(Our video reviews start with a full look at the figure followed by a sit down discussion with my sons and I about that figure/toyline. Since this is only the second figure we have reviewed from this line, this one is a bit lengthy to contain all our discussion.)

06486984-ee9c-49a9-b32e-b5ffb1d5b2af_zpszmtusnpf.jpg

Sallah

NECRO POST

Is this line worth picking up? I'm tempted to get it to get the Gozer temple displayed. And GBII is going for a Firehouse Diorama.

NECRO POST

Is this line worth picking up? I'm tempted to get it to get the Gozer temple displayed. And GBII is going for a Firehouse Diorama.

Bought 99% of series 1 (still need to find a library ghost) and am happy at that. The termple /rooftop is pretty iconic. I'm not getting series 2 though, there will be too many repaints and rehashes just with new equipment, and its just the front of the firehouse which frankly, doesn't impress me.

Bought 99% of series 1 (still need to find a library ghost) and am happy at that. The termple /rooftop is pretty iconic. I'm not getting series 2 though, there will be too many repaints and rehashes just with new equipment, and its just the front of the firehouse which frankly, doesn't impress me.

I hear ya. The figures look pretty good to me, although the glasses on Egon and Janine are too thick, I can live with that.

I'm going to think it over, over the Holiday. They're all still very available.

NECRO POST

Yes,very much worth it! I got slimmer for a present 12 months ago and had to get the whole set to finish off the epic diorama piece!

Yes,very much worth it! I got slimmer for a present 12 months ago and had to get the whole set to finish off the epic diorama piece!

I found a set I could get for a little over $200 since I got some Paypal money. I might do it after the Holidays.

I have the whole set and roof top dio set up in my basement. I'll try to snag a photo for you guys tonight or tomorrow. I am sort of a GB completionist and am getting the 2nd wave, but do not intend to set up the firehouse front. I already have 3 firehouses set up in my basement already. :lol

Friggin Rambler Fire Dept. over here :lol

This is a cool watch. I didn't realize the firehouse... is an actual firehouse nowadays.

Friggin Rambler Fire Dept. over here :lol

This is a cool watch. I didn't realize the firehouse... is an actual firehouse nowadays.

Yea, it might be an obsession. I have the OG Firehouse from when I was a kid, the lego one and the playmobil one.

NYC almost closed that firehouse a year or so ago, but kept it open after a petition. They did some external renovations of it over the past year too. I just hope they didn't change the iconic look of it.

It will be on my list of places to stop whenever i get to NYC.

Yea, it might be an obsession. I have the OG Firehouse from when I was a kid, the lego one and the playmobil one.

NYC almost closed that firehouse a year or so ago, but kept it open after a petition. They did some external renovations of it over the past year too. I just hope they didn't change the iconic look of it.

It will be on my list of places to stop whenever i get to NYC.

I had some of the toys as a kid too. I don't know which firehouse I had, I just remembered it had vented floors so you could pour slime from top to bottom.

That's so awesome. I like on the ground out front they got like a fireman coat of arms thing but it's got a ghost on it.

Starting to get back into doing reviews for this line. :) Up today is our review of the Series 6 Ghostbusters 2 "Geared Up" Louis Tully if you want to check it out...

gblouis14_zpsvwxqfpml.jpg

Full video & pictorial review here: https://www.actionfeatures.net/2018/06/toy-talk-review-diamond-select.html

We are also currently running a giveaway at my youtube channel for the Toys R Us release version of both the "Geared Up" Louis & "We're Back" Ray Stantz if anyone is interested. You have until June 30, 2018 to enter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBSH-ZvBaG0

Thanks!
-James

Back