Diamond Select Ghostbusters figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray and Winston look so good, I'm already kinda presold on Venkman and Spengler. An updated Slimer is a must. Hopefully he'll some with some plates of food and wine.

I'm hoping they will do some props. They did the Flux Capacitor from BTTF. Maybe they could do a Ghost Trap.

Hell yea. I have all the matty props, but I'm sure DS could improve on them. A redo of the trap would be great. The matty one was made to be able to cosplay with, but it feels so fragile and needs some mods to make it better.

Have they actually confirmed they have Murrays likeness, neca was unable to secure it and I heard Mattel had trouble.

Stantz and zeddemore look great though

BBTS has the first set of 3 up for PO: Ray, Winston and Louis Tully. Ray and Winston look good. Louis Tully looks like Ron Howard. :lol The detail on this Louis is crap compared to the Matty version IMO. Matty's detail on the clothing and headsculpt are much better. I PO'd the three pack and just the individual Ray and Winston. Not a fan of that Louis. I will decide down the road to keep the set or the individual.

It's hard for me to pre order. I'll have to wait for them to be in stores because the jay and silent bob strike back set that I got had the worst paint aps I've seen in a long time on a figure. I do actually have the 24" marshmallow man that looks amazing from DST. View attachment 181085

I'd like to get the set to build the rooftop base, but I don't see moranis at all in that sculpt.

this is who I see in that Louis sculpt :lol:

clint-howard-3.jpg

They should have included a brain-scanning alternate headsculpt with glasses for Louis. I might have to skip him. Ray and Winston are a definate buy though.

You're all going to be reeled in for Louis because you know you want to build the rooftop diorama, and you'll need his build-a-scene piece.

Saw these at C2E2 and really liked them. Louis isn't great, but he's not terrible as a representation. I like it better than the Mattel one sculpt-wise, but the Mattel one was more fun accessory-wise. I'm hoping there's still a lot more to show us with that figure they don't have prototyped, otherwise that figure's going to be a huge peg warmer.

mhmmm... still on the fence with these... I hate the torso articulation... quite useless IMO... these aren't MOTU or Superheroes.. not sure it adds much in terms of poseability... I guess if they had a better more seamless design.
Also, as much as I like the sculpted suit and accessories, the likeness is still quite off too... I'll wait 'til I can see production samples to decide...

So far I have all the ones that have been released. The Louis figure is pretty terrible, but being able to build the diorama once I have them all is going to be amazing. When the hell is Hot Toys going to do the original guys? Kind of happy they haven't yet though because I need to stop with all these preorders.��

Back