Diamond Select Ghostbusters figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited about these! Been waiting for good versions I'd want to own!

For Ghostbusters they plan to do 12 different figures from the first movie. Some will be variants of previously released characters. The first wave will have 3 figures in it. Ray, Winston and a third figure which has not yet been decided. They will each come with build-a-base pieces to form the top of the building from the end of the first movie as well as multiple accessories.

My guess

Ghostbuster costume

Ray
Winston
Peter
Egon

Commercial/scientist costume

Ray
Peter
Egaon

And the final 5

Dana (possessed)

Luis

Gozer (female version)

Slimer

and the final character

Stay Puft?
Walter Peck?
Zuul?

My guess

Ghostbuster costume

Ray
Winston
Peter
Egon

Commercial/scientist costume

Ray
Peter
Egaon

And the final 5

Dana (possessed)

Luis

Gozer (female version)

Slimer

and the final character

Stay Puft?
Walter Peck?
Zuul?

Well, 4 guys and variants of previously released means probably 8 guys. (I'm thinking maybe normal, and then covered in Stay Puft Goo/Slimed Venkman) Easier than tooling the Ready to Believe You variants which wouldn't be as exciting to most people.

4 more. Slimer has to be one. Maybe Gozer and the Terror Dogs?

We're getting the rooftop build-a-base after all so it would make sense if the guys came with the back section with the altar and pillars, Terror Dogs come with the stairs and Gozer comes with the Gate?

The variant GHostbuster bases could also have Stay-Puft goo on them.

Ray looks great. Ab-crunch seems like an unnecessary addition that detracts from the aesthetic appeal. But oh, well. Certainly a step up from the Matty figures, and they should be a much much better bargain.

They're actually cheaper than the Mattel figures. You had to have the Mattel stuff shipped. So those were $20 + tax + $10 shipping. $30+

Since you can get these at LCS, they'll cost a bit less and come with more in the build-a-base.

By comparison, I love how the **** holes at Mattel wanted people to pay up front for the Ecto and never made it. :lol

Toy-Fair-2015-DST-Ghostbusters-003.jpg

Attachments

• Toy-Fair-2015-DST-Ghostbusters-006.jpg
    Toy-Fair-2015-DST-Ghostbusters-006.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 483
  • Toy-Fair-2015-DST-Ghostbusters-009.jpg
    Toy-Fair-2015-DST-Ghostbusters-009.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 462
Man, those looks nice. I hope the final product looks that good. :pray: Diamond Select can be a bit of a hit and miss sometimes, especially with the paint. The proton packs look really good too, and Ray looks like a went on a diet, but still, it looks pretty awesome.

They're actually cheaper than the Mattel figures. You had to have the Mattel stuff shipped. So those were $20 + tax + $10 shipping. $30+

Since you can get these at LCS, they'll cost a bit less and come with more in the build-a-base.

By comparison, I love how the **** holes at Mattel wanted people to pay up front for the Ecto and never made it. :lol
Yeah, one of the top two largest toy companies in the world has to demand X pre-orders before they will risk going into production with something, while a relatively small, geek-focused company like DST will give you a better product for less money, without ever using that kind of cheap marketing ploy.

Though it's worth mentioning that, even though it's not publicized in order to try and force collectors to do so, DST does decide on whether or not products will be produced based on pre-order levels. Sadly, several great potential Minimate sets were never produced due to low demand.

Yeah, one of the top two largest toy companies in the world has to demand X pre-orders before they will risk going into production with something, while a relatively small, geek-focused company like DST will give you a better product for less money, without ever using that kind of cheap marketing ploy.

Though it's worth mentioning that, even though it's not publicized in order to try and force collectors to do so, DST does decide on whether or not products will be produced based on pre-order levels. Sadly, several great potential Minimate sets were never produced due to low demand.

Great post!
I'm so glad that Mattel is slowly but surely losing grip of the major licenses that they were ruining like Ghostbusters and DC Universe. I absolutely hate Mattel.
Speaking of Mattel, weren't they supposed to do some "Real Ghostbusters" figures? Hopefully, DST does the animated versions too.

DST has made Real Ghostbusters Minimates, so my guess is that they could do them if it was economically viable. The sales of the movie figures may affect this.

Good to know DST can actually sculpt a Ray that looks like Aykroyd. Matty can suck it and go ahead and make toys for the reboot. I'm done giving that company any of my money.

Back