Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a really good feeling about this season. Didnt like the last one very much.

Personally I think I liked the second season the best, probably because it was the most action packed and Dex himself had to dodge the cops. Second place would go to S1 for me.

On its own, Season 5 was pretty good. It's just that it followed on the heels of Season 4, and there was no way it could compete with how awesome the Trinity Killer arc was!

No, it was awful becuase of a bland main story, too much focus on side characters' disconnected plotlines, zero followup on the storyline or consequences from the storyline of the previous season, plotlines that went nowhere, repeated use of cheap tactics for tension, easy and coincidental resolutions to episodes, and a forced love intrerest for Dexter inappropriately soon after Rita's death.

It didn't suck because it came after a great season. It sucked because it sucked.

No, it was awful becuase of a bland main story, too much focus on side characters' disconnected plotlines, zero followup on the storyline or consequences from the storyline of the previous season, plotlines that went nowhere, repeated use of cheap tactics for tension, easy and coincidental resolutions to episodes, and a forced love intrerest for Dexter inappropriately soon after Rita's death.

It didn't suck because it came after a great season. It sucked because it sucked.

I was reading trough most of this post thinking you were talking about season 4 and i was like "Whhhaaaaaaaaaaaattt???!" :rotfl

I am watching Season 5 again with the Wife, and I think it's much better the second time round. It's still the weakest season though, but I will take that over most of the crap that is on TV.

I am watching Season 5 again with the Wife, and I think it's much better the second time round. It's still the weakest season though, but I will take that over most of the crap that is on TV.

I found that with season 3, enjoyed it more the second time watching it.

For me i'd rate them in this order..

#1 Season 4
#2 Season 2
#3 Season 1
#4 Season 3
#5 Season 5

Season 5 had a lot not going for it, but I loved The Group, and thought Chase was a fantastic character. If we could have gotten more time for them and less for Batista and Laguerta's relationship, I'd have been thrilled.

Lumen's character grew on me, since her first few episodes were really making me question her point.

And the scene where Dexter beats on Astor's friend's mom's boyfriend (that's a lot of apostrophes) is one of my favorite scenes in the show's run. I don't know why. Maybe because we've seen so many bad guys get killed, and seeing one just get a good old fashioned beat down is so satisfying.

....And the scene where Dexter beats on Astor's friend's mom's boyfriend (that's a lot of apostrophes) is one of my favorite scenes in the show's run. I don't know why. Maybe because we've seen so many bad guys get killed, and seeing one just get a good old fashioned beat down is so satisfying.

Agreed!! I love Dexter's "hands on" anatomy lesson! :wink1:

Agreed!! I love Dexter's "hands on" anatomy lesson! :wink1:

Yup pretty badass ..I always thought he would do something similar to Paul in Season 1 the first time i watched the show.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1lC0UzclUE"]‪Dexter Morgan Beating up an Abusive Father‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Any of you guys lucky enough to be at the Dexter panel at comic-con?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5MLEisTqM4&feature=related"]‪DEXTER PANEL at COMIC-CON 2011 Part 2‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

The guy who asked the first question ..what an idiot!:slap

Back