Detolf lighting project 2.5 ** NEW PICS on pg. 6 (11/18/11) **

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Detolf lighting project...and my humble collection **pics on page 1**

hey great display very classy

I just finished adding a lighting system to my Detolf cases...here are a few pics

100_2769.jpg

100_2775.jpg

100_2787.jpg

100_2789.jpg

100_2792.jpg

100_2795.jpg

100_2794.jpg

Thought I'd post these pics again...I have so much on preorder, I'm gonna double my collection in the next few months...Thank God for SSC Flexpay!! :clap

Congrats on getting those...enjoy!!

Did you connect the green hoses to the back of the proton packs? They don't have them in the first movie to my knowledge, and i've seen the movie a bajillion times... they fit right onto one spot on the packs, so i just assume that was right cause there is nowhere else for them to go.

Did you connect the green hoses to the back of the proton packs? They don't have them in the first movie to my knowledge, and i've seen the movie a bajillion times... they fit right onto one spot on the packs, so i just assume that was right cause there is nowhere else for them to go.

The green hoses are in fact in the first movie, however it never really shows where they connect to the pack...on the figures I just pushed them into the spot you're talking about

i watched the movie last night because it was driving me crazy wondering if they WERE in the movie... and sure enough they were... can't believe i couldn't remember!

Hey, another question regarding your set up. What did you use to wrap the frame? I see a black... thing that I assume you used to keep the wires in place.

Hey, another question regarding your set up. What did you use to wrap the frame? I see a black... thing that I assume you used to keep the wires in place.

That was actually the hardest part to figure out...I wanted to hide the wires but I wanted it to look clean. At first I tried black tubing, but it was never straight enough. I finally ended up using PVC pipe. I cut it to the proper lengths for each shelve, painted it flat black and used a table saw to cut a slit in each piece so it could slide over the metal framing rods...if you have any questions or want some pics or suggestions on sizing etc. send me a PM and I'd be happy to help. :)

That was actually the hardest part to figure out...I wanted to hide the wires but I wanted it to look clean. At first I tried black tubing, but it was never straight enough. I finally ended up using PVC pipe. I cut it to the proper lengths for each shelve, painted it flat black and used a table saw to cut a slit in each piece so it could slide over the metal framing rods...if you have any questions or want some pics or suggestions on sizing etc. send me a PM and I'd be happy to help. :)

Actually any kind of tutorial you can post would be awesome since i plan on getting the detolf with the Dioder LEDs... and i'm sure i'm not the only one looking into this.

Actually any kind of tutorial you can post would be awesome since i plan on getting the detolf with the Dioder LEDs... and i'm sure i'm not the only one looking into this.

Ok, I'll work on putting that together for sure...

Hey looks great!

I sent a pm with a few questions.

Thanks
Mike

Hey Mike, I responded to your questions...hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions...

I installed a few upgrades to my detolf along with some new figures...I added a black backing and some custom mini movie posters...let me know what you guys think!

100_3153.jpg

100_3156.jpg

100_3160.jpg

100_3154.jpg

100_3158.jpg

100_3159.jpg

Re: Detolf lighting project 2.5 ** NEW PICS on pg. 6 11/18/11 **

nice!

do you use 4 lights now on each shelf? Could you take a pic of the underneath?

Re: Detolf lighting project 2.5 ** NEW PICS on pg. 6 11/18/11 **

nice!

do you use 4 lights now on each shelf? Could you take a pic of the underneath?

2 lights on each shelf, there's an underneath pic on page 1 of this thread :)

I like it. Its classy, just in a different way than before. What size pvc piping did you use to cover the cords and poles?

Back