Detolf lighting project 2.5 ** NEW PICS on pg. 6 (11/18/11) **

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Detolf lighting project

Very nice looking shelves! Even though I'm not a huge fan of cold white light, it worked really good for your shelves. You were also very neat with the cabling, which only makes everything look even better!
Congratulations!

Thanks! I know what you mean about the lighting, I'm not a fan of cold white either, but it seemed to work out ok...

Thanks for all of your comments on my humble collection guys...considering all of the HT and SS preorders lately, I might have to build another shelf!

I display mine the same Rory does his. This way (by the way, this is Rory's collection/picture):

IM4%2525282%252529.JPG

BTW, are those mirrors custom made?

I display mine the same Rory does his. This way (by the way, this is Rory's collection/picture):

IM4%2525282%252529.JPG

That arrangement looks good as well...I'd like to see what it looks like when the room is dark...yeah the mirrors were custom cut to match the dimensions of the Detolf shelves...only 35 bucks for all six at my local glass shop

Re: Detolf lighting project...and my humble collection

Great collection!

Who ya gonna call?!!!!

That arrangement looks good as well...I'd like to see what it looks like when the room is dark...yeah the mirrors were custom cut to match the dimensions of the Detolf shelves...only 35 bucks for all six at my local glass shop

Fantastic idea for a fantastic collection. I love the way you display them man! I will actually see if I can find a place to do the mirrors for me as well. It looks much better than just the glass! It helps hide all the wires and lights.

Good stuff! Thanks for the idea!:clap

Fantastic idea for a fantastic collection. I love the way you display them man! I will actually see if I can find a place to do the mirrors for me as well. It looks much better than just the glass! It helps hide all the wires and lights.

Good stuff! Thanks for the idea!:clap

I'm glad you like it!! Good luck with yours! :)

holy CRAP these displays look so good man!!!!!

And I didn't know they made Ghostbusters figures! I'm gonna have to look into that. Very nice stuff!!

Last edited:

holy CRAP these displays look so good man!!!!! Where did you get those displays with the lights?

And I didn't know they made Ghostbusters figures! I'm gonna have to look into that. Very nice stuff!!

Thanks! I added the lights myself...you can find the Ghostbusters figures on mattycollector.com...they are only $60 each right now...headsculpts aren't that great but the equipment is amazing and you can't beat the price

sweet, thanks! I was looking @ them on ebay.. more expensive of course. So Mattycollector will save me a bunch!! its a shame their head sculpts aren't better. I wonder if Hot Toys would ever tackle this franchise?

IM4%2525282%252529.JPG

Now THIS is the way to Display! Absolutely :rock. Each figure given its due respect and importance! The empty space in shelves adds So Much to the figure, it looks Awesome!

sweet, thanks! I was looking @ them on ebay.. more expensive of course. So Mattycollector will save me a bunch!! its a shame their head sculpts aren't better. I wonder if Hot Toys would ever tackle this franchise?

I'm not sure if HT will ever get the GB license, but for now, these figures are pretty awesome...a little suggestion, I would jump on these pretty quickly if you can...this is the second run of them and the first time around they sold out super fast...the only way you could get them was by paying at least $100 on Ebay. Also, there are some people who have made some custom headsculpts, but unless you get someone professional to paint it, it looks kinda bad.

Re: Detolf lighting project...and my humble collection **pics on page 1**

I agree that the above displays look awesome with only 1 figure per shelf, but if you have lots of figures to display, you're gonna need like 25 Detolf cases to do it that way...

just ordered all four!!! they'll only go up in value too i assume... probably right away if they're selling that quickly. I'll have to look into getting some of those Ikea displays you got too... that looks so slick

just ordered all four!!! they'll only go up in value too i assume... probably right away if they're selling that quickly. I'll have to look into getting some of those Ikea displays you got too... that looks so slick

Congrats on getting those...enjoy!!

Is there any issues with fading of the figures with putting lighting in the case?

A very elegant way to display your HT collection. Love how clean it all looks!

Is there any issues with fading of the figures with putting lighting in the case?

No fading issues at all...the lights are LEDs and have a very low output

A very elegant way to display your HT collection. Love how clean it all looks!

Thanks! That's what I was going for...I didn't want any of the wires to show at all...plus I have both cases on a remote switch so one click of my remote turns them both on and off...the best way to go IMO

Nice poses and setup, and the cases look great!

Enjoyed checking it out, keep going!

Back