Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have about ten exotics, and love the game.
It's always a moment of excitement to get one. I understand how a completist might look at it(How many exotics ARE there in total???), to see something they "worked hard for" being sold, but i am hoping he is joking in the above post. Being upset that "other people are able to have what you have"(Joy at keeping it from them), is an incredibly negative mindset.

It gets pretty different though if you have been playing for a year Barry?
You are still in honeymoon period. I still love Destiny too by the way, but it doesn't pay to be a long term player.
They reward new players not people who have been playing since the start, and that is very frustrating for many.
One step forward two steps back. The Taken King for example has been designed to get first time players up to top levels in a very short amount of time. That's cool for newbies, but it makes any existing players question why they bothered in the first place?

I think it's a shame he sold it.
I think it's great everyone can have one but it was one of the last fun elusive things about the game.

The fun of having one drop is something now denied for many. They should have just massively increased its drop rate or something.

Well that really sucks. All the countless hours grinding for the Gally to have Xur Sell it now. What a dumb stupid game. I just needed Truth to have every exotic in game but seeing Gally being Sold makes me Nerd Rage! Im done with this stupid game.

This is the second time he's sold the Gjallarhorn

I'll be happy when The Taken King drops and the Gally and Thorn aren't the go-to weapons any more.

Last edited:
He sold it the second week, before it was a thing.

Thorn & Ghorn kept the game alive between DLCs.
Let's hope TRK can do the same.

I really doubt it. It's still only a DLC, about twice the size of previous instalments. The enemies are just re skinned current models, most of the levels are reused existing levels. It's basically new weapons, new area (hive ship), new raid and a new subclass.

I only have about ten exotics, and love the game.
It's always a moment of excitement to get one. I understand how a completist might look at it(How many exotics ARE there in total???), to see something they "worked hard for" being sold, but i am hoping he is joking in the above post. Being upset that "other people are able to have what you have"(Joy at keeping it from them), is an incredibly negative mindset.

I was dead serious. I been playing since Release and literally have every Exoitc except the Truth. I even have the Exotic emblem you get in ToO. Makes it pointless the countless hours i spent grinding for certain exotics just to have it being sold by Xur. New comers are not even Grinding Voa or Crota anymore and are lvl 34s with a whole bunch of exotics thanks to Xur. As far as i can tell in the TKK its not going to get better.

He sold it the second week, before it was a thing.

Thorn & Ghorn kept the game alive between DLCs.
Let's hope TRK can do the same.

The Thorn and GHorn are two of biggest things wrong about with the game. The fact that people on reddit, destiny.com, or destinylfg wouldn't let you join in for any of the endgame activities unless you had a Ghorn is something Bungie never wanted to happen. As for the Thorn, it's being used 33% of time in PvP while other weapons are used less than 10%. The DoT is just too strong on it.

I'm curious to see what is Bungie going to do to make the old raids worth doing. If legendary armor will not be ascended again and new weapons and gear don't drop in them, there will be no point for year 1 players to do them.

Is the Taken King really gonna rework the whole game as much as they seem to imply?

It's not as complicated as most sites are making it seem.

The new max level will 40.

Getting to level 40 will be based on experience instead of light. The more you play, the faster you'll get to max level.

Light will be a stat that determines your offense/defense

Weapons also have a light level now too.

Some of the additions to patrols and the weapons quest sound great. Like getting the Sleeper Stimulant will require you to collect parts of it that are scattered everywhere.

A lot of these additions sound great but i don't know how long these will entertain veteran players.

Lol have you ever done Crota end with a group of people with no tracking rockets? If you ran it hard or normal Gally and HoC are musts. Gally isn't a must for VoG probably makes gate keeper easier. I personal cannot use hand cannons for pvp i'm terrible with them but give me a red death for pvp and its GG. they're gonna tone down the DoT and not sure but i heard they were nerfing its range.

Suro was beast for long ass time hell and Thorn is just annoying since it KS alot and most the people that use it have bad k/d ratio but high scores from assists lol

Lol have you ever done Crota end with a group of people with no tracking rockets? If you ran it hard or normal Gally and HoC are musts. Gally isn't a must for VoG probably makes gate keeper easier. I personal cannot use hand cannons for pvp i'm terrible with them but give me a red death for pvp and its GG. they're gonna tone down the DoT and not sure but i heard they were nerfing its range.

Suro was beast for long ass time hell and Thorn is just annoying since it KS alot and most the people that use it have bad k/d ratio but high scores from assists lol

I've probably done Hard Crota a lot more than you think because I play on both consoles. A Gjally or HoC was never a must. 4 rockets with decent impact will take Crota down on Hard. Tracking was really the only must have. When I joined people for raids sometimes they would kick others immediately if they didn't have a Gjally in their heavy slot.

I joined a 2 people to play Trials of Osiris last week and got kicked because I didn't have a Thorn or Hawkmoon equipped lol. I had them on another character and was moving it using chrome as they kicked me.

Things like that are ridiculous.

Suros will make its triumphant return on 9/15 lol :lol. Im looking forward to using my Shadow Price again in PvP. Its been sitting in my vault forever. The Hardlight will probably be a monster in PvP too now.

Last edited:
I've probably done Hard Crota a lot more than you think because I play on both consoles. A Gjally or HoC was never a must. 4 rockets with decent impact will take Crota down on Hard. Tracking was really the only must have. When I joined people for raids sometimes they would kick others immediately if they didn't have a Gjally in their heavy slot.

I joined a 2 people to play Trials of Osiris last week and got kicked because I didn't have a Thorn or Hawkmoon equipped lol. I had them on another character and was moving it using chrome as they kicked me.

Suros will make its triumphant return on 9/15 lol :lol. Im looking forward to using my Shadow Price again in PvP. Its been sitting in my vault forever. The Hardlight will probably be a monster in PvP too now.

Giving GHorn out and nerfing Thorn will change nothing about asses in fireteams.
There will always be the exit thing they want.

Anyway Bungie is full of ****. They are only nerfing Ghorn to artificially lengthen the amount of time the new DLC takes to finish.
They said it was because of fireteam demands which is now obviously BS.

I agree about them artificially scaling up the difficulty instead of actually adding dynamics. They do it way too often. I knew the Gjally would be nerfed after teams started destroying Skolas in under a minute with it. I hope the Oryx encounter has great mechanics.

I'm curious though if our Year 1 exotics will be adjusted or if they'll just remain at 365.

For such a big company they should never have some of the PR mistakes they have made.

Suros will make its triumphant return on 9/15 lol [emoji38]. Im looking forward to using my Shadow Price again in PvP. Its been sitting in my vault forever. The Hardlight will probably be a monster in PvP too now.

Wow you got my respect since you play twice as hard on both consoles. Hoc and gally were must because they also had solar damage. Truth is good too but not optimal for crota end, Hazen lord w.e it's called is also good damage is low damage but solar and the perks are good.

I'd even say ice breakers are must since they're pretty awesome.

Shadow price.... you wound me sir... I cuss myself afew weeks before they said they were gonna allow us to upgrade it I scraped it. Suro regime! Pew pew ha ha I love hearing that gun fire while aiming.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Something i wanted to ask members here who play a lot.

While i am playing(Mostly on patrols/doing bounties, or doing strikes), i occasionally get a message "Suchandsuch wants to play Destiny with you".
I stop and scan around the map and they are never in sight.
Where are these people getting my username?
I don't mean it like it's a bad thing, but i wonder how these people(Who are not in my friends list), find me online unless they see me playing the game.
Just wondering if anyone knows.

It's someone nearby. I've noticed before also that sometimes when you go to the Tower that you actually end up there before the screen fades in, so sometimes at the Tower people will message you to join them before you've really spawned.

It's someone nearby. I've noticed before also that sometimes when you go to the Tower that you actually end up there before the screen fades in, so sometimes at the Tower people will message you to join them before you've really spawned.

Okay. Thanks.
I was also in a strike last night with a dude who had the red ghost skin. Isn't that a playstation exclusive? Or can you get that skin on xbox?

Okay. Thanks.
I was also in a strike last night with a dude who had the red ghost skin. Isn't that a playstation exclusive? Or can you get that skin on xbox?

I think that ghost is a exclusive digital item from the Ghost Edition.

Back