Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwOUi4JDC4o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I've been watching this one closely, and quietly. Too bad they didn't actually show any gameplay, since a lot of the stuff they did show was leaked in one way or another months ago.

Sounds very impressive and exciting and if anyone can pull it off, it's certainly Bungie.

Sounds like they're taking bit of every cool genre out there and mashing them together. I like the premise of traveling to other planets and it looks like you can customize your ship as well.

I also like that they're planning ahead. They seem like they want to map out the entire series within 10 years. Very good job there and great thinking-ahead to be a consistent story.

Just watched the dev blog video and they no how to make you excited for a game! The music helps too.

All the early stuff for this game is totally falling flat for me. Most of what they have shown so far is a bit of early concept stuff with dudes working on the game telling us how awesome its going to be. How would people respond if the first trailer for the next Star Wars movie was JJ Abrams and the rest of LucasFilm just telling us "Trust us, its going to be awesome!" I liked Halo as much as the next guy, but beyond making FPS controls work on a console (over 10 years ago) they haven't exactly done anything groundbreaking. How excited can anyone actually be about the dudes who made Halo making another multi-player focused sci-fi shooter? Like they didn't want to try and stretch their legs even a teeny bit and try something a bit more out of their comfort zone?

I dunno, the whole thing stinks of a developer that's gotten a bit too pretentious and full of themselves.

All the early stuff for this game is totally falling flat for me. Most of what they have shown so far is a bit of early concept stuff with dudes working on the game telling us how awesome its going to be. How would people respond if the first trailer for the next Star Wars movie was JJ Abrams and the rest of LucasFilm just telling us "Trust us, its going to be awesome!" I liked Halo as much as the next guy, but beyond making FPS controls work on a console (over 10 years ago) they haven't exactly done anything groundbreaking. How excited can anyone actually be about the dudes who made Halo making another multi-player focused sci-fi shooter? Like they didn't want to try and stretch their legs even a teeny bit and try something a bit more out of their comfort zone?

I dunno, the whole thing stinks of a developer that's gotten a bit too pretentious and full of themselves.

Randy Pitchford please stand up. :clap

Back