Destiny (Bungie's new title)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a dlc and what point were you trying to make? You said halo churns out games every year I said it didn't ?

Yes they pretty much do recently. :lol My point is Halo has brought nothing new to the genre as you claim (I would say Halo 3 was their last substantial update that added the forge to the mix). That was a "genre" changer to the "console world". They have added new features and stories sure. So does COD year after year. No reason to get all excited and worked up about my post just because you happen to love the franchise.

a9645e09c8a07264af867ea9615194cd.png

Last edited:
Still not year after year like you said and halo wars wasn't fps. Not new in the genre. Each game has something new within itself.

Still not year after year like you said and halo wars wasn't fps. Not new in the genre. Each game has something new within itself.

Are you mentally ill? They have had 6 games come out in the past 5 years. I would say that's about a game a year. :rotfl Now get off it. Call of duty has released 6 games in the past 5 years as well (just looking at console games) :rotfl

The only substantial gaps have been between 1, 2, and 3. Look at the timeline. It's all there. Are you serious? Or are you intentionally trying to be a ******?

Last edited:
Are you mentally ill? They have had 6 games come out in the past 5 years. I would say that's about a game a year. :rotfl Now get off it. Call of duty has released 6 games in the past 5 years as well (just looking at console games) :rotfl

The only substantial gaps have been between 1, 2, and 3. Look at the timeline. It's all there. Are you serious? Or are you intentionally trying to be a ******?

Thats not a year l thats a period of about a 2 or three year gap and halo wars nor odst count becuase odst was a small campaign dlc and halo wars was not an fps. YOU said Pump out games every year which it doesnt im just saying no need for name calling. Relax dude its not that serious. Also Halo combat eveolved doesnt cout either since thats the first damn game with fixed graphics. lol wow

Thats not a year l thats a period of about a 2 or three year gap and halo wars nor odst count becuase odst was a small campaign dlc and halo wars was not an fps. YOU said Pump out games every year which it doesnt im just saying no need for name calling. Relax dude its not that serious. Also Halo combat eveolved doesnt cout either since thats the first damn game with fixed graphics. lol wow

Now games don't count? Halo ODST (small DLC)? :lol Nevermind. :rotfl

200630b.jpg

Last edited:
Dude it was like a 4hr campaign with the halo3 multiplayer. They just sold it seperatly instead of downloadable and even then it was like 39 dollars. Also it contains firefight it wasn't like it was a big name game. Your looking at every game instead of every main game which really matters. 1,2,3, reach and 4. Not a year after year realease

Dude it was like a 4hr campaign with the halo3 multiplayer. They just sold it seperatly instead of downloadable and even then it was like 39 dollars. Also it contains firefight it wasn't like it was a big name game. Your looking at every game instead of every main game which really matters. 1,2,3, reach and 4. Not a year after year realease

Uh huh.... :violin

I like the concept art for Destiny.

Reminds me of the French sci-fi Metabarons a little.

Was never a fan of Halo but will keep an eye on this.

To be honest I know Celtic can be douchey at times (like myself) but he has a point. Think about how many games are sequels this year, last year, and hell every other year. If you think with that mindset I can understand the level of interest. Big budget FPS sequels are killing some gamers interests in even playing games. I've been playing since the 80's and hardly boot up anymore because I feel like I'm playing the same game over and over again.

Somewhat my opinion. I agree with what you said, but for me, Halo 4 just doesn't give me that Halo feel with what i've seen. It feels off. I still have yet to play it, and I will do so soon, but would've rather had Bungie back on the table. Would've felt more authentic.

That being said, I'm incredibly excited to see this NEW direction with Bungie, because I have enjoyed the Halo universe, and was happy to see they were moving on.

Oh and Wez....ODST counts. :lol, no matter how you slice it, in every single rational direction. :lol

A game this epic needs to be available on PC, dammit.

Looks and sounds like Borderlands (if it took itself seriously).

A game this epic needs to be available on PC, dammit.

Looks and sounds like Borderlands (if it took itself seriously).

Borderlands is one of the last games that takes itself seriously. One need only look at the cover art to draw that conclusion.

Borderlands is one of the last games that takes itself seriously. One need only look at the cover art to draw that conclusion.

I think you misunderstood. What I meant was that this looks like a serious version of Borderlands (so if Borderlands took itself seriously, it would be something like Destiny).

There's supposed to be some new details coming from IGN this Sunday.

Earlier this year, IGN headed north to Bellevue, WA to take our first look at the next game from the creator's of Halo: Destiny. This Sunday, we can finally tell you all about it.

Join IGN's Casey Lynch and Ryan McCaffrey for the first look at Destiny, and jump into the discussion with us by tweeting questions to @IGN with the hashtag #Destiny as we break down everything we know.

What: Live reveal of Destiny, the next game from Bungie
When: Sunday, February 17, 9:30AM Pacific (5:30PM GMT)
Where: Right here in this article, on YouTube, on your Xbox with IGN's Xbox Live App, or on your phone or tablet.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/15/ign-live-presents-the-reveal-of-bungies-destiny

Back