Desert Cobra Sniper!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They really seem to have kicked quality up a notch with this figure haven't they? He went from a boring repaint type of figure to a cool variant figure. Too bad Sideshow has gotten into the bad habit of charging my card before getting this guy out the door the same day :lol Looking like a Monday ship date for a Wednesday arrival date.

I really hope we get more enviroment stands. I know the sand bases are reused from the old SW Mauls' Balls set, but I'd love for more of them. I suppose they could at least paint these white when we get Snowjob and they could pass for snow :lol

This guy turned out pretty nice. I like him a bit more than Dusty. Only thing I can see to make him better would have been making the mask brown like the gloves and drop the chevron on the helmet.

cobradesertsniper1.jpg

cobradesertsniper2.jpg

cobradesertsniper3.jpg

cobradesertsniper4.jpg

cobradesertsniper5.jpg

Very nice pics. So far I have only been picking up the Joes. Now I think it is time to go Cobra.

Got mine yesterday. The weathering on the helmet is my favorite part of this guy. Gives me high hopes for the weather on Boba Fett's helmet turning out great. A surprisingly great variant! Bravo Sideshow!

But please don't get into the habit of just color changing Cobra trooper for each new environment. Arctic Sniper doesn't sound that great to me, especially with the black mask and chevron they would undoubtably include :lol

They better NOT do an Arctic Cobra Sniper / Officer / Trooper when they have the PERFECT Cobra arctic troop design in the Snow Serpents.

Last edited:
Great shots Evil, looks like Sideshow did a great job with this one. Weathering looks great.

Decided to paint the balaclava brown, and the chevron red. I didnt like the way the chevron was coming out with paint, so I asked Evil Face to make me a decal instead, which Im waiting for. Anyway, I think it looks better, the black just stood out too much, imo.

picture129s.jpg

picture128j.jpg

Back