depression. ever had it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So IronLungs31, what do you do when you are not being fabulous and having sex with yourself?

So IronLungs31, what do you do when you are not being fabulous and having sex with yourself?

Take care of my family and try to be the best dad and husband that I can be. Still get to play basketball about 3-4 days a week. Listen to my Hip Hop or R&B because I'm a music lover to the fullest...;)

Take care of my family and try to be the best dad and husband that I can be.

Awesome. Just don't step on too many ants while you eschew your awesomeness upon lesser mortals.

(Do you have any self awareness at all? Most people who do would think twice about writing the kind of self congratulatory pap that you wrote in this thread).

But you continue on with being awesome. :clap

Awesome. Just don't step on too many ants while you eschew your awesomeness upon lesser mortals.

(Do you have any self awareness at all? Most people who do would think twice about writing the kind of self congratulatory pap that you wrote in this thread).

But you continue on with being awesome. :clap

Hey thanks much appreciated...:yess:

lol
So what are you doing now? What kind of part time jobs?

Working at a university as a night and weekend coordinator/supervisor as well as working at an appliance store as an office/warehouse assistant. Been at both for years.

Plus own my own business dealing with city contract. So I think that I'm doing fine for myself. But part time job that was a good kinda got a chuckle out of that one...:rotfl

lol
I was asking Godzillaspawn what he was doing for two jobs like he mentioned.
We got it that your on top of the world :hi5:

Working at a university as a night and weekend coordinator/supervisor as well as working at an appliance store as an office/warehouse assistant. Been at both for years.

So you say you want something full time. Whats been the problem? Been applying?
Hey man you are working two jobs, not like your slacking. Keep positive and pushing forward. I am sure your parents and girlfriend see that.

It'll come. Sounds like you sacrifice a lot for your family and that's something to be proud of. It also sounds like you have an awesome girlfriend, so that's something to be happy about as well. Do you have any friends or contacts that might be able to put a good word in for you at a full-time job in the field you're looking to get into? I was lucky enough to have that, and that's how I got the job I'm in right now.

You're also a connoisseur of Godzilla movies and appreciate the the superiority of the Showa films, so you're okay in my book as well.

So you say you want something full time. Whats been the problem? Been applying?
Hey man you are working two jobs, not like your slacking. Keep positive and pushing forward. I am sure your parents and girlfriend see that.

Yeah..I'm doing just that. I just have my moments where I'm frustrated that I have a Master's degree (even though in not so useful a field as I've been sold on--Communications) but I have pretty good work experience so I just need to keep applying but keep trying to get more hours at my other jobs to get these bills caught up so I can save more.

I've been on many interviews but also several of the companies looking to "Hire" me are those pyramid scams where I'd sell cabinets or knives for minimum wage. It's just been hard enough to get interviews from Monster.com, LinkdIn, or Indeed.com. Just blows lol

Thanks for the friendly advice though. It means more to me then you know. :)

It'll come. Sounds like you sacrifice a lot for your family and that's something to be proud of. It also sounds like you have an awesome girlfriend, so that's something to be happy about as well. Do you have any friends or contacts that might be able to put a good word in for you at a full-time job in the field you're looking to get into? I was lucky enough to have that, and that's how I got the job I'm in right now.

You're also a connoisseur of Godzilla movies and appreciate the the superiority of the Showa films, so you're okay in my book as well.

I try. Naturally you always want to be able to do more to have more breathing room and help out others more. I don't really have any that are in a position to help me get my foot in the door but they all have been keeping an eye out for me which I appreciate. But I feel like I need to know someone who can help me these days.

lol Godzilla has been bringing people together for years! Glad it still works it's magic from time-to-time.

Kinda in a depression, regarding my girlfriend. Not sure if I should stay with it or end it.

I was with my GF for 10 years before we married last summer.
I can tell you there were many close endings...

Time will let you know... unfortunately.
In all relationships, one person is the chaser, is that you?

I don't know if I'm stressed or depressed, but being 26 years old and having two part time jobs because I can't find a good full-time opportunity has me feeling down. I expect more of myself (I always have) and I know other people do of me. I want to be on my own and helping support my parents who have little - to - no money and a girlfriend who has given up so much for me. I have the hunger, I just don't have the experience. I feel trapped.

Hey Zilla~ being 26 years old is about the greatest thing in the world... Let me explain.

Don't worry about experience, sometimes it takes 5 or 6 or even a decade to become a manager... sounds like you have awesome support... use it! Tell them everyday you appreciate them and how you are going to succeed and pay them back... I'm 38 years old and the best advice I heard from a 70 year old man this year was:

"I never made any money until I was about 40 years old"

I was with my GF for 10 years before we married last summer.
I can tell you there were many close endings...

Time will let you know... unfortunately.
In all relationships, one person is the chaser, is that you?

Hey Zilla~ being 26 years old is about the greatest thing in the world... Let me explain.

Don't worry about experience, sometimes it takes 5 or 6 or even a decade to become a manager... sounds like you have awesome support... use it! Tell them everyday you appreciate them and how you are going to succeed and pay them back... I'm 38 years old and the best advice I heard from a 70 year old man this year was:

"I never made any money until I was about 40 years old"

Thank you very much for the kind words.

It's funny. I used to never feel like I fit in here because I was a big part of the Spawn boards and I guess there was this rivalry lol. But lately I have had some good fun going back and forth with people here. This is the first time I've really put personal business out here and I got to say I'm touched by the support system in this thread. You are some good people. I'd break bread with y'all.

Plus own my own business dealing with city contract. So I think that I'm doing fine for myself. But part time job that was a good kinda got a chuckle out of that one...:rotfl

You sound like an ***... and for the record it isn't weak at all. Dealing with what ever life throws at you which sometimes can get you down but hey when your that self obsessed you wouldn't notice anything around you, and for the record im not depressed im very happy but in my opinion admitting your depressed or feeling down isn't for someone like you to pitch in with your negativity :thwak

You sound like an ***... and for the record it isn't weak at all. Dealing with what ever life throws at you which sometimes can get you down but hey when your that self obsessed you wouldn't notice anything around you, and for the record im not depressed im very happy but in my opinion admitting your depressed or feeling down isn't for someone like you to pitch in with your negativity :thwak

You feel better??? Let it go bro' your days late to the party...:cuckoo:

I always feel better after a rant and this is an open thread not closed aware I was late but had to have my say so yea :pfft:

I'm disabled and every day is a challenge but what's the alternative? I just try to live every day before I'm gone. i also attempt to not over think things. Not rocket science but it works for me.

Back