Depp vs. Bale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amongst his peers Depp is considered to be one of, if not the finest actor of this generation....that's good enough for me.

He just doesn't do it as often...I loved him in Donnie Brasco and Blow - but he is more well known for his quirkier roles.

I just like seeing him mix it up a bit more. :D

To me a lot of those quirky roles are still drama. Do you want Bale to do some comedy?

To me a lot of those quirky roles are still drama. Do you want Bale to do some comedy?

Dark comedy like American Psycho - sure. :D

Both actors have their niches....I don't think either one could do the roles that the other does....so I give props to both. Why you being such a hater? :lol

Really? :confused: Have you watched anything besides Batman and Terminator Salvation?

those are the only movies that I would say he has a growl.

I've said it before and i'll say it again "Empire of the Sun" was his BEST performance. American Psycho was another great role but he's just not as consistent or charasmatic as Depp.

Depp can do no wrong imo. I still have a great deal of respect for Bale, i'm just answering what the thread asked for.

Dark comedy like American Psycho - sure. :D

Both actors have their niches....I don't think either one could do the roles that the other does....so I give props to both. Why you being such a hater? :lol

I like Bale, but I like Depp more. I would like to see Depp in a bad ass action movie, just to see if he could do it.

I've said it before and i'll say it again "Empire of the Sun" was his BEST performance. American Psycho was another great role but he's just not as consistent or charasmatic as Depp.

Depp can do no wrong imo. I still have a great deal of respect for Bale, i'm just answering what the thread asked for.

:lol:lol My comment wasn't directed at you. :) Depp is charismatic for sure. I just don't get the comments that all Bale does is growl....he didn't in The Machinist, Rescue Dawn, Harsh Times.....

I love them both equally...and both are easy on the eyes so it's a win/win for me! :D :monkey5

Last edited:
I don't really feel like you can pit them against each other, the roles they play seem quite different, it's not like Stallone vs. Schwarzenegger where it's 2 guys doing the same kind of things. I don't see Bale being able to do Jack Sparrow and I don't see Depp being able to do Batman, they both are fantastic actors at playing the roles they take, and I love how dedicated they both seem to each role and invest into them.

I would too.

My favorite is Sleepy Hollow. I just loved him as Ichabod Crane.

He is great in that. My favorite part is when he finally believes in the horseman and he says something like "It was a horseman..........headless.":lol:lol:lol

Back