Depp vs. Bale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, it was always tough for me to separate Depp from Depp, I always saw a bit of him in his roles unlike someone like Gary Oldman for instance. Maybe it has to do with his fame more than anything. I think that's it. But in the end Bale's variety and dedication does it for me. There's something far more sinister, brooding and subtle about his stuff compared to Depp. Also, I don't see Bale taking any 'willie wonka' 'pirates of the caribbean' type of roles in the near future, both of which I'm not particularly a fan of.

As far as public personalities go, Depps got more bohemian cred but Bales got his outsider/loner thing going on. I like a mix of both, but I pick Bale's passive aggressiveness over Depp's here.

Bale doesnt always steal the show in his movies,Depp always leaves an impression.

In my opinion I think both are phenominal actors and each have there highs and lows as far as films they were in. Too tough of a decision for me.:D

I think Depp is probably a slightly better actor, but I tend to like Bale's movies better. Bale is more mainstream. Depp tends toward oddball roles that are challenging, but generally not in the movies I prefer to watch. Bale is more of an everyman-type actor with talent.

Truly great actors play parts that are not just their personality with a new name. Depp more often strays farther from his actual personality than Bale does.

SnakeDoc

Back