Dejarik Holochess Set Expansion Pack Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, what do you "do" with any collectible? How would this be any different?

You set it up and look at it. Just like any other item, additional figures will enhance it, but its certainly a cool stand alone piece too.

I like to display my action figures in poses and scenes. Since there are no 12" figures to compliment the chess table with (Chewbacca) it's a pretty boring display piece. Sideshow's big mistake was not releasing the appropriate figures to coincide with the release of this. I fully expected to see Chewbacca announced at ComiCon and they missed a tremendous opportunity here. I won't be displaying it until I have the figures to go with it which could take years.

I like to display my action figures in poses and scenes. Since there are no 12" figures to compliment the chess table with (Chewbacca) it's a pretty boring display piece. Sideshow's big mistake was not releasing the appropriate figures to coincide with the release of this. I fully expected to see Chewbacca announced at ComiCon and they missed a tremendous opportunity here. I won't be displaying it until I have the figures to go with it which could take years.

I like to display my figures in "scenes" too, but I think of this release as a scene within a scene. There are several "characters" right there on the table already for the "close up".

Not to mention the R2, C3PO, VOTC Chewbacca and VOTC Luke from Hasbro aren't half bad figures that will work for now.

With or without new figs, I am pretty excited for this one.

I like to display my figures in "scenes" too, but I think of this release as a scene within a scene. There are several "characters" right there on the table already for the "close up".

Not to mention the R2, C3PO, VOTC Chewbacca and VOTC Luke from Hasbro aren't half bad figures that will work for now.

With or without new figs, I am pretty excited for this one.

My Hasblo 12" figures are rotting in a landfill somewhere. I'd be ashamed to display this piece next to that skinny turd sculpted Chewie.

Han Solo would be fine to display next to this... or even as a side item in a larger Jabba set-up. I'm sure the Millenium Falcon wasn't the only place in all of the SW Universe to have a Holochess board.

My Hasblo 12" figures are rotting in a landfill somewhere. I'd be ashamed to display this piece next to that skinny turd sculpted Chewie.

Then you'll be spending $30 for a boxweighing 2lbs, while I'll be spending $30 for a box weighing 8 oz. and a cool @ss display piece surrounded by very good figures. :lol

I still haven't gotten the notice yet, but I'm not surprised, Leia and Asajj didn't come through right away either.

If you don't like it don't buy it.

I honestly don't give a **** if it has figures to go with it or not. I liked how it looked by itself and it kind of reminds me more a prop piece anyways.

I wonder how heavy this piece will be; I imagine the creatures are somewhere around the weight of the droid head Kit Fisto came with, but I don't know what to expect with the table. My only dissappointment with this coming now is I'd have rather had the Bubo pack first to add to my Jabba crew, which is still the crown jewel of my 1/6 Star Wars collection.

So anybody have an idea of what we're supposed to do with it? We have no figures to display with it. What's the point, eh?

Yup. It is pointless till we have the Droids and Chewy to go with it. And it was already said those are way off.

I honestly don't give a **** if it has figures to go with it or not .

Wow, better not let momma see you typing like that.

Its only pointless to those that feel that way. There are plenty of people who are happy to get it and display it. It has its own kind of personality really. I thought it was just cool. It may not be the neatest item in the entire run but its cool.

I think some of you have a to worry about infractions way more than I do. :p

I suggest a new strategy Josh...let the Wookie win. :chew

I couldn't help using that line, right product, and fitting moment :D

I'm looking forward to this piece. I won't be buying right away but I think it's a cool looking set to have with your figures. Adds variety to the collection. It's not for everybody but the exclusive still did sell out, so I guess there are plenty that of people who want one. You can say well the regular hasn't sold out so it must not be that hot but look at all the other 1/6 scale SW regular figures that have not sold out yet and back as a second chance offering: Leia, as Boushh,Plo Koon, Jabba and I even think Qui-Gon. I guess the SW figure sales are slowing down in general.

I have to say, with LED technology, and Hasbro's demonstrated use of multiple colors in translucent plastic, I think this set would have been sweet if like there we little contacts all over the board, and you could put the figures down on any of them and doing so would activate a little light within and give a holographicness to them, but then again, the set would probably run like $100 to do that, so cost wise, better this way.

I have to say, with LED technology, and Hasbro's demonstrated use of multiple colors in translucent plastic, I think this set would have been sweet if like there we little contacts all over the board, and you could put the figures down on any of them and doing so would activate a little light within and give a holographicness to them, but then again, the set would probably run like $100 to do that, so cost wise, better this way.

That's a brilliant idea MF. Heck, even if the chess pieces were translucent plastic like Hasbro did for their 3 3/4" Dejarik Chewie would improve it tremendously.

Dave, if you could find someone to cast your chess pieces in clear plastic, you could probably ship it off to Hurricane for another LED challenge.

Back