Death Note Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This movie is like saying that the latest fantastic four movie was a good movie yet it follows nothing of the comic.

This is similar to how fantastic four messed up so much.

Can someone love that fantastic four movie? Sure.
Was it good adaptation? No....

That fantastic four movie doesnt even resemble the source.

The fact that this has the death note name to it will always be compared to the source.
It would be stupid to expect people to not compare it.

That's fair. I always inevitably compare an adaptation to the source material when I can. In this instance I simply can't because I haven't seen the source material. The fact that it seems to be a subject of contention on here, has me interested in seeking out the anime to have a look for myself. But as I just watched this movie last night I have not had time to. As it stands now, I just can't find it in me to have strong feelings about this movie, either way. Last night, after Preacher was over, I was looking for something else to watch for a couple hours. This proved an entertaining distraction for a couple hours.

For example walking dead is nothing like the comics but it respects the source well enough to be its own thing. Was never a race thing ( L was good at first) it's just how they did it. Yet some people think it's blind fan not bashing and we should admire the cinematography and dumb **** like that.

They should of did that zac efron version like they said they were going to do in 2007.

This movie is like saying that the latest fantastic four movie was a good movie yet it follows nothing of the comic.

This is similar to how fantastic four messed up so much.

Can someone love that fantastic four movie? Sure.
Was it good adaptation? No....

That fantastic four movie doesnt even resemble the source.

The fact that this has the death note name to it will always be compared to the source.
It would be stupid to expect people to not compare it.

Truth. I don't know what you were expecting if you thought an ADAPTION was going to be compared to the original . It's common sense. No way you can look past it.

If anything, light should have been like Dexter.

Dexter IS basically like the american version of light in a way.

Light lives two lifes. One life is the smart humble caring son and good student, the goody two shoes.
The second life is the one with the death note, the calculating, cold, will risk anything and anyone to make his goals come true, as well as believe hes god. Hes a mastermind. He is smarter than all the police. Basically.......Dexter.

How the f does the new one tackle any of this.

Well, I just watched this. I also don't know much at all about the source, but thought this was a fun movie. Ryuk was great. I now want to check out the anime because of it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I really think the overall reaction is that if you go into this with zero knowledge of the source material, you’ll likely enjoy it more than BvS.

If that was their intent, then I guess it’s ok. I mean, I hated it but from the most part, those that don’t know the manga/anime ever existed seem to think it’s decent if social media is any indication.

Knowing what Death Note is really ruins this, I mean, it’s just a bad adaptation. And the music sucks.

Well, I just watched this. I also don't know much at all about the source, but thought this was a fun movie. Ryuk was great. I now want to check out the anime because of it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yep, There's no need to have any existing connection with the Anime to really dig this movie, but the annoying children who plague this thread would have you believe otherwise.

Yep, There's no need to have any existing connection with the Anime to really dig this movie, but the annoying children who plague this thread would have you believe otherwise.

I'm just curious, but what did you think of The Dark Tower?

I thought the movie was fine. Dafoe was creepy. Has some decent camp and awesome soundtrack. I also know nothing of the source material other than making stand decals for it.

yea the man child getting mad cause " muh art direction" definitely isn't plaguing the thread with calling people children who disagree with him. Doesn't tom hardy need you to massage his head somewhere?

I thought the movie was fine. Dafoe was creepy. Has some decent camp and awesome soundtrack. I also know nothing of the source material other than making stand decals for it.

If you go into not knowing what it's about it can be seen as something different but compared to the manga and anime it's just not as good and it's like they didn't try . The anime had better characterization, a better story, a better understanding of the stakes at hand , no teen high school angst, a battle of two geniuses at odds. This movie had none of that. It was very rushed and most of the things that happened didn't . Should of been its own thing.

But the manga and anime don't matter. I'm was watching what this movie presented to me.

The fantastic four flicks aren't bad because they ignore source, they are bad because the movies are just bad.

Tombstone ignores historic accuracy but that doesn't keep it from being a damn good movie.

With trolling this thread on a daily basis, you sure don't pay attention to a whole hellva lot to what people actually said. I know you're a smoking jacket wearing self absorbed bore who thinks he knows good CBMs who much of this forum despises, but try to keep up.

yea the man child getting mad cause " muh art direction" definitely isn't plaguing the thread with calling people children who disagree with him. Doesn't tom hardy need you to massage his head somewhere?

You're just a child that doesn't understand Sony's new take on Bro Venom.

But the manga and anime don't matter. I'm was watching what this movie presented to me.

The fantastic four flicks aren't bad because they ignore source, they are bad because the movies are just bad.

Tombstone ignores historic accuracy but that doesn't keep it from being a damn good movie.

No one said you need to watch the Anime, but Sniktkers keeps trying to make that dumb argument. He's got a problem with fans of the Manga and Anime not licking his auteur, Wingard's ass over his watered down version.

No one said you need to watch the Anime, but Sniktkers keeps trying to make that dumb argument. He's got a problem with fans of the Manga and Anime not licking his auteur, Wingard's ass over his watered down version.

Pretty much just him whining about " da art vision"

At this point I'm betting he actually does like super Mario bros the movie. " screw da source it's all bout dat art. Hyuck"

Back