Dead Space Plasma Cutter Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoke with EW, and these are officially done and inbound into the states. They will be here any day now and shipping will begin on all pre-orders. So these should be in our hands within 1-2 weeks tops! :yess:

Got my Plasma Cutter a couple of days ago, and thought I'd share my thoughts and some pics!

Pros:
  • Heavy (lots of actual metal construction)
  • Great Detailing and paint application
  • Fantastic lasers (at night when the lasers are flickering off the filaments/dust in the air and casting green beams through the darkness, it's AMAZING)
  • Nice heavy duty case

Cons:
  • Plastic areas (handle and antenna) feel somewhat fragile compared to the metal components.
  • VERY front-heavy due to above issue's lop-sided weight distribution
  • All Screws are "clean", even on the heavily weathered areas (I will be fixing this...)
  • This model does NOT rotate for horizontal firing

All in all, I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and it "feels" very cool to hold and cast the infamous 3 dots over everything. especially at night (which I cant photograph :( ). A fantastic pick up for any Dead Space fans!

On to the pics!:

DSPC1.jpg

DSPC2.jpg

DSPC3.jpg

DSPC4.jpg

I got the mini version with LED light from SDCC and I gotta say it really seems poorly made. Everytime I pick it up it feels like it'll snap in half. I hope this 1:1 scale is a lot better. Im kinda 50/50 on this due to the review above me. :dunno

I got the mini version with LED light from SDCC and I gotta say it really seems poorly made. Everytime I pick it up it feels like it'll snap in half. I hope this 1:1 scale is a lot better. Im kinda 50/50 on this due to the review above me. :dunno

The little LED one is CRAP. The 1/1 is very nice, but I do plan on weathering the screws and possibly opening up and either adding metal supports or weights to the handle.

Got my Plasma Cutter a couple of days ago, and thought I'd share my thoughts and some pics!

Pros:
  • Heavy (lots of actual metal construction)
  • Great Detailing and paint application
  • Fantastic lasers (at night when the lasers are flickering off the filaments/dust in the air and casting green beams through the darkness, it's AMAZING)
  • Nice heavy duty case

Cons:
  • Plastic areas (handle and antenna) feel somewhat fragile compared to the metal components.
  • VERY front-heavy due to above issue's lop-sided weight distribution
  • All Screws are "clean", even on the heavily weathered areas (I will be fixing this...)
    [*] This model does NOT rotate for horizontal firing

All in all, I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and it "feels" very cool to hold and cast the infamous 3 dots over everything. especially at night (which I cant photograph :( ). A fantastic pick up for any Dead Space fans!

Disappointing that it doesn't rotate.. especially when the company "confirmed" that it would. :slap :gah:
Well, I guess they won't be getting any of MY money.

Yeah, I suppose that if the price dropped enough, one could modify it to either rotate or just to be in the horizontal position.
I'm kind of curious about how many people actually left it in the vertical position in the game.
The only Enemies I ever took it vertical for were the leapers and pregnants. Sometimes for the wall-gaurdians.
In my mind, the cutter should be horizontal though I realize that this perception is based upon my style of play.
(Shoot out the legs and then remove arms)

^^
Y'know, I thought the same damn thing. I only ever had it vertical if I absolutely needed it to be. It always irritated me that the gun looks visually better in the vertical position, but I was forced to keep it horizontal due to the needs of combat.

Man i wish i could get one of these but apparently importing this to my country is illegal.

Im curious why they decided to go with green lasers instead of blue though.

i have the frostmourne sword the quality is top notch and its so freaking heavy!

U get a stand to hang it on the wall It looks better than the shard

Back