DCDIRECT 1/4 scale mixed media wonder woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's badass. I prefer the pissed off sculpt, you don't generally see female comic characters portrayed in statues with that kind of ferocity. It's a nice change of pace to see one rushing off into battle as opposed to looking like she's posing for a pinup shot.

Hey gang, finally got permission to post this on my website. Bear in mind the first photos feature the original unapproved face, which was deemed too aggressive (aka: fugly). Also, she's a little 'exposed' without her real fabric elements, please keep the snickering to a minimum. ;)

Anyway, thought you might like a look-

https://www.absculpture.com/wonderwoman.htm

Fantastic! If DCD had done a sculpture like that, and not mixed media, I would definitely buy it. I love the aggressive look. She is a warrior after all.

I'm not sure I like the angry head sculpt anymore then the more neutral head sculpt. The body however looks considerably better. I think anyone who gets this and the cloth ends up looking like the one they showed at Toy Fair should remove the cloth and have those sections painted on the body.
I however still prefer her wielding her lasso instead of the battle ax and shield.

Those pics are awesome Andy!! :rock

I also prefer the newer face sculpt.

I can't believe I am going to say this but it's a shame that this is a "mixed media" piece. The sculpt is perfect. This would look much better as a full sculpted statue.

Check out that Bergholtz hair!!! :google

Also, she's a little 'exposed' without her real fabric elements, please keep the snickering to a minimum. ;)

Who's snickering? :drool :love

I prefer the more aggressive head sculpt, and like a few have said this would look much better as a comiquette than a "PF". To much of the great detail is lost under the thick leather.

FANTASTIC JOB on the sculpture, Andy...it's just too bad that the paints apps (at least from the proto shown at ToyFair) fall short of really making it shine...especially the face. :monkey4

Andy, just out of curiousity, as an artist/sculptor, how do you personally feel about some of your sculpts after it is painted and well...the paint job is well....crap? Do you feel disappointed that it somewhat overshadows what is a terrific sculpt underneath? Or maybe even frustrated that after your hard work they just put little-to-no effort into complimenting it with some good paintwork?

Re: Green Lantern PF

I just got the Wonder Woman 1/4 today! I took a few (lousy) pics, though they don't do it justice. Not Sideshow Marvel PF quality, but not bad:

DSCN0990.jpg

DSCN0992.jpg

DSCN0996.jpg

DSCN0997.jpg

DSCN0999.jpg

DSCN1000.jpg

The search function on this forum sucks! I know there's a thread for the Wonder Woman PF, but I can't find it.

Anyway - I thought she'd look better without the cape. I didn't cut it, but gently worked out from under her hair and over her head. I thought I was going to rip it a couple of times, but it's pretty stretchy. I don't think I'll put it back - I like her better this way, although it does make her face look thinner.

WW1.jpg

ww2.jpg

ww3.jpg

ww4.jpg

The search function on this forum sucks! I know there's a thread for the Wonder Woman PF, but I can't find it.

:lol:lol:lol

Anyway - I thought she'd look better without the cape. I didn't cut it, but gently worked out from under her hair and over her head. I thought I was going to rip it a couple of times, but it's pretty stretchy. I don't think I'll put it back - I like her better this way, although it does make her face look thinner.

I think it makes the whole figure look thinner. I may have to try this. Thanks for the pics Darklord Dave! :D

ww4.jpg

She looks great without the cape. I've left the cape on mine, but have considered putting a latch or broach around the neck area, so it doesn't bunch up on the neck too much.

i must say the production version looks pretty nice- definately NOT the quality of the SS PF statues but pretty interesting in the approach..now if it was $150 I might bite...but..(and don't say bite WHAT? LOL)
Gary:banana

Back