DCDIRECT 1/4 scale mixed media wonder woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would by this if I were a bigger DC fan. The blue highlights look pretty good to me in that picture, but I don't know how good they would look somewhere else.

I hate to say it, but no sir, I don't like it.
From the front the cloth around the upper torso looks too baggy and the face is just not appealing to me. I think I'd also like the hair to be more flowing in the wind and away from her face.
The body's sculpt looks great from the right side I must say.

I think I'd also prefer her to not have the ax in hand but would rather have a long wired lasso that you could pose around her in those wild Adam Hughes bends and curves he does on covers.
Still I think Andy did a good job, but just not what I'd prefer for the character.

Last edited:
EGADS... :google The sculpt definitely loses something after all the mixed media is slapped on there.... I'll see if I can get clearance to post some raw sculpt pix on my site soon, likely after the piece is up for pre-order.

A

The overall piece looks nice. The leather on her shirt looks a little thick 2 me.

Andy how much longer before you come back to us? :) You, Tim, Trev, Oluf, and Matt would just set the world on fire as a team.

The girdle looks off on her waist...

Woulda been nice to see her wield the sword or the lasso, but the axe works too. The statue overall looks great and awesome, Andy

Because its Andy's I won't totally rip it apart.

I've never been much of a WW fan but the body looks great. As for the clothes? Ugh... The clothes took this from a grail to something offered at Spencers Gifts. :confused:

EGADS... :google The sculpt definitely loses something after all the mixed media is slapped on there.... I'll see if I can get clearance to post some raw sculpt pix on my site soon, likely after the piece is up for pre-order.

A

Please post pics Andy if you can.

The outfit is a little off. I just think that it's the way the outfit is sitting on the body. With a few adjustment, I think this could and will look much better. DCD is known to adjust their prototypes once they get first impressions from the public.

Hey gang, finally got permission to post this on my website. Bear in mind the first photos feature the original unapproved face, which was deemed too aggressive (aka: fugly). Also, she's a little 'exposed' without her real fabric elements, please keep the snickering to a minimum. ;)

Anyway, thought you might like a look-

https://www.absculpture.com/wonderwoman.htm

Hey gang, finally got permission to post this on my website. Bear in mind the first photos feature the original unapproved face, which was deemed too aggressive (aka: fugly). Also, she's a little 'exposed' without her real fabric elements, please keep the snickering to a minimum. ;)

Anyway, thought you might like a look-

https://www.absculpture.com/wonderwoman.htm

Nice! But I think something has been lost in the paint and tailoring process. The sculpt looks pretty damn good though!

Thanks for the pics Andy! I'm really anxious to add the WW PF to my collection!

I have to say that I do prefer the more muted expression. But seeing the raw sculpt it's ashame that they couldn't find a way to have that anatomy show through. Leather for the top may not have been the way to go. And the "W" and belt are a bit big and soft looking.

I have to say that I do prefer the more muted expression. But seeing the raw sculpt it's ashame that they couldn't find a way to have that anatomy show through. Leather for the top may not have been the way to go. And the "W" and belt are a bit big and soft looking.

Perhaps DCD can still fix those issues. Can you make those suggestions Andy? You must have some imput. It's your piece after all. If I order this, I don't want your great sculpt be ruined by a poorly executed fabric costume.

Absolutely gorgeous Andy! Amazing work as always. Could you share some thoughts about creating this piece? What was the most difficult part to execute? I love the hair. Do you find hair and fabric wrinkles to be difficult? Also, could you describe creating the armature we see holding her up in the first pictures and how & when that was removed in the sculpting process? Thanks

I'd rather have that unpainted/unfinished version. That looks awesome with all the detail showing. :google

Hope you don't mind me posting this Andy. I'd take this as is. :rock

Back