DCD Watchmen - The Comedian 13" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a bummer that the whole "mystery" behind Rorschach's face has caused both the 13" Rorschach to be released last alongside the smaller unmasked figure.

Everyone knows who is playing him, everyone who has read the comic knows Rorschach's identity and they've made no secret about the Rorschach/"homeless man" connection in the 3 tie-in books.

But no, DC Direct has to be all cute about not revealing the face and holding both figures with the face back until the week after the movie. In reality Rorschach should have been the first of the 13" figures released.

It doesn't really matter though, we're only 17 days away from the release anyway. It sucks that we still don't know what the likeness looks like though.

So far they don't have anything announced that isn't coming out in like the next couple of weeks.

Actually their Owl Ship replica (one of their three high-end replica items) was delayed but it was supposed to be out earlier this month along with the Comedian guns and the Rorschach mask/gun set.

But yeah, on the 11th the 13" Rorschach and the 6" unmasked Rorschach will be out and that's it. In just over two weeks every figure DC Direct has planned will be out.

So far they don't have anything announced that isn't coming out in like the next couple of weeks.

Actually their Owl Ship replica (one of their three high-end replica items) was delayed but it was supposed to be out earlier this month along with the Comedian guns and the Rorschach mask/gun set.

But yeah, on the 11th the 13" Rorschach and the 6" unmasked Rorschach will be out and that's it. In just over two weeks every figure DC Direct has planned will be out.

Thanks for the info!

I want to pick up the busts from DCD and I'd like to get all six characters in 1/6.

I have the 4 busts released so far and I have the other two (Nite Owl and Silk Spectre) on preorder.

I'm a total whore for this movie. I couldn't afford the three high-end replicas I mentioned earlier but I've got everything else from DC Direct, whether it's already been released or is on preorder. That's all 11 6" figures, all 3 13" figures and all 6 busts.

I also have all 3 of the tie-in books from Titan Books (Portraits, The Film Companion and The Art of the Film plus I also have their "Watching the Watchmen" book on the original comic from a few months ago), the Nite Owl Dark Roast coffee, and both the soundtrack and score on preorder (both CD and vinyl) plus the 7-disc vinyl box set. I also have the DVD's for the Motion Comics and Tales of the Black Freighter on preorder.

I'm also thinking about getting that NECA Rorschach mask/beanie/hat thing, though I know I would be too embarrassed to actually pull it down and wear it over my face. I'll probably end up getting the Kubricks and Bearbricks too (no US retailers seem to be offering them yet but they'll be my first Kubricks/Bearbricks so I don't even know where to get them) and I'm down for whatever Hot Toys ends up doing.

OUCH! MY WALLET!

Just think, a couple short years ago we were lucky to get that Absolute Edition.

...But no, DC Direct has to be all cute about not revealing the face and holding both figures with the face back until the week after the movie. In reality Rorschach should have been the first of the 13" figures released...

I'm not typically one to defend DCD.... But in this particular case, the delayed release (or "reveal") of the Rorshach figure was at the specific request of the film studio, if I'm not mistaken. It does suck to have to wait though.

I'm not typically one to defend DCD.... But in this particular case, the delayed release (or "reveal") of the Rorshach figure was at the specific request of the film studio, if I'm not mistaken. It does suck to have to wait though.

That's understandable, I just don't know why it's still going on. You would think the embargo would have beenlifted at some point. Again, no secret has been made in regards to his face in the last several weeks. There's a balance between being secretive and not showing their product. The 13" figure is one thing: the fact the mask is removeable probably isn't even known to most people (it's the only 13" Rorschach, that's the big draw) but that's THE draw of the smaller figure, it's the only difference between the standard and the exclusive and so far all we've seen is a grey blob in the shape of the unmasked head and we're 16 days away from it's availability.

I question the whole idea of revealing something that has been known since the moment Jackie Earle Haley was cast but it happened, it's done and over. With the cat 100% out-of-the-bag now in all 3 of the official books I see no reason why it's still such a big mystery.

Ive said it once, Ill say it again. DCD SUCKS. If DC opened up liscensing to outside vendors, and charged them for royalties....they would make SOO much more then putting out all that crap from DC Direct!

DCD for the most part does suck....but the Manhattan 1/6 figure was pleasantly surprised with. I plan to pick up the Comedian but I want to see him in person and will by the Rorschach regardless.

One would think that with TDK Batman done that they'd go Nite Owl II without a doubt although it'd probably be of the same quality and with all the females released that Silk Spectre II would be another obvious nod but maybe they are waiting until the movie hits to announce more?

It's a bummer that the whole "mystery" behind Rorschach's face has caused both the 13" Rorschach to be released last alongside the smaller unmasked figure.

Everyone knows who is playing him, everyone who has read the comic knows Rorschach's identity and they've made no secret about the Rorschach/"homeless man" connection in the 3 tie-in books.

But no, DC Direct has to be all cute about not revealing the face and holding both figures with the face back until the week after the movie. In reality Rorschach should have been the first of the 13" figures released.

It doesn't really matter though, we're only 17 days away from the release anyway. It sucks that we still don't know what the likeness looks like though.

I saw the 13" Rorschach at Toys R Us today. He looked good, but not $80 good. But he is out NOW there at least. TRU doesn't carry about a release date I guess.

i didn't think i would like either manhattan or the comedian at first since i am not a huge fan of the 13'' guys...or at least that is what i kept telling myself to combat the rabid fanboy. sure they aren't hot toys quality but what is other than hot toys? i really dig both of them and am pleased with both. looking foward to rorshach for sure.

I saw the 13" Rorschach at Toys R Us today. He looked good, but not $80 good. But he is out NOW there at least. TRU doesn't carry about a release date I guess.

Damn it. I went to TRU yesterday and found only the smaller 6" figures.

Toys R Us got Series 2 before the "official" comic book store release date too.

My nearest TRU is an hours drive away and in another state so I'd be ordering anyway (that's why I ordered their exclusive Prisoner Rorschach) but I'm sure it's frustrating for those who preordered this stuff months ago (whether it's online or at a comic shop) never imagining that it would be on TRU store shelves.

I'm getting all the 13" DC Direct figures (I already have the first two) but I'll be getting whatever Hot Toys puts out, too.

I don't have any Hot Toys figures. I have their "Godfather" on preorder from Sideshow but they've never done a property that I like enough to justify the price. I mean, I love "Rocky" and "Rambo" but not that much. The "TDK" stuff was great and they would have been must-buys for me if I actually liked the movie enough. I bought the Movie Masters, that's about as much as I liked the Nolan movies.

As far as I'm concerned it's pretty much a given that "Watchmen" will be better than "The Dark Knight" (it's undoubtedly the most overrated movie of all time) so if they can maintain that level of quality on their "Watchmen" figures then you can put me in the "sold" category.

But yeah, these DC Direct figures will do for now.

Disagree with your TDK is overrated...but agree that the Directors Cut of Watchmen will be better. No doubt.

I'm getting all the 13" DC Direct figures (I already have the first two) but I'll be getting whatever Hot Toys puts out, too.

I don't have any Hot Toys figures. I have their "Godfather" on preorder from Sideshow but they've never done a property that I like enough to justify the price. I mean, I love "Rocky" and "Rambo" but not that much. The "TDK" stuff was great and they would have been must-buys for me if I actually liked the movie enough. I bought the Movie Masters, that's about as much as I liked the Nolan movies.

As far as I'm concerned it's pretty much a given that "Watchmen" will be better than "The Dark Knight" (it's undoubtedly the most overrated movie of all time) so if they can maintain that level of quality on their "Watchmen" figures then you can put me in the "sold" category.

But yeah, these DC Direct figures will do for now.

haha you're funny

wow..... im still laughing
image7458dm9.gif

Well I laugh at people who think Christopher Nolan is a great director so I guess we're even.

Back