DCD Watchmen - The Comedian 13" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad the final sculpt was the Vietnam-era Comedian. He was more in business at that time. Really the only meaningful thing he did with the grey on his temples was..get killed. :(

I scored mine on eBay for about $80 a few days ago. Just waiting for him to come in the mail. He looks amazing from those pictures Orc posted. Actually I've gone Eddie Blake-crazy lately. When I saw the film I promptly got the Rorschach figure, bust and doll (for lack of a better term) and upon reading the graphic novel I've grown a huge appreciation for the Comedian. I'm waiting not only for the 13" figure, but also the variant action figure, bust, a key chain and shirt. :) Oh, and posters of Rorschach and the Comedian. It's going to be good coming home from work seeing these packages on my doorstep for the next two weeks. :D

I had my opinion about the attacks on Nolan, Snyder and Moore in here, but I deleted it just in case it would have added fuel to a dying fire. They're all cool in my book though.

I'm glad the final sculpt was the Vietnam-era Comedian. He was more in business at that time. Really the only meaningful thing he did with the grey on his temples was..get killed. :(

Actually it isn't the Vietnam-era Comedian. His hair was like this all the way up to the Crimebusters meeting:

jeffrey_dean_morgan_as_the_comedian_watchmen_movie_image1.jpg

He had grey temples throughout the 80s, in the scene of the Police Riots with Nite Owl II he has black hair and grey temples. When he gets killed his hair is more grey than black.

Ah, I didn't remember that clearly. I saw the film only once, and it was the first showing on opening day, and I had been awake for about 35 hours so my memory wasn't at its best, heh. But I plan to see it again tomorrow.

In any case, I like the one they released better than the prototype. Bit more handsome IMO. :) And I especially like his removable mask. I will not be displaying him with it. I thought he looked better without the mask, and displaying him with the mask isn't accurate unless you were to fine-tip the skin right around his eyes. When he wears his mask in the film you can see that he is also wearing makeup painted right up to his eyelashes, and the mask on this figure does not cover his eyelids.

Agreed, that why I had to have my wife repaint it. I wish they had included either an alternative head with the hairstyle that is correct or done the hair that is seen throughout the film the most. There are rumors of a Minutemen Comedian which would have the perfect hairstyle and since during the majority of the Minutemen scenes he had a mustache the head would be perfect for a swap.

Ah, I would love a Minutemen one! If only they'd make a Sally to go with him. I love the idea of them as a couple, even though they were..uh..not a very good couple.

I don't think I would have the guts to switch heads around though. I don't have very good luck with customizing figures. All I can really do is fine-tip missing details, and even that is tough with my tremors. Definitely will keep my fingers crossed for a Minutemen Comedian though, just to be able to have him at two stages in his life.

That DCD likeness is pretty abysmal. The rest of the figure is surprisingly competent though!

Good point... but doesn't the mask appear in his closet when Rorschach is looking through it? Or did I just make that up :lol

I'm seeing it again tonight, I'll be sure to look for that.

I really want a Minutemen Comedian now. I love that funny green bomber suit. :D

Just hoping HT makes this happen... I imagine they'd also include his full face mask.

They won't the "Gimp mask" was never even created for the film.

Yeah would be cool but he didn't wear any mask in the movie! In the comiase yes but not in the movie i think.

He wore the domino mask in a lot of the scenes of the film.

Good point... but doesn't the mask appear in his closet when Rorschach is looking through it? Or did I just make that up :lol

When Rorschach opens the closest there is the Domino mask but no other.

Horrible picture but its the best I could find on short notice:

Watchmen2-9.JPG

You see it (The Domino) right above the chest piece.

Did anyone here pick-up the guns & dog tag set?

Been lookin' around for the cheapest price. Since these do not have a set edition size, I'm kinda cautious about jumping on this item right away. Got the feelin' that I might be able to pick this up for $70-50 cheaper in about 6 months.

Concerning this D.C. figure....Sorry to say it's a "pass" for me.

Back