DCD Watchmen - The Comedian 13" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God, I hope that Hot Toys gets the WATCHMEN license. I don't want to be forced to go to DC Direct for these (though I will probably pick up the 7" figures, which look pretty cool).

The price and the scale turn me completely off. I love Watchmen, but not enough to pay that. And you know you could never just get one. If you got The Comedian, you would need Rorschach, Nite-Owl, Ozymandias, Dr. Manhattan, and Silk Specter to complement it. That would be a major investment for stuff that would still be out of scale with the rest of your 1/6th scale figures.

Any one pick this up?

It looks ok, head looked undersized and not painted to well.

Outfit looked decent and the pistols were cool looking but not a $125 figure by any means.

I pre-ordered this from Joe for under $80. Should be arriving within the next week or so.

I'm very glad that the eye mask is removeable. Looks better without it.

I thought the head looked like it has been changed from the proto, might have been the paint though.

Well, Andy did sculpt this one too so you know the sculpt can't be bad. I can't wait to get it.

Conversely, my Comedian and Manhattan busts arrived today so I'm clock-watching here at work. :tap

I've got the Rorschach mask/gun preordered. It looked really good at NYCC. Can't wait to break it off that stand. :lol

The Comedian guns set wasn't as nice as the pictures I'd seen.

From this:
d_4999.jpg

To this:
DSCN7249.JPG

Last edited:
I've got the Rorschach mask/gun preordered. It looked really good at NYCC. Can't wait to break it off that stand. :lol

The Comedian guns set wasn't as nice as the pictures I'd seen.

That's disconcerting, because they looked pretty awesome in person at SDCC.

I have ALL of this stuff coming, regardless. :duh

Whoa....that is criminal. It doesn't even look like the same sculpt....

That is what I was saying. I know the pic from NYCC has bad lighting but it doesn't look like the same sculpt to me in person either. In person, the head looks small and the hair isn't painted like the proto either.

Back