DCD Watchmen - The Comedian 13" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The proto looks like an older Comedian...the NYCC one looks younger.

I was also thinking that as well. The final production one might look better with a custom Flamethrower. We'll see.

Shot in the dark thought: what if it comes with 2 heads (Older/Younger)? I doubt it. But, again... we'll see.

Interesting that they include the domino mask and the scar on the younger face if there are two included.

Interesting that they include the domino mask and the scar on the younger face if there are two included.

Well, I do doubt there are two heads... but technically he does receive the scar when he's younger (and also wears the domino mask sporadically during that time as well).

I didn't see a second head or read the accessory list on the box to see if there was another one with the figure but I will stop at another comic shop and check after work if I get a chance.

I assume they would include only one domino mask, which can be placed on either head, IF they do include 2 heads. It is interesting how they displayed the younger head with the mask on, seeing as how displaying it without would be a better way of differentiating between the sculpts, if they are supposed to be old and young. Another head may also justify the price hike, but DCD heads are hard to remove so I don't know why they would be encouraging people to switch them, unless they do an overhaul on how they attach to the neck. From what I can see it looks the same. Would have been nice to get a pre-scar head, but he does recieve it when he was younger, as IrishJedi stated.

watchmen_comedian.jpg

watchmen-comedian-md.jpg

The Martian Manhunter came with two heads and they were easy to swap so no excuse there.

The Martian Manhunter came with two heads and they were easy to swap so no excuse there.

Forgot about that one, but in general, I find it a pain in the ass to try and remove the heads of DCD figures. When they do make them removable, it seems as though the heads feel too loose when on, and when there is only one head and you're not supposed to remove it, the neck join feels so damn fragile that breaking it seems very likely. It think it's time DCD did a mjor overhaul on their "1/6" bodies...

Forgot about that one, but in general, I find it a pain in the ass to try and remove the heads of DCD figures. When they do make them removable, it seems as though the heads feel too loose when on, and when there is only one head and you're not supposed to remove it, the neck join feels so damn fragile that breaking it seems very likely.

Also, the Green Lantern Corp had swappable heads.

Oh and didn't the Green Latern Corp. figure sell for the normal DCD price of $80? And that came with four heads and a light-up lamp. This thing better have some good accesories for an MSRP of $125...

I know he receives the scar when he is young but from a production standpoint they are selling to everyone not just us Watchmen nuts. So since 90% of the commercials have shown him without the domino mask young and scarless you'd think that'd be the natural sculpt to include

Oh and didn't the Green Latern Corp. figure sell for the normal DCD price of $80? And that came with four heads and a light-up lamp. This thing better have some good accesories for an MSRP of $125...

No, the standard price is $90-100 a pop now. Some of the movie based ones are now $125 standard.

Just checked it out again.

No second head and is a younger version, no gray in the temples. It looks like a different sculpt from the proto and nothing like JDM to me either.

Yah, I got him. The sculpt is the younger version with a removeable mask. But the outfit is actually pretty good. If this were designed for a standard 1/6 body rather than the comic book Superman body it would be perfect. Sure HT will have a button that's a separate piece rather than being sculpted to the harness, but overall if HT's outfit turns out this nice I'll be happy.

Damn... I'm really hoping Hot Toys does something really nice with this licence as I'm getting annoyed at waiting! :lol

I've heard drips and drabs about them having it.

i just picked up the 13'' manhattan and comedian and i have to say i am pleasantly surprised with both even given the higher prices for dcd stuff lately.

i think the comedian is prolly my favorite of the two. i like him on the comic book superman type body. he is pretty massive but it works with his vest, boots, pants, etc. a version on the hot toys muscular body would look amazing. he looks much better in hand than the pics i had seen so far of him. i do wish he came with the grenade launcher, flamethrower, or extra head given the price. i dig his outfit and it is pretty intricate and well-sculpted.

manhattan's suit is o.k. and he doesn't really seem worth the price tag at all...especially when he doesn't even come with socks. i am going to glue stick everything down so it sits a little flatter on him (collar, jacket collar, etc). the face sculpt is pretty good though. i would be very excited to see what someone like hot toys could do with him on the muscular body.

overall i dig them and am looking foward to rorshach. price-wise, any higher and i would have felt guilty picking them up but, honestly, i'm a fanboy so i'm excited to just have figures of the watchmen.

Last edited:
Back