DCD 13" V, V for Vendetta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to dredge up an old thread. I haven't been here in a while.

I just moved my V to my desk, and noticed his chin under his mask is painted flesh-colored. Tsk tsk. Also have yet to get him better gloves that fit around his sleeves.

The mods in this thread are cool but one thing I'm noticing; even though people are complaining about the boots being too thick or big, they are accurate in the fact that they are VERY shiny. In one of the very first scenes of V for Vendetta you see V getting ready and you get a close up of his boot as he wipes his hand across part of it, presumably wiping a smudge away, and it is very shiny. The boots on the mods I'm seeing, while looking much more realistic than the DC Direct versions, are very dull and matte. His shiny boots though really add to the figure IMO, just as much as the pattern of his tunic. Maybe Han Solo or Jedi Luke boots would work?

These customs people are putting up look simply amazing! I might have to grab this and try one for myself some day as I have been wanted to get the DCD figure for a while.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread. I haven't been here in a while.

I just moved my V to my desk, and noticed his chin under his mask is painted flesh-colored. Tsk tsk. Also have yet to get him better gloves that fit around his sleeves.

The mods in this thread are cool but one thing I'm noticing; even though people are complaining about the boots being too thick or big, they are accurate in the fact that they are VERY shiny. In one of the very first scenes of V for Vendetta you see V getting ready and you get a close up of his boot as he wipes his hand across part of it, presumably wiping a smudge away, and it is very shiny. The boots on the mods I'm seeing, while looking much more realistic than the DC Direct versions, are very dull and matte. His shiny boots though really add to the figure IMO, just as much as the pattern of his tunic. Maybe Han Solo or Jedi Luke boots would work?

You could also try adding some shine to the boots with a gloss medium or maybe even shoe polish would work?

I would not recommend Sideshow plastic boots though as they really look pretty bad in person and they would likely bulge from the extra pants material you'd have to stuff down in them.

DiD or Newline boots would look perfect and would hold polish or a glossy coat very well.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread I thought it would be better to post here rather than to create a new thread.

Just want to show my DC V for Vendetta custom for fun!

The hair implant idea is all due credit to MateriaHunter ;)

CustomDCDVendetta1.jpg

CustomDCDVendetta.jpg

VOILA!
CustomDCDVendetta4.jpg

CustomDCDVendetta5.jpg

CustomDCDVendetta6-1.jpg

I don't have a name,
CustomDCDVendetta2.jpg

But you can call me V
CustomDCDVendetta3.jpg

Thanks for viewing! hope u all enjoy it :p

awesome! what hands/gloves are ya using? the original DCDs?

Wow, somehow I missed that last V custom from Shadow Wolf... looks unreal :rock :rock

I really need to get that damn wig :lol

Very well made custom, which has inspired me to make my very first 1/6 custom figure. i noticed you.re using the stock body, im gonna be using the HT TT narrow slim figure; hopefully everything goes well

Very well made custom, which has inspired me to make my very first 1/6 custom figure. i noticed you.re using the stock body, im gonna be using the HT TT narrow slim figure; hopefully everything goes well

Are you using the narrow or the slim? If its the slim body save that rare body for something else and use the narrow shoulders or the advanced. Let me tell you first hand that body (slim) will look terrible on it... i know because i tired it. I tried the old wide shoulders and it looked bad also. Best is just the narrow shoulders. looks great.

43704864.png

78587132.png

Are you using the narrow or the slim? If its the slim body save that rare body for something else and use the narrow shoulders or the advanced. Let me tell you first hand that body (slim) will look terrible on it... i know because i tired it. I tried the old wide shoulders and it looked bad also. Best is just the narrow shoulders. looks great.

43704864.png

78587132.png

ordered! I might have to steal that double dagger pose....

MateriaHunter, thanks for the idea, bro!!
It's really beyond any expectations!

IMHO, best choice for this one is old HT_TT or new Advanced.
BTW, legs plates from new Advanced makes really good pants shape.
For more details about my figure please go HERE. Photo of undressed body included.
Hope to get new cloak very soon.

Obitsu black haired head, "Samara style" :D Like this ONE. Do not confuse it with other Obitsu head with blank flat face and wrong haircut. You need exact this one.

Back