DCD 13" V, V for Vendetta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To break it down for you. You did give Ski props. And then as fast as you did, you took those props away by taking credit for it yourself.

Nothing I said took anything away from Ski. The fact is that I have given some pointers to Ski about point and shoot photography, and it looks like he's applying some of that (lighting, tripod, maybe ISO, etc.)... wait why am I explaining this again? Did you read and comprehend that the first time?

I plan to get lots of pointers from Ski for a custom I'll be working on this year. If I do the work myself and apply what he shares with me and the custom comes out good, would you see it as "condescension" if he were to say "Nice work! You do me proud!"? I, for one, would would see that as perfectly appropriate, and not in the least bit condescending or conceited.

But as I told you before, if you don't get it, it's not worth explaining it.

Why can't you see that I get it? I understand how you took my initial post to Ski, and I explained why it was incorrect. Why can't you just admit that you were being presumptuous and except my explanation? Why is it never you that 'doesn't get it'?

You're ultimately responsible for how everybody sees you and I've gotta say, the majority, though not as vocal as Valfar, Bam or myself, agree.

Again, here is an example of how highly you view your opinion. Why can't you see how arrogant you sound.

And do I even need to comment on how many people feel about you. You're ultimately responsible for how everybody sees you as well. Yes a few do say that you say what they are thinking (and in some cases you even say what I am thinking) but more often people are just upset or offended by what you say.

I say what I think because I don't believe in pretending to be somebody else just to fit in and be a "cool guy."

I agree with this. I also think that it is rare for people to say something that is completely disingenuous. I choose to try and see people in a good light, and where possible, impute good motives, instead of assuming the worst about everyone.

I also don't believe that everything needs to be handed out with candy-coated handjobs. All it does is confuse people or give them a false sense of your meaning and makes you a brown-nosing patsy (not you per say, but in general).

Assuming that by "candy-coated handjobs" you mean 'seasoning your words with salt*' This is simply not true. You can make your point (even if it's contrary to what the majority are saying) in a clear, but respectful way. I honestly don't know if I've ever seen you do this. It does take a little more time to make a point that way, but it will be more affective, and will contribute to a positive environment here, instead of just getting people all riled up (like I am right now :banghead :lol).

So if I'm "saying" what everybody else is "thinking," as you state, what does that actually say about what they're thinking if they post that? And lets be honest. People post that a hell of a lot. :lol

Yes, I see it a lot, but again, many don't agree (which I also said). And again, just because you post the first thought that came to someone else's mind, doesn't mean it's the best thing to post.

From what I've seen, when people agree with you, it's when you are commenting on a company, a sculpt, or a genuine troll. When it comes to passing judgement on members in general - me or anyone else - I have not seen someone say: "you said what I was thinking".

* "Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person." - Colossians 4:6

^^^While typing all that, I remembered this too:

Too much awesomeness to comment on. :thud:

Just let me say that I thoroughly enjoyed the last 3 pages. :rock :bow

Thank you fellas, I hope to not disappoint with more work during 2011 and Mags I've taking a page from your book with all the pics and posing :lol still need a new camera but doing the best I can with what I have right now.

I also had that^^^ in the back of my mind when I said "you do me proud."

Ski has been posting awesome sets of pictures lately, showing off poses and such. And as he said, that's something I've been doing for a while. :)

To me, that's positive interaction between members. Why do you gotta be a hater. :monkey2

Nothing I said took anything away from Ski. The fact is that I have given some pointers to Ski about point and shoot photography, and it looks like he's applying some of that (lighting, tripod, maybe ISO, etc.)... wait why am I explaining this again? Did you read and comprehend that the first time?

What makes you so sure it's your advice he's applying? Maybe he was just playing to your overinflated ID and it was actually just the ____ty camera all along. How do you know he hasn't always tried to do this. :huh

I plan to get lots of pointers from Ski for a custom I'll be working on this year. If I do the work myself and apply what he shares with me and the custom comes out good, would you see it as "condescension" if he were to say "Nice work! You do me proud!"? I, for one, would would see that as perfectly appropriate, and not in the least bit condescending or conceited.

What's wrong with just complimenting him? The fact that you have to take any credit whatsoever is conceited.

Why can't you see that I get it? I understand how you took my initial post to Ski, and I explained why it was incorrect. Why can't you just admit that you were being presumptuous and except my explanation? Why is it never you that 'doesn't get it'?

I did get it. It was conceited. :lol

Again, here is an example of how highly you view your opinion. Why can't you see how arrogant you sound.

It's not arrogance. I spend more time here and talk to more people. :wink1:

And do I even need to comment on how many people feel about you. You're ultimately responsible for how everybody sees you as well. Yes a few do say that you say what they are thinking (and in some cases you even say what I am thinking) but more often people are just upset or offended by what you say.

And here's the difference between you and I. I don't care what people think about me. Look at my friends list. Those are people who wanted to be my friend (which I use loosely given this is cyberspace). I think you'll find that a majority of the people who dislike me, don't like having their posts questioned or being called on their oral diarrhea.

I agree with this. I also think that it is rare for people to say something that is completely disingenuous. I choose to try and see people in a good light, and where possible, impute good motives, instead of assuming the worst about everyone.

How naive of you. :lol

Assuming that by "candy-coated handjobs" you mean 'seasoning your words with salt*' This is simply not true. You can make your point (even if it's contrary to what the majority are saying) in a clear, but respectful way. I honestly don't know if I've ever seen you do this. It does take a little more time to make a point that way, but it will be more affective, and will contribute to a positive environment here, instead of just getting people all riled up (like I am right now :banghead :lol).

That's how you try to work on things. I get ____ done.

Yes, I see it a lot, but again, many don't agree (which I also said). And again, just because you post the first thought that came to someone else's mind, doesn't mean it's the best thing to post.

From what I've seen, when people agree with you, it's when you are commenting on a company, a sculpt, or a genuine troll. When it comes to passing judgement on members in general - me or anyone else - I have not seen someone say: "you said what I was thinking".

Honestly is the best policy. And just because you don't want to hear it, doesn't mean it shouldn't be said. This is the entitlement generation BS I talk about.

* "Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person." - Colossians 4:6

You can quote better fiction than that, can't you?

1) The Cybershot is a decent point and shoot.

2) Just making sure you saw this post: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3233328#post3233328

Beyond that, I would just be repeating what I already made abundantly clear. Some of which you have ignored in your reply.

Bottom line: we will never see eye to eye. :wave

bGjfANdAGj9t1y81lIVqe3uKo1_500.gif

Back on topic. (Sorry you all had to see all that.)

Yea some ppl can be a bit harsh if something isn't as good as a TT body. I understand the gripes about the bad bicep joint and the cut wrists but to me at least (and I know I'm the minority) I still don't think they are bad bodies especially not the slimmer one. The Spirit, V, Jonah Hex and Sinestro look great on that body. I don't disagree that things could be fixed but I don't hate on them. I like the DCD 13" line especially since no one else seems to be interested in doing comic styled 1/6 figures

I agree. True Types are arguably the best, but they are overpriced. :(

I have a TTL body on the way, and I really hope I like it, as a cheaper alternative would make me very happy. And from what I've read they have shorter forearms than a TT, which fixes one of the major flaws of the TT. It also has narrower shoulders than the Standard TT. And the Sideshow Prometheus body has nice articulation. I just wish it had stronger joints... I should see if those can be tightened.

Regarding the DC bodies:

1) I wish they weren't 13". Just like I wish the Medicom RAH was taller. It would be nice to have a consistent scale on the shelves.

2) They have kind of poor articulation, with two main problem areas:

• Only ball jointed shoulders, with no back and forth/ up and down movement.
  • Cut wrist and ankle joints, with no tilting.

However, the lanky legs do look kind of cool for a more comic-booky style character.

I have a TTL body on the way, and I really hope I like it, as a cheaper alternative would make me very happy. And from what I've read they have shorter forearms than a TT, which fixes one of the major flaws of the TT. It also has narrower shoulders than the Standard TT. And the Sideshow Prometheus body has nice articulation. I just wish it had stronger joints... I should see if those can be tightened.

Regarding the DC bodies:

1) I wish they weren't 13". Just like I wish the Medicom RAH was taller. It would be nice to have a consistent scale on the shelves.

However, the lanky legs do look kind of cool for a more comic-booky style character.

totally agree Mag!

well I'm not a nut about consistent scale, but the rest i agree :lol

also a good alternative to the TT is the ACI bodies. a lot of ppl in the SW Custom section are beginning to use them. It's what I'm going to start using. they fit with HT pegs from what I can see and heard

here's what I'm talking about:
https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIACI-FIGA

Regarding the DC bodies:

The newer TTLs are a bit loose though, so you need to watch out for that. One thing I do like about them though, is they come with a headplug for figures like Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark who need a bigger ball joint.

Nice! I haven't seen these before. Will definitely give one a try.

The newer TTLs are a bit loose though, so you need to watch out for that. One thing I do like about them though, is they come with a headplug for figures like Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark who need a bigger ball joint.

Can the TTLs or the Prometheus be tightened like a TT?

Nice! I haven't seen these before. Will definitely give one a try.

Can the TTLs or the Prometheus be tightened like a TT?

The Pro can, but there's really no need. Every pro I've gotten on the newer figures (Pro 1.1+) has been relatively tight. The TTL's I'm not sure, but I think they're glued together (don't quote me on that though). I used a few for my Team Test customs (waiting on noggins from Ski) but they're still packed away.

Yeah, the boots are a must swap.... You doing the wig? I've always been tempted to do one.... Where did you pick up the V? Amazon?

Yea all that jazz, I read up on the mods, no mop for me... let good enough alone.

I'll PM you where I got don't want to step on ppl's toes here, VERY good deal.

Just thought I would give people a heads up. I have been looking for this guy for a while for a good price and it's hard to find. Most people here want 100+. ANYWAY I stumbled upon the listing on amazon ( [ame="https://www.amazon.com/Vendetta-Movie-Deluxe-Collector-Figure/dp/B001M4SJAQ"]Amazon.com: V for Vendetta (Movie): 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figure: Toys & Games[/ame]). GoHastings has him for only $49.99 and one of the private sellers has him for $39.99!

Anyway I got mine, Going to do the hair mod and I just wanted to let people know incase anyone was looking for this guy at a good price :yess::yess:

Back