DCD 13" V, V for Vendetta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought my V with a Hot Toys body from galactiboy!

So stoked to get this guy set up!!!

Will post pictures soon once I get him.

What body does he come on stock? Is it one of those crappy 13" DCD bodies?

Yep.... I'm not sure if galactiboy had any troubles switching bodies, but I'm happy to have a sturdy body that is 12" and won't be flimsy and shoddy.

What body does he come on stock? Is it one of those crappy 13" DCD bodies?

It's on the slimmer version that was initially used/made for the DCD TDK Joker. The only thing I don't like about them are the wrist joints other than that I don't see any problem with them :dunno

Yep.... I'm not sure if galactiboy had any troubles switching bodies, but I'm happy to have a sturdy body that is 12" and won't be flimsy and shoddy.

I have a total of 6 DCD 13" figures, none of which have broken on me. 4 of those are on the slimmer body. Not too sure what you mean by flimsy? I've had them for years and haven't had any problems due to breakage or anything of that nature

Unable to find DCD version at my place.
So just got the Neca version 12" V for Vendetta @ $24. No real fabric clothes. All plastic plus rubber. Very limited articulations.
But for me it's good enough (from distance) for displaying.
2e4dac4.jpg
2e6f1fl.jpg

2cfs568.jpg

15yo2f.jpg

It's on the slimmer version that was initially used/made for the DCD TDK Joker. The only thing I don't like about them are the wrist joints other than that I don't see any problem with them :dunno

I have a total of 6 DCD 13" figures, none of which have broken on me. 4 of those are on the slimmer body. Not too sure what you mean by flimsy? I've had them for years and haven't had any problems due to breakage or anything of that nature

I have actually heard nothing but bad thoughts about DCD 13" figures so it was my understanding that they were no good, like the Enterbay bodies.

I have actually heard nothing but bad thoughts about DCD 13" figures so it was my understanding that they were no good, like the Enterbay bodies.

Yea some ppl can be a bit harsh if something isn't as good as a TT body. I understand the gripes about the bad bicep joint and the cut wrists but to me at least (and I know I'm the minority) I still don't think they are bad bodies especially not the slimmer one. The Spirit, V, Jonah Hex and Sinestro look great on that body. I don't disagree that things could be fixed but I don't hate on them. I like the DCD 13" line especially since no one else seems to be interested in doing comic styled 1/6 figures

Condescension: "You do me proud." Might as well just call him "boy." That post reads like you taught him how to pose and take pics of his action figures, like you're his ____ing mentor or something. :monkey1

Ski knows I have a lot of respect for him. And knows I'm not being condescending. Frankly the stuff he does with customs is way out of my skill set. I can't even begin to express how impressed I am with all that he has done in that department in the last year or so.

However, it is no secret that his pics were often less than stellar (see many of King Darkness' post about 'grainy pics' and 'get a new camera'). I gave him a few friendly pointers a while back (which were welcomed), and it shows. I feel privileged to have had a small part in helping Ski show off his collection/skills. As to posing: it's a big part of my collecting style and I love seeing others get into posing as well. None of this is anything like calling him "boy" OR "bud".

Again, you don't know me. You are incapable of comprehending the way I (and many others) think because you are trapped in the cynical, sad little world in your head. And I would kindly ask you to ____ off and never be so presumptuous as to judge the intent behind my posts again. And if you must, keep that SH@T to yourself.

Last edited:
This self-entitled arrogance is why everybody laughs at you. :lol

You have never once explained to me why you think "entitlement" or "self-entitled arrogance" applies to me. Please explain to me how my post was arrogant. All I did was explain why I gave props to Ski and asked to you ____ off.

And the irony is you are the most self-entitled, arrogant member on this site, Mr. "Card Carrying Member of the Elite."

Aren't you the self styled spokesman for Sideshow Freaks? That's not arrogant? :cuckoo: You believe that all the negativity you post is what "everyone else is thinking". That's bull____! I cringe every time I see someone say that, because I know how super-literal you take it. We have filters on our "mouths" (what we type) for a reason. Just because your's is broken doesn't somehow make you a more genuine person. It just makes you an a$$hole. And the fact is that many disagree with you on a lot of points. I'm not saying you don't have some good ideas, and sometimes contribute something of value, but you seriously need to take a good hard look at yourself and realize that maybe it's not everyone around you that is the problem.

Only because you're intentionally dismissing the subtext.

Whatever. You're just trying to get inside my head, and make me believe that everyone's like you.

Is there some other subtext I'm missing?

You have never once explained to me why you think "entitlement" or "self-entitled arrogance" applies to me. Please explain to me how my post was arrogant. All I did was explain why I gave props to Ski and asked to you ____ off.

To break it down for you. You did give Ski props. And then as fast as you did, you took those props away by taking credit for it yourself. But as I told you before, if you don't get it, it's not worth explaining it. You're ultimately responsible for how everybody sees you and I've gotta say, the majority, though not as vocal as Valfar, Bam or myself, agree.

And the irony is you are the most self-entitled, arrogant member on this site, Mr. "Card Carrying Member of the Elite."

That's an ongoing inside joke in the Joe boards. But given your taste in collectibles, you'd be ignorant to it's meaning as well as the fact that I don't take it the least bit serious. I do love poking fun at the douches and newbs who do though. :lol

Aren't you the self styled spokesman for Sideshow Freaks? That's not arrogant? :cuckoo: You believe that all the negativity you post is what "everyone else is thinking". That's bull____! I cringe every time I see someone say that, because I know how super-literal you take it. We have filters on our "mouths" (what we type) for a reason. Just because your's is broken doesn't somehow make you a more genuine person. It just makes you an a$$hole. And the fact is that many disagree with you on a lot of points. I'm not saying you don't have some good ideas, and sometimes contribute something of value, but you seriously need to take a good hard look at yourself and realize that maybe it's not everyone around you that is the problem.

I don't take it literal. I say what I think because I don't believe in pretending to be somebody else just to fit in and be a "cool guy." I also don't believe that everything needs to be handed out with candy-coated handjobs. All it does is confuse people or give them a false sense of your meaning and makes you a brown-nosing patsy (not you per say, but in general). So if I'm "saying" what everybody else is "thinking," as you state, what does that actually say about what they're thinking if they post that? And lets be honest. People post that a hell of a lot. :lol

Back