DC Direct: The Dark Knight Rises

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
black chick's butt.
23272_373636980906_4068_n.jpg

Once Mattel gets a hold of them and they shrink for mass production, they're awful. I got carried away back in 2008 with the Movie Masters line. I remember how excited I was for Batman, The Joker, the Grumpy and the chase but how crappy the line ended up being in the long run..
Agreed. Those MM 2-ups looked fantastic, but the end figures were horrendous.

That's why I'm excited about DCD doing these now. For me, their sculpts and paint apps have always been superior, plus they'll likely have proper accessories too unlike Mattel. If these are anything like the DCD Arkham line then they're going to put the MM line to shame.

So the DC Direct 6 inch figures are most likely going to be static figures with limited or no articulation right? (Based on the in progress sculpt images)

I was just scanning this catalogue to upload it for you guys when i noticed it had already been done.I just hope they come out better than previous attempts at movie licenses.I still have stock of the awful Batman Begins mini statues and busts there quality was terrible.I never even stocked The Dark Knight statues and busts until they were reduced. The 6" figures do look more like pvc statues than toys,if your going to make mini statues fair enough but if your calling them toys give them some articulation.

So the DC Direct 6 inch figures are most likely going to be static figures with limited or no articulation right? (Based on the in progress sculpt images)

Dont count on that too much. DC Direct are not exactly McFarlane or NECA. They do try to mix articulation with sculpt as much as possible. So articulation will be there, but not in the way of Marvel Legends surely

Dont count on that too much. DC Direct are not exactly McFarlane or NECA.

McFarlane or NECA have been giving their figures tons of articulation now.

These are actually more like the figures McFarlane used to make. Think 'The Matrix' line. Pre-posed figures with useless articulation and a base.

That's exactly what they look like. :(

Here's still hoping the do an actual action figure line. :pray:

I think it's fairly obvious that the figures shown in that preview aren't actually sculpted yet. They're clearly just 3D renders at this point, and they also have 'sculpt in progress' stated on them so they're obviously not finalised yet and will no doubt end up with the usual DCD articulation.

Of coarse it's obvious they are 3D renders and not finished figures.

But why make these over posed cg renders instead of just neutral standing sculpts if they'll have the normal articulation? Because they'll be statues.

When have they ever shown off their action figures as pre-posed, with sculpted bases? In the WoW and Starcraft 2 lines.

So don't be surprised when they turn out to be just pvc statues where any articulation is useful only for production purposes.

Batman will have a crappy pose, Bane will look like he's singing and Catwoman will be sneaking around some rubble. Oh look you can turn their heads!

If I'm wrong I'll be damn happy. :)

There's not a snow ball's chance in hell that Hathaway owns an ass like that. Not a chance.

Back