DC Direct: The Dark Knight Rises

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my bane display

20121003235454.jpg

Just got this in:

banevs.jpg

banevs1.jpg

banevs2.jpg

Unfortunately Bane's left wrist is cracked, so I gotta take it back tomorrow and wait for a replacement.

Got my Batman vs. Bane 1:6 scale icon. The statue is rather hefty, more hefty than I anticipated. The paint job is meh close up, but far away it looks good... There was a bit of an issue with Bane inside his vest with some paint missing, but I had some flesh tone acrylic lying around and was able to fix it up without too much problem (Better than the hassle of repacking and reshipping to get a new one, and who knows what kind of QC DC Collectibles has).

20c77e4e43ab11e2ace922000a1f90f6_7.jpg

You can see the missed paint in Bane's chest here... But I fixed it up, so no worries...

7af479a843ab11e2a3eb22000a1fbdaa_7.jpg

The lack of number/edition size is kind of annoying. Even if it's an ES of 10,000 or more, they should be numbered.

The faces are OK. Overall, I'm glad I didn't pay retail for this piece, but I like it because it represents one of my favorite scenes from TDKR, the scene where I pumped my fist and the guy next to me wondered why I was acting like such a fanboy nerd.

As cool as the statue is, I can't help but thinking it would've been better if it was actually Bane cracking Batman's back over his knee; more iconic, anyway.

As cool as the statue is, I can't help but thinking it would've been better if it was actually Bane cracking Batman's back over his knee; more iconic, anyway.

Agreed. Would've made the statue shorter, but less stable (Only on one leg, holding that much weight).

Something along the lines of this pose/moment would've worked. i also saw another kit that had Bane holding Bats over his head that worked well. Don't have a pic of that one. this piece looks nice, but need to see it in person. Doesn't look to have any expression on the face of Bats.

It's a great statue but what kills it for me is the plain expression on Batman's face. Should have a full on grimace/showing pain.

He wasn't feeling pain yet, though. :lol What it should have been was Batman coming into contact with Bane's knee; his eyes squeezed tightly closed as his mouth screams in agony.

Picking up my replacement tomorrow.

I agree with Bill Lehecka that the paint apps are mediocre, especially compared to the 1/6 Icon Bane, which is stellar. However this is such a dynamic piece, I couldn't pass it up.

hmmm, I'm still on the edge of buying catwoman.
The paint apps are mediocre, but sculpting (pose) is great.
The HT version is out of my budget anyhow.

Just got this in:

banevs.jpg

banevs1.jpg

banevs2.jpg

Unfortunately Bane's left wrist is cracked, so I gotta take it back tomorrow and wait for a replacement.

Got this piece for $250 off amazon and it couldve been epic but the poor paint job especially for that price is a joke REALLY BAD paint job but a excellent poise . I returned it a few days later because when you look at a piece like that and the first thing you notice are paint flaws its kinda :gah: Is It just me or is there something just wrong that I hate cold cast statues even with the crap paint jobs?
The good thing was after this disappointment I found DKR Hot toys and at least for the price I got my $$$ worth .

Back