DC Direct Keaton Batman 1989 Product Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited about the Keaton statue. It's not perfect but Burton Batman collectibles are almost nonexistent. Have to take what I can get.

Me too. Burton Batman collectibles geek me out. I'm keeping my Keaton Bat Bust on preorder for sure. Hopefully DC is smart and does a Nicholson Joker to go with it.

With a proper eye paint job this thing would look infinitely better, it's really a shame to make such a nice sculpture only to give it such a rediculous paint job.

The bust is leagues better than the laughable statue.

The face of the statue makes me laugh every time I see it. The eyes are way too big and the front face of the cowl comes down way too far...his face looks deformed. Is this an animated version or something?

Here's the info on the statue.

MICHAEL KEATON AS BATMAN STATUE
SCULPTED BY Joseph Menna

In honor of DC Comics’ 75th anniversary, Michael Keaton’s quintessential portrayal of Batman is presented in statue form.

From Warner Bros.’ ground-breaking, blockbuster 1989 movie BATMAN, Michael Keaton as Batman is poised for action as he stands atop a logo base.

The MICHAEL KEATON AS BATMAN STATUE is hand-painted, cold-cast in porcelain, measures approximately 13.5” high x 11” wide x 7.25” deep and is packaged in a 4-color box.

Limited Edition. Manufactured to order.

Advance-solicited; on sale October 13, 2010 * Statue * $195 US

Up for Preorder at BBTS.com for $159.99.

So now we just wait till Hot Toys makes the figure.

Its to much coincidence that Hot Toys is making a Superman Chris Reeve Figure after Dc Direct made a statue and the we have the Cinemaquette version, i wonder if Hot Toys and Cinemaquette are going to make a Michael Keaton figure? imaging a Hot toys Jack Nicholson!?:naughty

Still all of the DC Direct Statues (Michael Keaton, Chris Reeve, Linda Carter) need more dedication, they look great! but i need more:joy

I'd like Hot Toys to do Keaton Batman, but I'd prefer Nicholson Joke first. I found between the cost of the base figure and the costs of customizing it to be a worthwhile figure, the custom Nicholson that was produced in somewhat mass quantities just wasn't worth the buy, I have a custom Keaton Batman so if I could finally get a good Joker at normal cost that'd be great, then a new Batman is just icing on the cake.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'd like Hot Toys to do Keaton Batman, but I'd prefer Nicholson Joke first. I found between the cost of the base figure and the costs of customizing it to be a worthwhile figure, the custom Nicholson that was produced in somewhat mass quantities just wasn't worth the buy, I have a custom Keaton Batman so if I could finally get a good Joker at normal cost that'd be great, then a new Batman is just icing on the cake.

Don't you be giving HT any ideas, Sean.:nono I've got too much invested in my Jokers. I want a Keaton Bats first.:D

Don't you be giving HT any ideas, Sean.:nono I've got too much invested in my Jokers. I want a Keaton Bats first.:D

Shouldn't your Jokers and Batman's be balanced out, I thought you had like 4 versions of '89 Batman at one point?

I still love my custom Keaton, but, it lacks posable hands, Batarang and his gun, and I'd really like a figure with all that. Those weapons were so prominent in the movie and really stuck with me.

Shouldn't your Jokers and Batman's be balanced out, I thought you had like 4 versions of '89 Batman at one point?

I still love my custom Keaton, but, it lacks posable hands, Batarang and his gun, and I'd really like a figure with all that. Those weapons were so prominent in the movie and really stuck with me.

Yeah, but I like my custom Jokers a lot more than any of my Bats so I can be more patient for that one.

I definitely want the same things you do for a Keaton Bats. Plus I'd like to see them do at least one version of a Keaton Wayne. Preferably a court house steps version.

I wouldn't count on Wayne, I'm still hoping for a Bale Wayne :monkey2 Maybe if we're lucky we might get a Keaton head to show him unmasked.

If we can get Nicholson Joker, Keaton Batman '89 and Returns, Catwoman and Penguin I'd be plenty happy, anything more than that would just be icing. Since the only damage I'm really aware of was on his face and cowl, I'd love if the '89 Batman included a BD portrait, that was always cool to see him so beat up like that. Kind of sad that in all the fighting over the course of 5 other movies, you never again saw him as beat up as the first movie again, the suit became indestructable. Bruising and stuff beneath the surface, but it's not as cool just seeing Bruce out of suit beat up, it's cool seeing that Batman can really have his ass handed to him and keep going.

If HT could add Bob and a mime Joker to that 89 lineup I would be thrilled. Your choices are definitely more realistic though.

Hell, for that amount you could probably get the real Robert Wuhl to come to your house and re-enact scenes from the movie.

hahahah, true that!!!

89 keaton batman FTW!!!

92 pfeiffer catwoman please!

and if ever there would be a devito penguin, he should come with at LEAST, 3 penguin commandos :D

Well, I placed an order for the Keaton bust.. The statue looks silly in my opinion so no deal on that one.

Back