DC Direct Keaton Batman 1989 Product Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
41xG-2OMbZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon has their pre-order up for Bats. https://amzn.to/cmzOm3

Looks really bug-eyed. :gah: Might be something a repaint can fix though.

I canceled my order for the Keaton statue but kept my order for the minibust. I'm determined to give this collectible a shot since Keaton Batman rules.

Does anyone here have in hand shots of the minibust? It seems to have hit. They're on ebay and online stores have them. I want to see what it's like before I buy it though.

Anybody?

Last edited:
Does anyone here have in hand shots of the minibust? It seems to have it. They're on ebay and online stores have them. I want to see what it's like before I buy it though.

Anybody?

It doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere. Mine is still on preorder. DC is just a little late at getting these out.

I wasn't too excited to learn of Keaton being cast as Batman but after the film's release: he won me over. Not too long after Batman Returns hit the screen I saw an interview where he mocked the Batman character and said he felt "foolish" having to act in this ridiculous costume. From that moment on, I lost interest in Keaton (and so did Hollywood). Therefore I will gladly pass on this terribly sculpted piece of cr*p.

O.T. Worst Batman EVER? George Clooney.

My father met Michael Keaton one time in Pittsburgh when he was doing some interviews (I think it might have been a Steeler or Pirates thing). I was a little kid at the time and wasn't present but my dad asked Keaton if he'd sign a baseball for me and he did. He also recorded him saying "Hi, *my name*, I'm Batman" or something like that (the tape is long gone).

When he came back with these things, I thought it was really cool, "YOU met BATMAN, dad?".

With that said, he's not some kind of idol of mine or anything like that. I don't think he's THE Batman. It would be nice to have an autographed Kenner Batman figure (other than a baseball and in person) and maybe a little bit more '89 and Returns memorabilia (Hot Toys 1/6 figure, Mattel, etc.) though.

I want to see this bust in person before I buy it. My local comic store owner had the Superman (statue and bust) and Wonder Woman (statue only) but when I asked about the Keaton Batman stuff he said it got pushed back to the end of the month (bust) and January (statue).

Last edited:
I wasn't too excited to learn of Keaton being cast as Batman but after the film's release: he won me over. Not too long after Batman Returns hit the screen I saw an interview where he mocked the Batman character and said he felt "foolish" having to act in this ridiculous costume. From that moment on, I lost interest in Keaton (and so did Hollywood). Therefore I will gladly pass on this terribly sculpted piece of cr*p.

I was thinking BATTHUMB was the worst Batman ever. But yeah, youre right, Batthumb was a better actor than Clooney was. :lol

I hate it when actors pull the i'm too good for the role I played and accepted money for crap.

I can't stand harrison ford for the same crap.

and yes, Clooney really really sucked as Bats!

Last edited:
Me too. I want to see in hand pics before I consider buying it. It generally looks pretty good except for the face sculpt (under the mask) which seems a bit soft.

Well, it's an easy pass. The face sculpt is butt ugly. It looks like Jay Leno under the cowl with that gigantic chin. Too bad. I'm guessing it will be a year before we see the HT version for sale.

500x_custom_1266290174421_mk.jpg

Man that is butt ugly...Thank goodness the comics and movies sell, or else DC would be run out of business for releasing crap like that.

Wow, I'm so glad I passed on that. That is terrible. I was thinking about getting the mini-bust, but now I'm going to pass on that too. DC Direct just dropped the ball with this one, IMO. I'm just glad to know we have a HT version coming soon. Too bad though, I'm always up for '89 stuff, but those look worse than the stuff that actually did come out in 1989.

Wow, this just made me lost all respect for Keaton.
I am wondering if you would link me the video im curios to see this now

Wow, this just made me lost all respect for Keaton.
I am wondering if you would link me the video im curios to see this now

Jed bro, if you have the Batman Anthology DVD Set, he says it in the special features on the Returns disc, if I'm not mistaken. But from my understanding after watching it, he was just being sarcastic and joking. As most should know about Keaton, he's more of a comical actor than a serious drama actor. From the way he said it, it sounded jokingly sarcastic. If I remember correctly, one of the few things he didn't like was just the fact that he couldn't turn his head which was frustrating. but I'm no Bat expert and it's been a few months since I've watched those special features

someone else can confirm it as fact or fiction

Jed bro, if you have the Batman Anthology DVD Set, he says it in the special features on the Returns disc, if I'm not mistaken. But from my understanding after watching it, he was just being sarcastic and joking. As most should know about Keaton, he's more of a comical actor than a serious drama actor. From the way he said it, it sounded jokingly sarcastic. If I remember correctly, one of the few things he didn't like was just the fact that he couldn't turn his head which was frustrating. but I'm no Bat expert and it's been a few months since I've watched those special features

someone else can confirm it as fact or fiction

You're right it is on the Returns disc and he does say it jokingly. Even if he wasn't though truthfully who wouldn't feel ridiculous wearing any of those first 4 batman suits?

Back