DC Direct Keaton Batman 1989 Product Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DCD Michael Keaton Batman bust

Sorry, but I think this bust is enough of a glimmer anyway, I think the Batmobile is the wrong glimmer, cars are easy as there's no likenesses to worry about and there's a car market where people just like cars and might like a Batmobile. This bust really speaks to being a real fan of the movie as a whole and I think shows that WB and DC are waking up to the fandom that exists for the original film.

If things went the way I'd like, and Hot Toys makes figures, I'd take '89 Batman and Joker, and Returns Batman, Penguin and Catwoman.

I think its a good sign that we are seeing product for a movie that is now over 20 years old. This is not a purchase for me, but if we get into some 1/6 goodness I'll be ready with $$$

Hopefully, Hot Toys will have a light bulb go off with Batman like Terminator. When you've bled a movie to death, but there are more in the franchise, move onto those other films and sell from them. I'd love to see Hot Toys hit up '89 Batman, Returns and flesh out Begins with a few more characters.

How easy would it be for HT to do a Penguin figure given the unusual body shape?

Pfeiffer Catwoman, I would love.

oh yeah. my jaw literally dropped when i saw this today. it's nice to finally get Keaton some love. and as i was saying to a friend the other day, people would definitely snatch up an HT version of Catwoman, probably Returns' Penguin, and even Batman from Forever! oppps, hold the last one. Just Batman from '89 and '92 should be enough.

though the bust prototype has a few issues, it's still very good.. definitely a pick up for me.

If you want a glimmer of hope ask this. Why now? (Besides money) After 21 long years (for Burton Bat-fans). DC is kicking off a lot of retro merchandise. Reeves Superman, Carter Wonder Woman, and now Keaton Batman. To me the fact we are getting a new line of collectibles from Toynami is a pretty big potential glimmer of hope towards a Hot Toys Keaton. To me and many of you it continues to be a no brainer. A Keaton Batman and a Reeves Superman would sell like a DX Ledger Joker guaranteed.

For now, I preordered the Keaton Batman bust. It's sweet looking so far, and I'm a sucker for the Keaton Bat movies. Hopefully DC does a Nicholson Joker bust as a companion.

If Hot Toys does Keaton Batman next (either film version) then I'm on board for that too.

I think its a good sign that we are seeing product for a movie that is now over 20 years old. This is not a purchase for me, but if we get into some 1/6 goodness I'll be ready with $$$

I agree, but DCD makes a lot of crap pieces, they really need to share their license if they want to bring in the major bucks. A CM Keaton Batman or Hot Toys one would be awesome.

DCD was the first to start releasing Christopher Reeve items... so hopeful this will follow a similar pattern.

After that I'd really love to see them go even further back with a West Batman and George Reeves Superman :rock

I'd love a George Reeves Superman.

Not much of a sign though, 1989 Batmobile from Hot Wheels has been around for a few years now. I'm glad to have mine, they're pricey on ebay and even BBTS isn't cheap.

Which one? isn't there several? The latest one is nasty. Gun metal grey, gold wheel rims, gold turbine and side parts with gold after burner?

I think the Batmobile is the wrong glimmer, cars are easy as there's no likenesses to worry about and there's a car market where people just like cars and might like a Batmobile.

Sadly Hot Wheels/Mattel are as bad as DCD making things inaccurate. Painting things the wrong colour and sometimes missing out details.

This is the one I have, it's the same as one that came in a purple packaging.

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Wheels-B...=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1264139485&sr=8-46

Here's the other box style, guess it's white rays but the mix with the blues looks purplish to me.

https://cgi.ebay.com/HotWheels-1-18...t_Vehicles?hash=item33594f933b#ht_1330wt_1167

It's quite accurrate in colors, not sure about all the tiny details, but looks great, I have that and Tumbler in the same scale.

Wow that looks ugly!
The Reeves Superman design has been able to stand the test of time but that 89 Batman just looks weird now. The head/face looks awkward. Looks like he would have trouble walking let alone running and fighting.

Is it just me or does the chin area look photoshopped in ?
Wouldn't be the first time DCD have done that. Something about it just doesn't seem to fit right.

m.keaton.bm_02.jpg

121d7hd.jpg

I AM THE NIGHT

I'd buy a hot toys Keaton bats but like GB I doubt I'd buy another Jack with my custom. Maybe a few parts from it to upgrade a few bits but I love Fengs sculpt and would be amazed if hot toys topped it. FMLes's sculpt too.

I'm sure I read once that Nicholson doesn't give out his likeness rights too.

Back