DC Direct Keaton Batman 1989 Product Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DCD Michael Keaton Batman bust

m.keaton.bm_02.jpg

MICHAEL KEATON AS BATMAN BUST
SCULPTED BY JOSEPH MENNA

In honor of DC Comics' 75th anniversary, Michael Keaton's quintessential portrayal of Batman is presented in bust form.From Warner Bros.' ground-breaking, blockbuster 1989 movie BATMAN, Michael Keaton as Batman is poised for action as he prepares to throw his trademark Batarang. With a gothic-inspired base, the design is reminiscent of the architectural vision of designer Anton Furst's Academy Award-winning Gotham City.The MICHAEL KEATON AS BATMAN BUST is hand-painted, cold-cast in porcelain, measures approximately 5.75" high x 5.5" wide x 4.5" deep and is packaged in a 4-color box.Limited Edition. Manufactured to order.Advance-solicited;

on sale September 15, 2010 * Bust * $80 US

Poor bastard, you just know he is going to miss when he throws that batarang.

See, i kind of like the pose and costume but, the face/eyes look brucked up yo.I just hope Hot Toys make this guy in both suits.

Last edited:

looks awsome, but i really just hope this makes a HT or any company to make a highly detailed keaton batman. thats what im aiming for.

Since it's sure to catch attention and rather than clutter up the DC section with umpteen Batman '89 threads, this will just be the official thread for all DCD Batman '89 products, including this statue unveiled at Toy Fair.

IMG_7619.JPG

IMG_7620.JPG

IMG_7621.JPG

And a new shot of the bust.

IMG_7625.JPG

Sculpts look good, but man, the eyes look to be painted WAY too big.

Yeah, those are some crazy eyes :lol

Great looking statue overall though... C'mon HT; get crackin' on '89 Batman :rock :rock

I'm hoping it's a matter of time, I thought the bust was good news, I'm really surprised to see a statue already announced.

I don't know how much support there'd be for it, but I'd love to see HT round live action DC characters DCD's making with a figure of Linda Carter Wonder Woman, assuming of course they make Keaton Batman stuff. They might not dive too deep into the old Batman's until doing a figure or two to see how it goes, but surely with the success of the Nolan Batman figures, Hot Toys would be interested in making money off the other films and it seems like there's no likeness issues with Keaton, they can even identify the statue by his name.

The good news is, I think a simple eye repaint and maybe a mouth repaint just for a bit more life, and this could look really stellar, the pose looks good, I like the shape and flow they went with on the cape. I was considering getting the bust out of lack of Keaton Batman product out there, but the statue captures him better overall I think.

The good news is, I think a simple eye repaint and maybe a mouth repaint just for a bit more life, and this could look really stellar, the pose looks good, I like the shape and flow they went with on the cape. I was considering getting the bust out of lack of Keaton Batman product out there, but the statue captures him better overall I think.

I agree this statue is better than the bust and it looks great except for the face again. I really like the Reeves Superman too but I still have to have it repainted because it's face looks off which is odd because they did a really good job on the Alex Ross Dark Knight statue why not these? Very cool! Love the cape texture and flow. Cool base. Between these DCD Keatons and Toynami I'm getting pretty damned excited. C'mon Hot Toys! Say it! Say it!!!!

Toynami is doing a Batman Returns Cowl, Batman Returns Spear, A Huge Studio Scale 89 Batmobile and Batplane. They were at their booth at last years comic-con.....

Toynami is doing a Batman Returns Cowl, Batman Returns Spear, A Huge Studio Scale 89 Batmobile and Batplane. They were at their booth at last years comic-con.....

Just looked that up, the vehicles look great, the cowl looks great but way overpriced for just a cowl, it's almost same price as a full 1:1 bust but it has no eyes or face.

Definitely would strongly consider getting the Batmobile, the '89 Batmobile is one of my most favorite car designs, love my Hot Wheels 1:18 version.

I'd sat 99.9% chance we will see an HT keaton soon.

I agree, I think 2 products from DCD for it is a good sign, that and calling it Keaton Batman by name, which would indicate no issues with likeness or name to release products, so what's to hold Hot Toys back, and doing Burton Batman figures would be a good way to keep people in Batman figure buying mode between TDK and the next Nolan Batman. I wouldn't be surprised if they wait for a big official announcement about a 3rd Nolan Batman and then have a newsletter follow saying something like, did you hear about the next Batman, well to celebrate it we'll be making old Batmans, although I think at most they'll do Batman '89, Returns and Begins, I think they'll probably treat Schumacher's films like Terminator 3.

Back