DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

If they want to release those figures in a 5 pack, at least should offer a more simple package so the price is not too high like the previous release.

If they want to release those figures in a 5 pack, at least should offer a more simple package so the price is not too high like the previous release.
I’d be fine with that or just single releases. There’s no reason there shouldn’t be big characters like Freeze, Bane, and Ivy. Croc is a favorite from the show too. Sucks to only have the versions from The New Batman Adventures available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the GCPD set nearby me for £100. Pretty decent. Was really surprised to come across it. There are still some sets out there in the wild, keep an eye out.

I got the GCPD set nearby me for £100. Pretty decent. Was really surprised to come across it. There are still some sets out there in the wild, keep an eye out.

Where did you get it from?

Also folks in UK if you see somewhere Batman Animated Busts by Diamond of Scarecrow or Mr. Freeze in a decent price, can you plz let me know? I missed out on those two. Thanks!

Where did you get it from?

Also folks in UK if you see somewhere Batman Animated Busts by Diamond of Scarecrow or Mr. Freeze in a decent price, can you plz let me know? I missed out on those two. Thanks!

Won't say the store name but its an independent in Northern Ireland. They had it reduced from £150. Said it had been in the store for a year, they couldn't get rid of it. I don't think they realized what the online prices are like lol.

I've always loved the look of these figures, and thanks to my recent re-watch of the series I've finally caved and begun collecting (just the BTAS figures). Seems like a good time to do so too, with the figures on such heavy discount - I'm planning on raiding the Southampton and London Forbidden Planets for the sale-price figures I saw a short while ago...

Can the Batwing be disassembled in any way? I don't have any space to display it and won't be able to store it at its full size, but I've seen some great deals on it and it would be excellent as a companion piece.

I'm going to start collecting them too, I have Batman, Robin and Catwoman, always loved the look of Gordon and Bullock, and they're finally making Two Face and Scarecrow! I must watch Beware the Grey Ghost again. Such nostalgia in that episode!

Can the Batwing be disassembled in any way?

Yes, the wings come separate from the main body in the box.

On an unrelated note, I completed a couple more customs recently: BB ROTJ Joker and one of the Penguin's henchgirls.
1a23ff87138cfe4065af6b889e2922e5.jpg
91372a435e177c4d8dad4f47c75789e4.jpg
9e8c584d7315cc16fe8d438532683524.jpg

Fantastic customs CaptSpock! That Penguin henchgirl came out particularly nice!! Awesome stuff.

On an unrelated note, I completed a couple more customs recently: BB ROTJ Joker and one of the Penguin's henchgirls.

Fantastic customs CaptSpock! It's been great seeing so many customs for this line! What base figure did you use for Joker's body? Did you do a lot of sculpting work on the Joker figure or use parts from another figure?

I made another "little" custom :D BTAS - Baby Doll ^_^

Ah and something I usually forget to do - progress photos :D

Your Baby-Doll custom is really impressive, I love how clean the paint job on her facial features looks! Thank you for posting the recipe also!

@sfa - Thank you!! I'm really pleased with her too!

Fantastic customs CaptSpock! It's been great seeing so many customs for this line! What base figure did you use for Joker's body? Did you do a lot of sculpting work on the Joker figure or use parts from another figure?

Thanks!
Sorry, I didn't know if my usual recipe posts were overkill so I left it out this time.
Joker is Firefly's torso sanded down, G&M Superman's arms on TNBA Scarecrow's legs and using Scarecrow's hands. The only sculpting I really had to do was his hair.
The henchgirl is Lois' head, TAS Riddler's hat, TNBA Poison Ivy's torso and arms, and Zatanna's legs. I sculpted her hair and cleverly reused Ivy's armband/top of gloves for her cuffs. :)

Awesome stuff buddy! I can't wait to see more! :)

Your Baby-Doll custom is really impressive, I love how clean the paint job on her facial features looks! Thank you for posting the recipe also!

Thanks a lot buddy! :D

Ooooh sick customs!! That Batman Beyond Joker especially!

Awesome stuff buddy! I can't wait to see more! :)
Thank you! :)

Here's another- Mercy Graves was made from a Lois Lane head on a Roxy Rocket body and a bunch of sculpey. Lex isn't next, but he's definitely on my list!
ce7ec6dd33af856917ccaa48125cb702.jpg

Thank you! :)

Here's another- Mercy Graves was made from a Lois Lane head on a Roxy Rocket body and a bunch of sculpey. Lex isn't next, but he's definitely on my list!
ce7ec6dd33af856917ccaa48125cb702.jpg

Another great use of parts!

Just missing the Batman Beyond set now. These figures are addictive once you start. They look amazing grouped together.

I made one more custom figure and this is kind of a collaboration project so I want to give credit to @CaptSpock for idea of what limbs to use and @sfa for providing parts! Thank you guys :)

I present you Red Claw :D

Aww, thanks! [emoji4] She's another masterpiece to be inspired by. 🤤

Back