DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

OK I have about 12hrs left to buy the Batmobile and Signal set at a great price. Can anyone convince me to get it or not :)

Don't really have the shelf space right now but could sort that out later. Bat signal would go well with my figures so that item is a no brainer. Is the car worth it as a display piece?

OK I have about 12hrs left to buy the Batmobile and Signal set at a great price. Can anyone convince me to get it or not :)

Don't really have the shelf space right now but could sort that out later. Bat signal would go well with my figures so that item is a no brainer. Is the car worth it as a display piece?

You have to buy it. In the future you'll find a way to display batmobile if you dont have space now ! Batmobile deluxe version is beautiful and big... a must have for this collection

The Batmobile displays beautifully. You can put the figures that come with the set inside it too. Then, whenever you feel like it, or when company comes over, you can turn on the lights. Even with the door closed, the little blue light inside causes the seating area to glow blue. Open the sliding door to reveal Batman & Robin inside, illuminated by the blue dash light, and you have a winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asking for advice!

I can buy one thing either the Batwing or the Batcave, what would be the better choice? I clearly want them both in due time.
But I'm affraid either one will be more expensive down the line (for example the GCPD set)

I don't know that either will spike in price, but I'd go for the batcave simply because Alfred!

Asking for advice!

I can buy one thing either the Batwing or the Batcave, what would be the better choice? I clearly want them both in due time.
But I'm affraid either one will be more expensive down the line (for example the GCPD set)

Yeah, Alfred's great, but the Batwing displays better. I wouldn't part with either, though, so it's a tough decision.

Has anyone made an wall shelf to display the batwing. I'm guessing it would need 15- 20 inch brackets?

Asking for advice!

I own the Batwing, but not the Batcave. Like you, I ultimately want both. Something about owning the Batwing feels pretty special. I’ve been collecting this set since the first wave. So I purchased Batwing first. Maybe see which one you can get the best deal on first.

Between the Batwing and the Batcave it comes down to display space. The Batwing is obviously significantly bigger, but if you have room for it, I'd likely get that first.
That said, I don't have the Batcave and I'm not sure I will unless I find it for a ridiculous price, I lean towards the vehicles

I would have been more inclined to get the Batcave if it fit in a detolf (not sure if it does but pretty sure it's bigger)

Thanks for the advice guys!
I went for the Batwing, I could get it for 110 EURO's (around 135 usd) whereas it normally retails around here for 175 Euro's or higher.
So the choice was easily made afterall.
Hope I'll find the Batcave with a nice discount sometime aswell.

Thanks for the advice guys!
I went for the Batwing, I could get it for 110 EURO's (around 135 usd) whereas it normally retails around here for 175 Euro's or higher.
So the choice was easily made afterall.
Hope I'll find the Batcave with a nice discount sometime aswell.

Good deal.

I got my Batwing on Amazon. Box was damaged but Plane was in tip top shape.

It has been a while since I bought anything from this line but that has changed this week!

I caved and bought the deluxe Batmobile/Signal set on Monday that I posted about earlier, just as the sale was ending. It was $173 ($134 USD) with free shipping so think it was too good to pass up as no one in Australia sells it below $200. Now to find room for it.

Today I also got these, with the Superman set being half price. All paint apps on the Joker heads looks to be good too thankfully.

20180418_121708.jpg

I was recently able to order at reasonable prices the last two pieces of the puzzle for my collection of these figures- Man-bat and Two-Face! Man-bat is waiting for me at home, and Two-Face will be here in a couple of days.

I have already purchased Montoya and Zatanna but haven't opened them yet, as my shelf is already quite full and they are the two least-necessary figures in this line for me. Does anyone have any opinions on those two?

So much for removable stickers.

Finally got around to trying them out - decided to move one of them about 10 mins later as it was a bit crooked. It wouldn't come off and when it did it left the sticky layer and half the printing behind. Annoyingly it was one of "Searching Criminals..." type ones in the Animated writing. I should have scanned them all first and just used paper versions of them.

Sigh.

I have already purchased Montoya and Zatanna but haven't opened them yet, as my shelf is already quite full and they are the two least-necessary figures in this line for me. Does anyone have any opinions on those two?

I think you're really underestimating Zatanna. In my opinion, she's one of the best figures in this line! I don't buy all of them, just those of characters I like most or ones that have much better sculpts than their old Kenner versions. Zatanna is one of the nicest-looking figures in the line, with one of the most accurate-to-the-show sculpts. The only very minor flaws are that her wand doesn't look quite right (it should have a white tip) and her autographed picture should say 'Zanna' instead of 'Zatanna'. The figure's face, body, and outfit are perfect (although I agree with some who have said it would be nice if you could remove her hat).

I think you're really underestimating Zatanna. In my opinion, she's one of the best figures in this line! I don't buy all of them, just those of characters I like most or ones that have much better sculpts than their old Kenner versions. Zatanna is one of the nicest-looking figures in the line, with one of the most accurate-to-the-show sculpts. The only very minor flaws are that her wand doesn't look quite right (it should have a white tip) and her autographed picture should say 'Zanna' instead of 'Zatanna'. The figure's face, body, and outfit are perfect (although I agree with some who have said it would be nice if you could remove her hat).

Zatanna's poorly executed cane killed the figure for me. Wasn't pointed, painted or the right length.

So I made a custom and it totally saved her for me!

Thanks for your thoughts! My Two-Face and Man-bat are in place and looking good, but I'm still deciding if I'm going to make room for Montoya and Zatanna... I do agree that Zatanna looks great, I just don't have a strong memory/connection to that character like most of the other characters in the show that are a part of this line.

Back