DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Edit: Here’s a new mock-up I created and posted on Instagram, though after that interview I feel perhaps these might be redundant now (hopefully).

View attachment 395003

Yes! I'm loving sfa's UK Toy Fair! ;) Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That interview is something really good to hear! He also say they're pretty active on Instagram and FB pages, so.. people, let's continue this way. SFA started some really good and positive "mess" with his awesome artworks xDDD Now let's just turn it into a "chaos" impossible to ignore for DCC folks! Everybody keep comment, tags and share everywhere! xD We're gonna get the end that this line deserve one way or another :exactly:

The guy basically said they WILL get to BTAS Two-Face and Scarecrow. That's the best news I've had all week!!! :yess:

The cheapest was Batman's at $44.95. Joke and Harley Quinn came out to $54.95.

I was referring to DCC's suggested price, not what retailers were selling them for. I can get Batman for less than $40 on Amazon. My point was that if people are willing to pay an individual $50 for a custom action figure, they shouldn't have trouble pre-ordering a $50 Expressions pack that includes props and alternate portraits.

Good **** on Boog for being so direct and pressing for a bit more than your typical half-assed answers. He covered a lot of ground other people seemed to side step around. Best "in depth" answer we've heard from DCC thus far

The Art Director at DCC (Brian Walters) kind of said that the line will continue after the Expressions packs. This interviewer was much more direct and this might be the most concrete answer we get. Animated coverage is right at the beginning.

https://youtu.be/vCwi0gWwTTE

And I meant to post that bit of news from the fwoosh link on here but I got my threads mixed up on Tapatalk.

It ain’t over, ‘til it’s over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously there's at least one Justice League figure they don't want to talk about yet.

My big concern is that, in order to move forward with Justice League and still offer them as single figures, they may have to move the scale up to 1:11 (6.75").

They may have already started. Did anyone else notice how the Superman figure is a little taller than he should be? I know DCD/DCC has struggled with scale since forever but this might be intentional.

And while JLU is technically a different line, I want my Timmiverse in the same scale.

I doubt that was intentional. The Superman figure is a little under 6 1/2" tall, which is still in the six-inch scale range. I would just chock him being taller than either Batman figure up to the scale issues they've been having the whole time. Livewire shouldn't be shorter than Harley Quinn, especially that first Harley figure which kind of looks like a teenager compared to some of the other figures in the line, but that's exactly how they made that figure, and I highly doubt they were experimenting with something like a five-inch scale line there.

Actually, I think Superman is supposed to be taller than Batman. At least it has definitely been said in the past. I believe in the old DC Comics series “Who’s Who”, Batman was said to be 6’2” while Superman was described as 6’4”. Not sure if this was transferred to the Animated Universe but I think the size difference was addressed in that STAS episode “Knight Time” where Superman went to Gotham, worked with Tim, and disguised himself as Batman when he was MAI. One of Commissioner Gordon’s officers asks him after a meeting with the disguised Superman, “Does he look bigger to you?”

*EDIT*
I guess it was 6’3” not 6’4” for Superman

https://goo.gl/images/huCAmy

Batman was 6’2” though

https://goo.gl/images/BvHw3B

Still slightly taller in that particular comic universe.

Actually, I think Superman is supposed to be taller than Batman. At least it has definitely been said in the past. I believe in the old DC Comics series “Who’s Who”, Batman was said to be 6’2” while Superman was described as 6’4”. Not sure if this was transferred to the Animated Universe but I think the size difference was addressed in that STAS episode “Knight Time” where Superman went to Gotham, worked with Tim, and disguised himself as Batman when he was MAI. One of Commissioner Gordon’s officers asks him after a meeting with the disguised Superman, “Does he look bigger to you?”

No, you're right. Superman should be a little taller. The discrepancy between the STAS Supes and TNBA Bats figure's heights is a bit too much, though (although the Superman figure's height is still not particularly close to DCC's "regular scale").
Animated-Superman-37.jpg

... and the very figure Superman was packed with (Lois) doesn’t seem to reflect a larger scale. She’s definitely not larger than BTAS Talia.

That was definitely the most encouraging interview I’ve seen so far!! It’s great that he mentioned a couple of specific character names too.

Perhaps there is still hope for the line after-all. We just have to hope that by the time they eventually get new product out, the enthusiasm for the line is still there or they’re liable to cancel everything.

Thank you Blebble! :D

Edit: Here’s a new mock-up I created and posted on Instagram, though after that interview I feel perhaps these might be redundant now (hopefully).

View attachment 395003

“You must spread some reputation around before giving it to SFA again.”

Another more positive comment from Jim here- "There may be some surprises later, so stay tuned if you're a Batman Animated fan."
https://youtu.be/STbhE5RyuGU

I must say, I'm feeling much more hopeful after today.

Obviously there's at least one Justice League figure they don't want to talk about yet.

My big concern is that, in order to move forward with Justice League and still offer them as single figures, they may have to move the scale up to 1:11 (6.75").

They may have already started. Did anyone else notice how the Superman figure is a little taller than he should be? I know DCD/DCC has struggled with scale since forever but this might be intentional.

And while JLU is technically a different line, I want my Timmiverse in the same scale.

I feel you. Changing the scale would completely ruin what they've already done. To be honest, I'd rather have no JL figures than have them in a different scale

I feel you. Changing the scale would completely ruin what they've already done. To be honest, I'd rather have no JL figures than have them in a different scale

That is silly. There was NO crossover between the original btas designs and the JL designs so a difference in scale of half an inch is nothing

That is silly. There was NO crossover between the original btas designs and the JL designs so a difference in scale of half an inch is nothing

True. There was the Batman Beyond one though. It's just an ocd thing. Would be cool to have all the Timmverse figs the same scale. I def prefer 6 inch for these types of designs

I second this! Please please do this!!! I feel that these two characters totally deserve a fighting chance!

I definitely intend to do more, and especially these two characters, though my free time is taken up for the next week or so, so it'll be a while before I get around to doing them. But I fully intend to. Plus more! :D

Another more positive comment from Jim here- "There may be some surprises later, so stay tuned if you're a Batman Animated fan."
https://youtu.be/STbhE5RyuGU

I must say, I'm feeling much more hopeful after today.

Same here. I'm feeling much more hopeful after the three most recent interviews I've seen.

I can't help but wonder if they've had so much negative reaction online and at the show for not having any new reveals, that they felt they needed to address it as best they could in these recent interviews.

I just don't get what policy they're in... I mean, if they have nothing ready yet why not to tell at least: "hey, we have stuff, don't worry and stay tuned for the future, this line is not over". These companies always get fans to the "limit" in the most "difficult" time in an action figure line.. I hate that. -.-
Whatever, it seems they really gonna continue this :) I just wonder WHEN we're gonna see something. Whats the next toys event??? I'm not an expert so I'm searching for specific date xDDD Anyone know?

Back