DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Anyone have any pics of custom 2face and Scarecrow? I do some casting and if we can get ahold of some quality sculpts, I’m all for doing the work to round this thing out. I certainly expect to get flailing impotent incomplete DC lines from Mattel, but looks like DCC has gone back to their old ways.

Here are the photos of my custom Two Face just for a reference. I haven't done Scarecrow yet...

bb code image

Love it zelu! Only thing i would want different is an angrier look on Harvey’s face. His smiling face make him look too nice lol

Hi guys. First time poster, but I've been lurking for ages to get news and updates bwah.

I'm ALL IN for trying to find a way to expand/complete this line. I don't feel there's any reason we need to accept that we'll never get any more of the figures we love, as the technology exists to the point where we can get them made - some way, somehow. I'm sure of it! :)

As for crowdfunding, I've been thinking of exactly that - but not in terms of physical sculpting, rather 3D sculpting and printing. If everybody that wanted in chipped in equal amounts to get something 3D rendered, it would cost next-to-nothing at all (plus everyone would share ownership of the licenses) . . . the main cost then coming from everybody going off on their own to get the thing 3D printed etc. Heck, we could even produce them and sell them on to other fans for that sweet profit *sniff sniff* :p lol

I'm not exactly sure of the specifics, but I am sure that we could absolutely keep the line alive and create anything we want. All we need is to put our heads together. I'm sure if DCC got wind of some big fan project, they'd quickly just scurry to announce "WE'RE RELEASING THOSE FIGURES!" anyway hahaha. So maybe even announcing such a joint fan initiative would do some good, even if it never comes to pass.

I totally agree with you, 3d sculpt and print is the best way nowdays xD
We should commission this guy, check this Harley... O_O omg.. https://fav.me/d6idcbr

I just posted this on my Instagram account in the hopes of getting lots of likes/shares and getting DCC’s attention.

C1427061-A757-49EF-9B41-2BE535301DC4.jpg

I made the image myself intentionally to look like their product. I don’t think it’s too late to get their attention right now and let them know how much we want these characters. With enough persistence and attention from fans there’s still a chance we could get these characters released. We already know the sculpts exist, it’s just a case of showing DCC the demand for them.

I just posted this on my Instagram account in the hopes of getting lots of likes/shares and getting DCC’s attention.

View attachment 394814

I made the image myself intentionally to look like their product. I don’t think it’s too late to get their attention right now and let them know how much we want these characters. With enough persistence and attention from fans there’s still a chance we could get these characters released. We already know the sculpts exist, it’s just a case of showing DCC the demand for them.

Instant buy from me! Can you make one for Poison Ivy, Robin and Cats? ;)

Sfa, that is beautiful work and the attention to detail is awesome! Man, those would be perfect. I don't see how the Two-Face set wouldn't be profitable with all of the re-use available between them. Thank you for posting it and making up for Toy Fair. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

View attachment 394814

Have you tweeted it to them as well? If so can you link it so I can RT? If not, mind if I tweet it to them? Amazing work man. Would cop these easily

Please go ahead and tweet away Phantasm :) the more who share the more chance DCC see it. I’ll be tweeting it myself too shortly.

Instant buy from me! Can you make one for Poison Ivy, Robin and Cats? ;)

I’ll see what I can come up with! :D :D

Sfa, that is beautiful work and the attention to detail is awesome! Man, those would be perfect. I don't see how the Two-Face set wouldn't be profitable with all of the re-use available between them. Thank you for posting it and making up for Toy Fair. [emoji14]

Thank you!! I tried my best to get them looking authentic. Just trying to help make these happen in the only way I know how really.

I’ll see what I can come up with! :D :D

Thank you!! I tried my best to get them looking authentic. Just trying to help make these happen in the only way I know how really.

Perfect job mate. Can you also make a fixing/accessories pack with penguin good head (glasses and cigarette), zatanna with no hat, batman MOTP cape, batman wrapped cape, joker cards, a good talia and batgirl head. You could also include a figure to make it more sellable.

View attachment 394814

That's perfect!!!!! :clap

I hate to admit it, but i'd pay $100 or each, just to finish my collection... sigh...

View attachment 394814

Nice! Can you make a mock up of a JL 7-pack, too?

Aha, thank you. I knew there was something behind how confidently you spoke about Mattel having the license. I hope they can somewhat blend in with DCC's if they manage to fill some holes for us.

Just to be super clear, yes, Mattel has the license. That doesn't mean they intend to do anything with it. I'm just pointing out that, as master toy licensee, they get the right of first refusal and essentially have to sub-license to any other manufacturer that wants to tread on their turf. I'm pretty sure this is how Funko gets to make Batman '66 action figures and why they're $10 each; Mattel gets a cut of the profit.

I would be down for a group casting. If we are taking names and putting pen to paper. Count me in. I am good up to around $50 a figure.

Which is exactly what DCC's MSRP is for the Expression packs.

View attachment 394814

Damn I got fooled for a second. I really thought that was a real product. I would instantly buy both those if they released them just like that.

Looks like from the Toyfair footage I’ve been seeing, DC is focusing more on the revamp of gimmicky lower priced Batman figure lines like the old Kenner concepts.

So I think this is probably the end or at least the foreshadowing end of this BTAS franchise figure line

We need to tweet the picture, and ask when the release date is. Make no mention that it is fan made and just create a stir on social media that they can’t ignore. The more people that are confused by the images the better, because they will continue to ask about them as well.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Back