DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

They might be able to tempt me with a good Joker statue, simply because I love that design, but that would probably be it, and I would have gone really deep on S:TAS and BB figure lines. I also would have bought that TNBA scarecrow if it weren't so bad. Would have bought Ra's in a suit, too, considering the phenomenal sculpt and paint on that one figure, I don't even really like Ra's al Ghul.

So do we know for sure that this is the end of the line or are people just speculating? ToyFair is just around the corner, I'm sure we'll know for certain then.

I think they at least will make Two Face and Scarecrow for BTAS and Penguin for TNBA and then wrap it up. These seem to be the final 3 figures needed to have as minimal a complete collection as possible.

I think they at least will make Two Face and Scarecrow for BTAS and Penguin for TNBA and then wrap it up. These seem to be the final 3 figures needed to have as minimal a complete collection as possible.

I hope and pray you're right...

They do seem to like to release things in fours or fives (if it is a multipack). I think we can all agree on those three but beyond them it gets very personal who could be made next. Grey Ghost? Bruce Wayne? Clock King? Maxie Zeus? Lots of single episode villains to choose from.

Truth is, if we don’t see something at toy fair the line is dead. Cancelling the Jokermobile is very concerning, but the fact they even solicited it at this stage is hopeful. You don’t typically release vehicles as the end of a line. Hopefully they just had some setbacks because of the Justice League Movie demanding their attention or something and will be in full force at toy fair!

The joker mobile felt like a strange pick especially if the line was on its last legs. A 2 pack bat cycle set with a new helmeted batman and robin would make the most sense. Even a batboat from BTAS or the TNBA batmobile would sell more than the joker mobile. I was really hoping they would extend to the other animated universes while adding in some of the lesser known BTAS figures in those lines.

I seriously hope ToyFair show's us we've got nothing to worry about but I'm bracing myself for disappointment.
Kinda makes me wonder if fan protests ever work...Nothing sinister, just maybe inundating DCC with nice email/letters letting them know how much the line is enjoyed and how we hope it continues.
The problem is there's no way of us knowing how well the figures sell. If it's a case of the line's stopped selling what the company expects then there's sadly not much we can do (Here's hoping TF holds a nice surprise for us all).

we're still missing a solid "Gray Ghost' figure from this line. That's my grail piece and I hope they announce it next month.

20180107_221506.jpg
My new "Arkham's Gate" from the tv series Gotham. It is bigger and better than Kenner's gate from animated series. Guys,what do you think about it?

I'd managed to resist this line for so long ... then my cousin got me the Batmobile for Christmas!

I guess I'll need a Batman to drive it, but I dunno which one to get. I'm leaning towards the Expressions pack version, but I also want The Phantasm ... which option will fit best in the car?

I'd managed to resist this line for so long ... then my cousin got me the Batmobile for Christmas!

I guess I'll need a Batman to drive it, but I dunno which one to get. I'm leaning towards the Expressions pack version, but I also want The Phantasm ... which option will fit best in the car?

The expressions version has a fabric cape with it, I believe, so, I’d go with that one, as I’ve found that cape to work better with the car.

The expressions version has a fabric cape with it, I believe, so, I’d go with that one, as I’ve found that cape to work better with the car.

Sold, thanks for the speedy reply! The fabric cape seems to be key. That pack seems to be perfect, aside from the awkward way the unmasked head sits on the neck.

Sold, thanks for the speedy reply! The fabric cape seems to be key. That pack seems to be perfect, aside from the awkward way the unmasked head sits on the neck.

Yeah, I really enjoy it. The unmasked head is by far the weakest link in the set, but even that didn’t strike me as being quite as bad as I thought it seemed in pictures, once I had it in hand. It’s horribly inaccurate, but not aesthetically terrible, as I’d initially perceived it to be.:lol

I was thinking of getting the Joker pack anyway, so it's appropriate to have the Batman equivalent.

And then I'll get Ra's, Talia, Phantasm, Harley ... uh oh. The collecting floodgates are opening!

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Congratulations, TheSensationalSean!
You’re going to love this line!

That damned Batmobile lured me into the line, too lol

Hi guys! Does anyone know when Toy Fair start?? I'm crossing my fingers for Scarecrow and TwoFace... :D

^ ToyFair is February 17-20. Sometimes DCC have items revealed beforehand though in the week running up to ToyFair. Fingers crossed we’ll see what we’re all hoping for!

Back