DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I do like the Hyenas he comes with, but I was always more of a fan of the original (BTAS) version. I stopped watching the show before it became The New Animated Adventures back in the day.

Understood, Joda. A lot of people aren't too fond of that version of Ol' Mr. J.

So I'm thinking of springing for one of the Jokers from the Animated Series, as he's always been my favorite. Being really out of the loop on this line however, I thought I'd get some opinions from those in 'the know'. :wink1: What do you guys think is the best option for a Joker Figure to display? There's an original release, one with Harley Quin and one that's upcoming with interchangable heads, is that right? Thoughts?

I'm so glad I didn't buy a Joker from this line yet now that the expressions pack (interchangeable heads) one is scheduled for release next year. I wasn't very impressed with the sculpting on that first DC Collectibles Joker. In my opinion, Riddler is the best-looking figure from the first line. I don't think this expressions pack Joker is perfect, but it looks like an improvement over what's been released so far. I recommend holding out for that one, just as I plan to do.

I'm so glad I didn't buy a Joker from this line yet now that the expressions pack (interchangeable heads) one is scheduled for release next year. I wasn't very impressed with the sculpting on that first DC Collectibles Joker. In my opinion, Riddler is the best-looking figure from the first line. I don't think this expressions pack Joker is perfect, but it looks like an improvement over what's been released so far. I recommend holding out for that one, just as I plan to do.

The good thing about having those spare Jokers from the single and Mad Love packs, is more heads from the Expressions pack can be on display at the same time. At least, that's how I convince myself those purchases were smart...

Does anyone know if that Joker expression pack comes with a way to display him without the overcoat? If so, then there's literally no reason to buy the original single carded release.

Yes, you can display him with or without the overcoat. At least that's how it was solicited and we know how DCC loves to decontent product between solicitations and release.

Free Batcave adhesive replacements. Just have to contact your retailer.

Breaking News!
It seems that The Joker is up to his old tricks again and tampered with the vinyl decals of the Batman: The Animated Series Batcave set causing “anti-adhesion” defects. Batman and #DCCollectibles are aware of this glitch and are issuing free replacement stickers that will be delivered to retailers by December 20th. The new interchangeable stickers mirror the original decal designs and provide better adhesion. All citizens of Gotham City who have purchased the Batcave and are experiencing “anti-sticky” problems, should contact their point-of-purchase retailer and request a free replacement sticker sheet. For those still planning to buy a Batcave set, a new sticker sheet will be supplied with your purchase.
Thank you and now back to your regularly scheduled programming!

View attachment 381359

I wouldn't be surprised if the comments on Amazon led to this sticker recall.

Loose joints be damned...these figures continue to be so much fun. Finally got around to unboxing the Gotham 5 pack and couldn't resist spamming the thread with a few pictures. Threads are always more fun with pictures right?
ymZz93I.jpg

xOlw1Ut.jpg

kbdJt7n.jpg

d6DBBQC.jpg

QdWyi3o.jpg

CZduJl6.jpg

Threads are always more fun with pictures right?

They are indeed! And your pictures - and diorama - are fantastic!! :D I love how (especially in the last shot) the effect on the road surface makes it look like the Batmobile is moving at high speed!

They are indeed! And your pictures - and diorama - are fantastic!! :D I love how (especially in the last shot) the effect on the road surface makes it look like the Batmobile is moving at high speed!

Thank! Inspired by the tunnel sequence during the btas opening credits :cool:

^ It certainly has that vibe to it amos. So awesome!!

And in the spirit of posting pics, here’s one from me! :D

77F75AE2-D581-4D01-B7E4-B7CC76CA2C59.jpeg

omg LOL. Thats the DCC Christmas card right there.

Your pictures are amazing, you should be working for their marketing department. Not even joking.

Great work. When you get like half a day, maybe you could share the secret to your fantastic back drops?! They have gotten more and more elaborate.

Amazing pictures. Sfa, that Christmas shot rocks. So, so much. :clap

Thanks for all the compliments guys!! :)

I had a lot of fun creating this shot. The diorama is actually a really really simple one too! It’s basically just printed out paper, with the wall section stuck onto some card. I cut out a section in the card where the fireplace would be and then placed a light behind it to simulate the fire being lit. I drew the background myself using reference from the show, thankfully this was a pretty simple one so it didn’t take too long. :)

739CC5F9-78EB-4593-B22C-A60C91B18BBD.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments guys!! :)

I had a lot of fun creating this shot. The diorama is actually a really really simple one too! It’s basically just printed out paper, with the wall section stuck onto some card. I cut out a section in the card where the fireplace would be and then placed a light behind it to simulate the fire being lit. I drew the background myself using reference from the show, thankfully this was a pretty simple one so it didn’t take too long. :)

View attachment 381982

You need to sell us these diorama blue prints. They look fantastic.

Drew the background yourself? Wow. It looks great!

Batman night. We just watched Mask of the Phantasm.
50b6f5231327409368a934c42e2e2c4f.jpg
3c7f2b40e2702ccb2019bf0f13ed04c1.jpg
8822193b8b80396a2ee1340357eb14ba.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I would have loved playing with these things when I was a kid. On the floor. Under a table. Under the bed. In a closet. Between the back of the couch and living room wall. On the cellar steps lol. The places me AND my toys used to fit... Miss those days.

Loose joints be damned...these figures continue to be so much fun. Finally got around to unboxing the Gotham 5 pack and couldn't resist spamming the thread with a few pictures. Threads are always more fun with pictures right?
ymZz93I.jpg

xOlw1Ut.jpg

kbdJt7n.jpg

d6DBBQC.jpg

QdWyi3o.jpg

CZduJl6.jpg

Equally awesome!!! We need build details on this one too!

Back