DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

37462695874_a43665a539_k.jpg

24320474918_99f701399e_k.jpg

38199819301_31d10fd914_z.jpg

Alfred is home:)

Awesome collection. What are you going to do if they end the line?

I could go on adding C-listers for ever
Thanks. Actually I think I would be satisfied with BTAS Two-Face and Scarecrow and TNBA Penguin. I’d like to see BTAS Hugo Strange, Rupert Thorne, Clock King, Maxie Zeus, Baby Doll, Kyodai Ken, and Red Claw. Maybe Lockup. Which is about as far down the scale as I’m willing to go. On TNBA side... meh not too many more I really care about I guess. I mean I would buy Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter, Clayface, Bullock, Montoya, Gordon, Calendar Girl, and Farmer Brown and his daughter but I’m not only skeptical that we’ll see any of those I just don’t really care that much about getting them. Batwoman would probably top my list right after Penguin and I’d rather have STAS Lex Luthor before those other TNBA figures I listed.

That looks great :D What are those boxes and also how do you make the figures stand?

Thanks. I’m pretty good at getting them to stand for the most part. I’ve probably had the most trouble with BTAS Catwoman and TNBA Two-Face but I think I finally have them properly balanced as they’ve been standing for about 3 months now.

The boxes are Clear Acrylic Cases with the dimensions 4x4x7. Apparently people used to use them to display Beanie Babies when that was a thing lol. These are generic versions as the official Beanie ones had the “Ty Heart” logo on the lids. I was buying them from organizeit.com but I’m not sure they carry them anymore in those dimensions. They are available though elsewhere online.

I want to try to take some better pics in the daytime so they’re not so grainy.

Amazing set-up whakojacko!! It looks fantastic. I’m very curious as to where and what you’ve done with Clayface though? He must be the only one messing up your awesome set-up there! Unless you have Etrigan too?

Amazing set-up whakojacko!! It looks fantastic. I’m very curious as to where and what you’ve done with Clayface though? He must be the only one messing up your awesome set-up there! Unless you have Etrigan too?
Thanks
Yeah Clayface needs a double-wide. Everyone else fits fine including Etrigan. Unfortunately I’ve yet to find something adequate for him which ideally would be 8” wide instead of 4”.

Few more crappy pics lol
38224706921_e38d9c1609_z.jpg

38224709501_943445331c_z.jpg

37539388154_1133047d48_z.jpg

Whakojacko - the display looks great! It's definitely different than what most others have done, but they look great. I especially like the few who have mini dioramas. I'm curious about the empty space beside Phantasm, who's going in that box?

Everyone else - I ordered some clear label sheets that can run through a laser printer. I'm going to print a high-resolution test tomorrow to see how the stickers look on this material. I'm thinking because the media is clear, the light would come through better. I'll post the results of my test.

Whakojacko your collection is awesome! I haven't gotten into collecting these figures but after seeing your set up I think I'm going to start.

I agree with other people, Whakojako display is very original and looks very good! And you also don't have any dust problem with that solution! :lecture

Damn, years passes but this damn forum is always awesome, all I see is always great! Congratulation guys :)

Whakojacko - the display looks great! It's definitely different than what most others have done, but they look great. I especially like the few who have mini dioramas. I'm curious about the empty space beside Phantasm, who's going in that box?
Thanks! Hopefully Two-Face will be filling that gap between Phantasm and Scareface :) And yeah I'm SLOWLY trying to build other dioramas for some of the other figures.
38194149066_1fe0b0762a_z.jpg
38194149146_455ed5df34.jpg
38248816241_05949938b1.jpg

Everyone else - I ordered some clear label sheets that can run through a laser printer. I'm going to print a high-resolution test tomorrow to see how the stickers look on this material. I'm thinking because the media is clear, the light would come through better. I'll post the results of my test.
Cool. Very interested to see how this works out.
Whakojacko your collection is awesome! I haven't gotten into collecting these figures but after seeing your set up I think I'm going to start.
Thanks! I hope you enjoy the figures as much as I do.
I agree with other people, Whakojako display is very original and looks very good! And you also don't have any dust problem with that solution! :lecture
Thanks! You bring up an interesting point about the dust. Part of the reason I started using these cases WAAAAYYYY back when Mattel was doing JLU was because these Bruce Timm designed characters are a pain the to stand up. Every time I had to dust these things it was a chore to get them rebalanced in order to stand again. These cases mostly eliminate the standing issue because they usually stay in place once I get them there.Although when someone on the bottom of the stack does fall over I have to take the other 3 on top off in order to fix the problem though it's rare. The only dust issue is typically on the cases on the very top which I use compressed air cans to blow the dust off.

Whakojacko that's an AMAZING DISPLAY! I wish I had the space for a setup like that!

I just got my Rogues pack from BBTS... I wanted to love it, but my Mr. Freeze's left arm pops out, Ivy's bow is bent, and Montoya's shutgun broke in half when I took it out of the pack.

Never thought I'd say this, but it's the first time I feel extremely let down by DCC.

Thanks! You bring up an interesting point about the dust. Part of the reason I started using these cases WAAAAYYYY back when Mattel was doing JLU was because these Bruce Timm designed characters are a pain the to stand up. Every time I had to dust these things it was a chore to get them rebalanced in order to stand again. These cases mostly eliminate the standing issue because they usually stay in place once I get them there.Although when someone on the bottom of the stack does fall over I have to take the other 3 on top off in order to fix the problem though it's rare. The only dust issue is typically on the cases on the very top which I use compressed air cans to blow the dust off.

I know that feeling man xD I hate dust too, it's the Action Figures killer number one IMO. Your solution might be a bit complicated (I mean just in case you want change a pose and the charachter is at the buttom xDDD) but the final look is very cool and make each figure to pop out really well! :)

Now I bring you another simple repaint. Since DCC just teased us with this... I've decided to make my own one -.- It still have to finish it (I have to repaint joints, repaint better the jacket and glue the parts who need it) but I think it looks pretty cool! Shame on DCC for not making this... -.- Luckly I've found this Joker from china, loose, for only 9$!!!

P_20171107_000629.jpg
P_20171107_001204.jpg
P_20171107_000703.jpg

I know that feeling man xD I hate dust too, it's the Action Figures killer number one IMO. Your solution might be a bit complicated (I mean just in case you want change a pose and the charachter is at the buttom xDDD) but the final look is very cool and make each figure to pop out really well! :)

Now I bring you another simple repaint. Since DCC just teased us with this... I've decided to make my own one -.- It still have to finish it (I have to repaint joints, repaint better the jacket and glue the parts who need it) but I think it looks pretty cool! Shame on DCC for not making this... -.- Luckly I've found this Joker from china, loose, for only 9$!!!

View attachment 376162
View attachment 376163
View attachment 376164
If they had done that Joker he probably wouldn’t have looked as good. The gloss in the paint you used really makes him pop. Looks cool :D

Nice work, blebble!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whakojacko that's an AMAZING DISPLAY! I wish I had the space for a setup like that!

I just got my Rogues pack from BBTS... I wanted to love it, but my Mr. Freeze's left arm pops out, Ivy's bow is bent, and Montoya's shutgun broke in half when I took it out of the pack.

Never thought I'd say this, but it's the first time I feel extremely let down by DCC.
Thanks!

Yeah unfortunately I’m a member of the crooked bow, busted shotgun club too. I have to keep straightening out the bow and I glued the shotgun but yeah still disappointing in an otherwise decent set.

Awesome collection man!

Thanks!
...assuming that was directed towards me lol

Yeah unfortunately I’m a member of the crooked bow, busted shotgun club too. I have to keep straightening out the bow and I glued the shotgun but yeah still disappointing in an otherwise decent set.

Yeah, I had both of those issues along with my Poison Ivy's leg snapping off at the right boot joint. Super frustrating, it's almost like we're going back to those Wave 1 QC issues all over again.

On that note, I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy a TNBA Two-Face. My local comic shop has one on discount at the moment, so it won't be too painful if they ever announce a BtAS version down the road. I guess my big question is whether or not this guy is going to break into a thousand pieces when I take him out of the packaging. I've heard word that they fixed the Wave 1 QC issues with newer runs, but is there any way to tell if this dude is from the new batch or not?

On that note, I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy a TNBA Two-Face. My local comic shop has one on discount at the moment, so it won't be too painful if they ever announce a BtAS version down the road. I guess my big question is whether or not this guy is going to break into a thousand pieces when I take him out of the packaging. I've heard word that they fixed the Wave 1 QC issues with newer runs, but is there any way to tell if this dude is from the new batch or not?

Only Batman and Catwoman were reissued I think, so Two-Face and Freeze are both gonna be old and have the exposed hip pins.

"Good" news is that generally speaking Two-Face isn't as breakage prone as the other three were based on what I've heard and personal experience.

Back