DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

That really sucks Zulu. Something like that should never get past QA.

I just got my batcave set today and I really like it. Granted I'm not as picky as other members, I think its great. The light up effect could have been brighter and should have came with a plug so I could have it lit up all the time. The decals were kinda difficult to put on until I got a cup of water. I would dip my finger in the water and shake most of it off and then rub my finger onto the monitor that I'm applying the decal to. Then I would just slide the decal until it looked about right. 20171103_233136.jpg20171103_232014(1).jpg

Also I did a super high resolution scan of the sticker sheet.

Link to the sheet, its 84~ mb

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5a-Yf87NRHcMFJwck5kdDk1TVk

Last edited:

Damn, Zelu.. O_O I'm very sorry to see what happened.... This is unacceptable. A product with this price point CANNOT have such a big problem, especially considering a lot of people buy this set because of Alfred figure... DAMN! The more I see this the more I'm happy to not bought it. I never will till I see it at 60-70$... Not a dime more xDDD Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but the price is not even close to what is worth IMHO

I thought I was unlucky to have an Alfred with two right hands but to right legs is just awful. Sorry to hear that. I hope this isn't going to be an ongoing QC problem.

That really sucks Zulu. Something like that should never get past QA.

I just got my batcave set today and I really like it. Granted I'm not as picky as other members, I think its great. The light up effect could have been brighter and should have came with a plug so I could have it lit up all the time. The decals were kinda difficult to put on until I got a cup of water. I would dip my finger in the water and shake most of it off and then rub my finger onto the monitor that I'm applying the decal to. Then I would just slide the decal until it looked about right. View attachment 375465View attachment 375466

Also I did a super high resolution scan of the sticker sheet.

Link to the sheet, its 84~ mb

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5a-Yf87NRHcMFJwck5kdDk1TVk

Thank you for the scan. Do you think it is possible to print it on a adhesive sheet in a cartography shop?

Sure, It's: 58cm X 52cm X 32cm :)

Phew, what a relief. My shelf is 60 cm deep and I was worried it would go beyond that.

I am close to getting caught up with my Batman collecting, just missing the Christmas Joker, the NBA Harley and Mad Hatter.

This week I received the GCPD Rogues Gallery set and I've noticed a couple of things:

- The glass dome on Mr. Freeze is unfortunately too long and it doesn't lock in on mine. When I press it down to hide the bottom seam it keeps popping up again. Anyone else who has this defect on their Freeze? Solutions are welcome.

- The canister / nitrogen tank on my Freeze is angled away from the bottom of the suit and stuck tight. Shouldn't it be snug all the way?

- Montoya's head is rather big, compared to other female characters and even Batman. However, this could be turned into a positive. The hatless version could work for an unmasked Andrea Bourmont Phantasm figure. The Phantasm was originally supposed to come with her headsculpt as a pack-in.

- Is Killer Croc's mouth supposed to be moveable or was it a two piece to make production easier? Would be cool if it was indeed articulated, but I'm afraid to put too much strain on it.

Thank you for the scan. Do you think it is possible to print it on a adhesive sheet in a cartography shop?

You probably can get it printed on an adhesive sheet but the light up function wouldn't work. The decals they give us are semi transparent which allows the light to shine through. The light isn't very powerful from what I can tell so a sticker might be too thick for the light to penetrate.

So I woke up this morning and about half the decals fell off my screen. I'm going to need to find a better solution to keeping them on there

These decal stuff is pretty garbage. If anyone figures out a better method of putting them on let me know.

Phew, what a relief. My shelf is 60 cm deep and I was worried it would go beyond that.

I am close to getting caught up with my Batman collecting, just missing the Christmas Joker, the NBA Harley and Mad Hatter.

This week I received the GCPD Rogues Gallery set and I've noticed a couple of things:

- The glass dome on Mr. Freeze is unfortunately too long and it doesn't lock in on mine. When I press it down to hide the bottom seam it keeps popping up again. Anyone else who has this defect on their Freeze? Solutions are welcome.

- The canister / nitrogen tank on my Freeze is angled away from the bottom of the suit and stuck tight. Shouldn't it be snug all the way?

- Montoya's head is rather big, compared to other female characters and even Batman. However, this could be turned into a positive. The hatless version could work for an unmasked Andrea Bourmont Phantasm figure. The Phantasm was originally supposed to come with her headsculpt as a pack-in.

- Is Killer Croc's mouth supposed to be moveable or was it a two piece to make production easier? Would be cool if it was indeed articulated, but I'm afraid to put too much strain on it.

My Freeze has the same problem with the dome. It really is too long. He is an example of a figure that I wish was based more on his TV appearances and less on his model sheet.

You probably can get it printed on an adhesive sheet but the light up function wouldn't work. The decals they give us are semi transparent which allows the light to shine through. The light isn't very powerful from what I can tell so a sticker might be too thick for the light to penetrate.

So I woke up this morning and about half the decals fell off my screen. I'm going to need to find a better solution to keeping them on there

These decal stuff is pretty garbage. If anyone figures out a better method of putting them on let me know.

I read online about these static cling vinyl sheets in which a guy was trying to get into the science of it and concluded that there’s very little of any static electricity taking place at all. However, consistently on several sites it’s recommended to rinse these sheets in cold water to restore their sticking properties and to likewise keep the mounting surfaces clean and free of dust and oil with wet towel paper. I think the light-up feature makes it worth it, as the old school decals for classic playsets for Star Wars, GI Joe, Jurassic Park, Batman, etc. by Hasbro, Kenner and Mattel were just too tedious and very unforgiving to apply, so much so that I sometimes kept them off from my sets!

I read online about these static cling vinyl sheets in which a guy was trying to get into the science of it and concluded that there’s very little of any static electricity taking place at all. However, consistently on several sites it’s recommended to rinse these sheets in cold water to restore their sticking properties and to likewise keep the mounting surfaces clean and free of dust and oil with wet towel paper. I think the light-up feature makes it worth it, as the old school decals for classic playsets for Star Wars, GI Joe, Jurassic Park, Batman, etc. by Hasbro, Kenner and Mattel were just too tedious and very unforgiving to apply, so much so that I sometimes kept them off from my sets!

Yeah the light up feature definitely looks nice. My only complaints for the light is that its a little dim and it requires 3 AA batteries. The main screen might be able to plug into the wall if I can find a plug that fits the back.

I dunked the sticker pieces into water but they eventually dry up and fall off. I noticed that some of the stickers are naturally rolling up which is probably one of the reason why they're falling off. I'm going to look for some clear double sided tape and see if that helps on some of them

Has anyone tried some Windex on them?

Well, Zelu, now you need to find out the collector who has an Alfred with two left legs, let's cross fingers he is in the same city and not in another continen!!! ;)

That is indeed a travesty and yes, the CS is lacking without Kevin. That said, I'd give not a second thought about boxing that ***** up and getting an exchange or refund!

But in the last months, when Kevin was still in charge, DCC didn't want to do any refund or replacement.

The QA issues convinced me not to get into this line back when it started and these latest issues make me relieved that I didn't - even if many of the figures look amazing.

Hey guys,

I know some of you managed to hang the Batwing on the wall, can you give me some tips of what you have used for that? (I'm trying to rearrange the display)

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I know some of you managed to hang the Batwing on the wall, can you give me some tips of what you have used for that? (I'm trying to rearrange the display)

Thanks!

I've used a mixture of command hooks (behind the batwing), screw in hooks (from the ceiling) and used .45mm fishing line to hang it from the ceiling.

It's been up like this for awhile but would love to know of a better solution. I'm half expecting it to fall off the wall anyday

de314b04272d5c5e0a1272fb7c3da2fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A member here said Kevin -or maybe someone else at DCC- asked not to contact them again to ask for replacements

I'm absolutely appalled by the response you received, Zelu. The manufacturer needs to stand by their product and immediately help the consumer. The size of this set should be indicative of how unnecessary an entire package replacement is. If it's not too difficult to exchange the entire set at your local comic shop (or wherever you purchased it) I guess it's the route to go.
However, if it is difficult to exchange, you need to pursue DC Collectibles. You will need to get in touch with a supervisor over the phone or something and point out that it is obviously a quality control issue (the leg bends the wrong way) and exchanging it with a store or distributor is inconvenient for you. Tell them you expect them to stand behind their product; you will not be going out of your way to correct their mistake because when you pay them, you expect a quality product.

I could have told you guys this since its the same response they gave me when my batman leg broke off the joint when i was moving it, i had to glue it and have been ever since.

Oh by the way my distributor told me they could not exchange it and to contact DC about it, itwas a big loop, but never got my replacement unlike some happy stories here.

Back