DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

@zelu - you ruined the GCPD Ivy for me! When I first got it, I thought, "it's not as bad as everyone is saying" and actually thought it looked good. Then you just had to go and post that side by side pic of your custom Ivy and the stock Ivy...damn you zelu!!! Lol

zelu could you please show me a closer look at your custom Clock King figure? in the display, he looks great!

Wow, Zelu! Nice shelfie. Seeing your customized figures all together really makes for the best BTAS set in existence!
Wish you lived down the street so I could ask you for help customizing mine.
(I live in central Texas [just in case you do too[emoji6]])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in London, UK so quite far away :p

Zelu, is that your custom Ivy you posted a while back (Catwoman base iirc)?

nope that's a fixup of the Rogue's Gallery one :)

@zelu - you ruined the GCPD Ivy for me! When I first got it, I thought, "it's not as bad as everyone is saying" and actually thought it looked good. Then you just had to go and post that side by side pic of your custom Ivy and the stock Ivy...damn you zelu!!! Lol

Sorry.. I did it again.... but, but,BUT It's IVY so I had too :D (I'm still not 100% happy with her so I'm still making small changes)

zelu could you please show me a closer look at your custom Clock King figure? in the display, he looks great!

here you go :) ( Is till need to fix his gloves and made his Clock stick)

did you dremmel down Ivy's face? If I end up getting that set she definitely needs to be customized

Thank you for showing Clock King! He looks great!

This line is probably my last chance at ever having a true Clock King figure so i'm at the edge of my seat as this line starts to slow down

Also, have you noticed that Commissioner Gordon, Clock King, and Bruce Wayne all wear the brown jackets, beige shirts, black ties, and khaki pants? If we get all three, we should never display them together haha

Thank you for showing Clock King! He looks great!

This line is probably my last chance at ever having a true Clock King figure so i'm at the edge of my seat as this line starts to slow down

Also, have you noticed that Commissioner Gordon, Clock King, and Bruce Wayne all wear the brown jackets, beige shirts, black ties, and khaki pants? If we get all three, we should never display them together haha

I'm prettu sure we will see Clock King sooner or later! and good spot about their wardrobe color coordination :D

Zelu, you never fail to impress! Wonderful job on Ivy! I knew from the first time that we saw the dodgy protoype, that you'd fix her up. "What would Zelu do" will be my new phrase whenever I'm disappointed by a new proto. [emoji38]

And now for something a little different. I thought you guys might like to see a little Superman display I put together:
6745dc7c74e71457928acd29b9b6b95f.jpg
f3df1a1689a5393a3ea15a509144c674.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Cool Supes dio, CaptSpock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if anyone did a type of major things discussed in the DC Collectibles Facebook Q & A, but here's what I picked out:

Will there be Bruce Wayne/Secret Identity Versions of characters?
• “I think we should do one, considering how much screen time he has”
• Secret ids may have to be in a pack
• We have Bruce Wayne head, we just need to find his body

Various Questions about Character X being made:
• 3-4 major characters that people really seem to want. Hearing from our fans what people want to see is helpful for us
• “Red Claw is definitely happening. (joking)
• Grey Ghost- what a great figure to do. Lot of people want that… we are definitely considering, along with civilian Bruce Wayne
• Scarecrow btas, both looks
• Two-face “we’d like to get him out there”
• TNBA penguin also mentioned
• Condiment King is always a big question. We can’t say he is unheard of, but maybe not the first character we will go to. Don’t know that we are necessarily going to get to those level of characters, but we are considering everything.
• Grey ghost, scarecrow, two face are the ones we hear about the most

Is the line ending?
• We would not be having this Q & A if we were winding down
• We’re probably on the other side of the top of the hill, but still supporting the line.
• “we may be able to ride out on some other things…” (teasing Batcycle?)
• Definitely not done yet, still excited
• Maybe teasing you with stuff sooner rather than later
• New announcements 9/23- batman day! (heavily hinted at) then nothing till NYCC

Production Qs:
• We have lots of discussions about accessories for characters
• Other references besides turnarounds
• interpretation that happens from watching episodes and necessary interpretation
• Colors can vary between monitors and episodes/daytime and nighttime, etc.
• Alfred by itself- no plans to produce separately
• Have to be selective about which characters to release at which time. Some characters don’t sell to the level of others
• Take joker fish and take it right on top of Harley, no legs. Eyes will be painted in so it looks like the episode
• We never thought we’d get away with the Batmobile, much less the batwing!
• One of our longest running lines, by number of chanters
• Why the 5 pack GCPD? Need a way to go deep into the line that works financially.
• We sell to retailers—not directly to you
• Dioramas with display backgrounds?- no planes for separate backdrop pieces
• Consider statues of BTAS- never say never, nobody is saying we cant
• Accessories will come in expressions packs, no standalone accessories
• Takes about a full year from idea to concept to manufacturing
• Vehicles take longer

I'm pretty confident that we'll see at least BTAS Two-Face, Scarecrow, and Grey Ghost now. Anything else after that will just be icing on the cake! And I'd totally buy a Red Claw figure.

I wish I had been watching that live so I could have typed, "For God's sake, please don't use that fish-muppet Bruce Wayne head again," in Facebook chat.

Hey guys, I really hate the new springed clamp DCC use for the figures, I'm searching for someone who sell the classic extendable clamp. If anyone wanna sell them can contact me via PM. I live in Italy so I search for someone who can ship over seas, thanks :)

Hey guys, I really hate the new springed clamp DCC use for the figures, I'm searching for someone who sell the classic extendable clamp. If anyone wanna sell them can contact me via PM. I live in Italy so I search for someone who can ship over seas, thanks :)

No spare clamps, but are you interested in a first class deluxe box????? :007

Ciao..forse hai la memoria piena Inbox, ti avevo provato a scrivere varie volte in pvt :)

No spare clamps, but are you interested in a first class deluxe box????? :007

hahahah don't you even try it!!! xDDDD Already tryin to sell mine xDDD

Ciao..forse hai la memoria piena Inbox, ti avevo provato a scrivere varie volte in pvt :)

wey ciao, no, non è piena ma non ho ricevuto nulla.. strano... puoi provare di nuovo? grazie ;)

Sprechen wir jetzt alle in unseren jeweiligen Landessprachen? Ja? Gut zu wissen.

what's the problem? I was unable to contact him ! I dont have written a blasphemy ! Be relaxed or I have to think you're racist towards other languages

Calma, pueblo, calma!!

Calma, pueblo, calma!!

LOL you're asking too much! xD forums are made for make people to argue! (you and me just argued some pages ago about Matar if you remember xD)
beside jokes, some people take conversations weirdly around here xD enjoy the action figures people, let's talk about that in good and bad :D

Back