DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I work in the Creative field and art directors, wherever they go, tend to stick to their stable of artists.

When one person in such a position leaves, the person replacing them will generally use talent they've already got a relationship with, especially if there have been issues with past freelancers at the new place. As much as I like Irene's work, there have been some legitimate gripes about the sculpts we've seen. Those gripes start with her but it also falls to her contact at DCC. If he's gone, it could be an excuse to try someone new.

Assuming, of course, the DCC position hasn't been eliminated because the line is ending.

Hey guys, if anyone have the Superman Two pack could you post the photo next to BTAS Batman and Catwoman? I'm thinking of using them to do some customs but I want to check the scale first, thanks!

Here ya go

1wg6ETy.jpg

Here ya go

The more I see new stand clamps the more I hate them xDDD
I also suggest to use caution if they're at direct contact with soft/rubbery plastic... These things are famous for made weird chemical reactions... xD

The more I see new stand clamps the more I hate them xDDD
I also suggest to use caution if they're at direct contact with soft/rubbery plastic... These things are famous for made weird chemical reactions... xD
Agree. I thought the old ones were bad but the new stands are far worse. They're so poorly designed and I've binned my few already. Thankfully have spares of the old style if necessary.

I wished the figures were like gijoes or star wars, their bases are the ones i like.

I wished the figures were like gijoes or star wars, their bases are the ones i like.
..GI-Joe and Star Wars figures don't (and have never) come with bases/stands. So i'm not sure anyone has a clue what you're talking about. Unless you're talking about generic round figure stands like what NECA makes perhaps? But yeah, the only Star Wars figures I've seen that come with stands are the SSC & HT variety. But these Batman stands are my favorite by far. The turnaround artwork brings such class to it. And out of the three dozen or so I have, never had an issue with any of them falling or getting damaged by the c-clamp. I mean, it's not amazing support..but as long as you don't live in an earthquake zone, you'll be fine.

Sups should stand next to TNBA Batman. At least they share the same style. BTAS does not.

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

..GI-Joe and Star Wars figures don't (and have never) come with bases/stands. So i'm not sure anyone has a clue what you're talking about. Unless you're talking about generic round figure stands like what NECA makes perhaps? But yeah, the only Star Wars figures I've seen that come with stands are the SSC & HT variety. But these Batman stands are my favorite by far. The turnaround artwork brings such class to it. And out of the three dozen or so I have, never had an issue with any of them falling or getting damaged by the c-clamp. I mean, it's not amazing support..but as long as you don't live in an earthquake zone, you'll be fine.

Lots of Star Wars Figures and GI Joe 3 3/4 have come with stands.

Star Wars during the 30th anniversary "saga legends" collection and gi Joe during the pursuit of cobra line.

Basically just grey pieces of plastic with pegs on them.

Star Wars also did awesome environmental pieces during the Revenge of the Sith line.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

The big news from today's facebook Q&A is that the animated series line will indeed be continuing past the Joker & Harley Expressions packs and the Joker Mobile scheduled for March and May of 2018. They just haven't announced what's coming in mid to late 2018 (sounds like that'll be announced at NY Toy Fair), and they're apparently already planning 2019. Kevin Kiniry also said that they are also not done yet with single packed figures, although we will be seeing fewer of those than we were at the beginning of this line.

The big news from today's facebook Q&A is that the animated series line will indeed be continuing past the Joker & Harley Expressions packs and the Joker Mobile scheduled for March and May of 2018. They just haven't announced what's coming in mid to late 2018 (sounds like that'll be announced at NY Toy Fair), and they're apparently already planning 2019. Kevin Kiniry also said that they are also not done yet with single packed figures, although we will be seeing fewer of those than we were at the beginning of this line.

Oh thank god. I was watching an unboxing on facebook of the 5 pack and it just made me sad that they're gonna do nothing but that from now on. Good to see that's not necessarily the case. I plan on getting Batgirl very soon and await the next single figure releases. As beautiful as that 5 pack is, I've gotta wait for there to be some sort of deal on it.

Back