DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Welcome!
If you're a completionist, or want a particular version of a figure, it's worth telling you there are two versions of a couple of these figures. The first versions of The New Batman Adventures Batman figure and Batman The Animated Series Catwoman have "hip holes" and a "75 Years" sticker in the top corner of the bubble. The revised versions fills the hip holes and have better paint (IMO). Also, some of the very first batch of The Mask of The Phantasm set have a Batman figure with his teeth unpainted, this was caught and corrected very quickly. I bought the first one, but exchanged it for one with painted teeth as soon as my local comic shop got the fixed version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Cicada! Those hipholes were just the worst, DCC made a clever move by fixing that! Got a whole bunch of the phantasm pack near for £12.99 with the unpainted teeth but I decided to pass on them. Would love to find me a TNBA joker though, I seem to be one of very few who prefers it to the bulky original version. May the hunt continue!!

I would assume if they were to do a set they wouldn't use any dupe figs. Seeing as the movie isn't part of the DCAU, I think they would make totally new figs if they were to make any at all. If they do make some, I just hope they aren't hideous like those Son of Batman figs. Also, I would prefer 7 inch scale. I still want a Batwoman from Bad Blood :(

While I'd love a decent 6.75" scale Batwoman as well, this movie is definitely part of the DCAU. Every animated property released since the Animated line began has been in the 6" scale. That goes for BTAS, TNBA, Justice League: Gods and Monsters, Batman Beyond, and Superman. I don't see it changing for one flick that looks SO much like a lost episode of TNBA.

If they can get away with using existing toolings (and I see no reason why they can't for a good portion of it) they should. Batman and Nightwing both look like they stepped right out of The New Batman Adventures (except for Dîck's haircut, of course).

There's no sense in reinventing the entire wheel.

Beautiful collection, zelu1984! I have never seen that "Hula Girl Harley" before. Could you please post a close-up?

I will take shome photos for you tomorrow, I also saw concept art for Ivy :D

While I'd love a decent 6.75" scale Batwoman as well, this movie is definitely part of the DCAU. Every animated property released since the Animated line began has been in the 6" scale. That goes for BTAS, TNBA, Justice League: Gods and Monsters, Batman Beyond, and Superman. I don't see it changing for one flick that looks SO much like a lost episode of TNBA.

If they can get away with using existing toolings (and I see no reason why they can't for a good portion of it) they should. Batman and Nightwing both look like they stepped right out of The New Batman Adventures (except for Dîck's haircut, of course).

There's no sense in reinventing the entire wheel.

Yea, I don't expect that scale, or any figs from the movie at all, but it would be nice lol. In the sneak peak for the movie Bruce Timm called it "the weird redheaded cousin of the DCAU" or something along those lines haha. That pretty much confirms it's not part of the DCAU. Also, the figs from Son of Batman and Justice League War were in 7'' scale, so I figured those might be too, just to keep the scale for their animated films figs

I was just hoping for new sculpts if they did make some, so I'd have reason to buy a set. I have 2 Nightwings, 2 TNBA Ivy and 2 TNBA Batman. Any dupe fig at all would kill any chance of me buying a set

Exactly, this is not part of the dcau

If I could just get the wolfman guy and Tygrus? I believe his name was, id be happy and done with the line finally. A clayface headsculpt set would b awesome too.

Beautiful collection, zelu1984! I have never seen that "Hula Girl Harley" before. Could you please post a close-up?
Here you go buddy :)
b08da11f52b359aac7ce9eba5c3111c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My Detolf collection upgrated with Batman TNBA :)

Untitled collage.jpeg

I just bought several of these, all based on BTAS. I'm skipping on TNBA just to save some cash, plus I prefer the earlier designs.

Question, though. Has DCC confirmed a BTAS Two-Face?

Last edited:

Yea, I don't expect that scale, or any figs from the movie at all, but it would be nice lol. In the sneak peak for the movie Bruce Timm called it "the weird redheaded cousin of the DCAU" or something along those lines haha. That pretty much confirms it's not part of the DCAU. Also, the figs from Son of Batman and Justice League War were in 7'' scale, so I figured those might be too, just to keep the scale for their animated films figs

I was just hoping for new sculpts if they did make some, so I'd have reason to buy a set. I have 2 Nightwings, 2 TNBA Ivy and 2 TNBA Batman. Any dupe fig at all would kill any chance of me buying a set

I think people are confusing canonical continuity in the "Timmiverse" with the overall DC Animated Universe (DCAU).

Unless I'm mistaken, there is no continuity among all DCAU movies. For example, All-Star Superman is part of the DCAU because it's animated but it isn't part of the same continuity as Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Likewise, while Justice League: Gods and Monsters isn't necessarily part of the overall "Timmiverse" continuity within the DCAU, it is part of the DCAU.

So while the upcoming Batman and Harley Quinn movie may be considered a "red-headed stepchild" of the Batman animated television series, it's much more likely that any figures DCC might offer will be in the 6" scale Animated line. (And for what it's worth, Warner Bros. refers to these video releases as DC Universe Original Movies.)

Sorry for the long, nitpicking reply. I think we can agree that a new Batwoman figure is LONG overdue. A 6.75" scale Designer Series version based on J.H. Williams' art is a must as far as I'm concerned.

long time no new posts. others have IP-Problems too?

Thanks. Funny that it actually hulas. Anyone know if this released is based on a comic or creative license by Cryptozoic?

I think this is an original design, I also saw Ivy's concept and she looks great. i will try to look for the photo.

Not based on any comics, just the hula toys

I picked up the Beyond three pack the other day, and I have some thoughts:

-Bruce is the star of the show and he is awesome. In the package, he looks like a hulking beast, and he very much is, but, posing him, hunched over his cane, head perched out, as he did in the show, it doesn't seem like it would, but it makes a world of difference. The paint and sculpt is phenomenal and they just nailed it. I kind of want to get my TNBA Bats out and see how they compare.

-Batman Beyond is...not as cool as what I'd hoped for. As a huge fan of the show, I can say that Terry deserves better, and he seems to have suffered by being put in this three pack. I get what they were going for with the wings, but they completely missed the mark. His arms are limited by the way they designed his shoulders so that it's physically impossible for someone to raise them up enough that they will camouflage the hinges, and, similarly, the back piece for the wings is too wide, so, no matter what, you can see the balljoints, you can see how separate the wing pieces are, and it totally ruins the whole thing. To my mind, this basic Batman Beyond makes me wish they'd give Terry the deluxe treatment, or, hell, the Expressions Pack treatment. A few alternate heads, shocked face, smiling face, bloody face, squinting angry face, this head, interchangeable wings for his back in different positions, and, for the instances where the wings appear to pop out from under his arms, take a page out of Man-Bat and Joker's books by including interchangeable arms. With that flight stand, you could even put some holes in his heels where you could attach flames or something to recreate his rocket boots. Throw in a Terry McGinnis figure in his casual clothes with a head you can alternate with the Beyond figure, and include an additional mask for him to hold and I think it would make for a killer package.

-Ace is kind of cool, but my problem is with the fact that they didn't account for a dog's physiology in making the figure, and they could've remedied that by either including some interchangeable parts or additional points of articulation. I thought it'd be kind of cool to have Bruce sit in the chair by the Batcomputer and Ace lying next to him, but the way his legs stretch out, really, you can only pose him standing, walking, or running; otherwise, it looks awkward as hell. I think it would've been awesome if they gave him some interchangeable back legs so he could sit or lie down and appear more naturally, and I know it seems like I'm nitpicking, but they didn't view Ace as an accessory in what they charged for him, so, it's only fair that I judge him as a full figure. That being said, visually, he looks great in most standing poses, I just think they could've put a bit more thought into it.

Overall, I'm conflicted. The figures all look pretty great in terms of detail and accuracy, though I still feel like Terry's a bit on the small side. Having found it on sale at a local place for half off, I'm very happy with my purchase, but if they were asking me to pay $65? **** no. Especially when the TDKR three-pack, with two massive, hulking Batman and Mutant Leader figures, and a fully functional, articulated Carrie Kelly is only $5 more. To me, this three pack stuff only works if it's well thought out, and they tried to make this one work, but it came out lacking. Bruce and Ace, easily, could've been their own $28 figure and giving Terry his own release could've gave them some more leeway to flesh him out a bit more and produce a better offering. I get that they're trying to test the waters with these multi-packs (as they're doing with Superman and Lois, and the Legends of the Dark Knight TDKR pack), but if it's going to scare away potential customers because, as an offering, it's lacking, then, you're not really doing that particular line any favors, nor are you giving it it's fair shake to thrive.

Back