DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Hey, I got a little question. everyone seem to be able to copy the BTAS lettering style. Can someone tell me the name of that style and how I get it on my PC? I checked all installed styles, but it seems not being available.

I've used it for create the Joker cards :D
I'ts called Plaza. https://ttfonts.net/font/30937_Plaza.htm
You just have to paste the file in the characters folder on your pc

Been having fun posing and photographing figures today! :D

IMG_3612.jpg

So, a local comic shop has a 50% off sale today and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that a buddy of mine picked up an expressions pack for me. Suffice it to say, having seen everything in hand, I have some first impressions:
-Bruce Wayne head. It does not look as bad as I anticipated. The jawline doesn't seem quite as exaggerated as it does in photos, and it seems...palatable. That being said, when I say that, I'm viewing it as a non-essential accessory. With so many other heads to fall back on, it gives them a little bit of leeway, but, if they ever plan on doing Bruce in his brown and yellow suit, they need to go back to the drawing board, because, if that head was the focal point, "looking okay" doesn't cut it, and especially not when it isn't even remotely accurate to what Bruce looked like on the show.
-Battle Damaged head. I ****ing love it. I thought it seemed kind of cool in the solicits and stuff, but, I don't know if they added it, later or I just didn't pick up on it, or what, but he actually has this little smirk that I just find incredibly badass.
-Honestly, for the most part, I think all of the other heads, except the BW one are pretty good. I'm glad they followed suit from the Batsignal sets and gave the standard head the painted mouth because it looks infinitely better than the earlier versions. I still would like to see HARDAC Batman and smiling/smirking Batman, but, at an MSRP of $50, it's not a bad offering, and, for $25? I would say it's damn good. Getting it for nothing, I would say I'm ecstatic.:lol

I still haven't dived into it, or, even opened it, yet, but all the accessories look fun as hell, and there's a lot of potential for fun poses that I look forward to trying out.

That's a great deal batfan08. Any chance you can pick up another expression pack for that price for me? I'll pay you plus the shipping. Please let me know. Thanks!

That is sensational, SFA!

Thanks Batfan! :D

How did you do that fantastic background? It is fantastic

I made it using foamboard and black/red card. It's quite easy really, just takes a lot of fiddly and time-consuming cutting out though.

It's actually the same diorama I've shown here previously, but all the parts are able to be separated so I can move them about if I wish. :)

IMG_3616.jpg

Yeah, that dio is fantastic. That's the sort of thing DCC should do for their displays at Toy Fair and SDCC. They never have enough to stuff to show at one time to warrant such a huge display. That's what toy companies would do in the 90s.

I really love how it pops, especially the red on black and yellow windows.

Are the two single Harley Quinn figures the same? What's different besides the extra head head sculpt?

Are the two single Harley Quinn figures the same? What's different besides the extra head head sculpt?

No, the single carded Harley's are different. The Harley that comes in the Girls Night Out pack is the TNBA Harley (the one that comes with an extra head in the single carded version). TNBA Harley is far superior to the original BTAS dud that came out last year

see, this might be a bigger problem as it's hard to match this color. ( I had to mix colors together)

ah so that's another cost that I would have to add :/

This is not looking good so far - sorry guys!

Niiiice! where about?

Castleford near Pontefract mate.

Hey guys, I've missed out on what's going on with this line but I was wondering are there any issues with the Batman Beyond 3 pack that I should look out for? Thanks!

No, the single carded Harley's are different. The Harley that comes in the Girls Night Out pack is the TNBA Harley (the one that comes with an extra head in the single carded version). TNBA Harley is far superior to the original BTAS dud that came out last year

IDK why but I prefer the first one release :D She's skinny as hell but I prefer the headsculpt (TNBA looks on some kind of drugs to me xDDD) and my God, the posability.. TNBA one's legs are ridicolous. BUT, about proportions TNBA one is WAY better :D As said before, these are all personal tastes, I understand why people prefer TNBA :)

About BB figures... does anyone have this figure? What scale was this? Because the headsculpts in here are awesome! That Bruce wayne head is a lot better than the expression pack one..
uhh.jpg

It's Total Heroes Series by Mattel and it's the same Scale as BTAS/TNBA DC Collectibles
Check Body Sculpt

P1020786a.jpg

It's Total Heroes Series by Mattel and it's the same Scale as BTAS/TNBA DC Collectibles
Check Body Sculpt

thanks! very interesting... that Terry head would suit awesome on the DCC BB figure, and the Bruce Wayne head would be a very great start for a custom Wayne head, way better than the expression pack one. I'm considering to get that :D

but I cannot tell if the head do fit on other bodie's. the Head of my TH Batman doesn't seem to be even removable.

Yeah, that dio is fantastic. That's the sort of thing DCC should do for their displays at Toy Fair and SDCC. They never have enough to stuff to show at one time to warrant such a huge display. That's what toy companies would do in the 90s.

I really love how it pops, especially the red on black and yellow windows.

Thanks for the compliments DiFabio!

I think the practicality of carting something like this around to toy fairs would be difficult, but it would certainly be something very different and eye catching compared with their usual standard displays. Relatively inexpensive to make too.

Back