DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Interesting things to point out, he say Joker expression pack will include other accesories! Also the Batman expression pack comes with that base too! Seems pretty solid, it's a good add imo. He also say Batgirl is one of the last figure to be a single release. (n°41) This mean the BTAS line is almost over. At least as single release stuff.

He also say Batgirl is one of the last figure to be a single release. (n°41) This mean the BTAS line is almost over. At least as single release stuff.

That's what I kind of thought. Not really happy about that either. It probably explains why we didn't see more previews of things to come at Toy Fair. What I mean is, if more figures are coming in multi packs, they might not have had all the figures from the multi packs done in prototype form. So maybe the didn't want to show 1 or 2 figures from a pack without having the rest of that pack ready to show in order to avoid any confusion. We'll see...

Also Jim specifically says the cardboard background will NOT be included with the Alfred set. Guess at $175 they couldn't afford to toss us a cheap cut out. Maybe for an extra $40?!?

Another DC interview said that the Batcave would come with some sort of backdrop.

Love the stand for the Batman expressions pack. Wish they would sell that separately.

So how are they going to give us the remaining BTAS figures if they have to do a multipack? Not sure how Two Face and Scarecrow would fit together.

Another DC interview said that the Batcave would come with some sort of backdrop.

Love the stand for the Batman expressions pack. Wish they would sell that separately.

So how are they going to give us the remaining BTAS figures if they have to do a multipack? Not sure how Two Face and Scarecrow would fit together.

I didn't see that one. In the one I watched Jim said "you'll have to make your own", which leads me to believe there won't be one at all.

Not sure, but I'm really not into this multipack only thing. As long as they don't try to screw us on the price, I'm good. But I can see those who cherry pick with this line dropping it completely due to that.

So even going into Superman TAS and more Batman Beyond, only boxsets and multi packs? No thanks, I'm out. Part of the reason being that single cards makes it a lot easier to pick and choose paint apps for certain figures. I also like getting multiples from time to time of certain characters. So I'm not going to be stuck with say multiple Lois Lane figures.

And how exactly do Freeze, Ivy, Bane and Croc fit together? They don't, but still they put them in a multipack.

Unless you take into account Batman & Robin, then the first three fit together. But I don't think anyone does, right? For Christ's sake.

They will put Two-Face, Scarecrow and some B-listers together regardless and that's it.

I'm very excited for this 5-pack! They all look awesome and if they change Ivy's hair I 100% in! Does anybody have some better photos of Ivy?

I'm very excited for this 5-pack! They all look awesome and if they change Ivy's hair I 100% in! Does anybody have some better photos of Ivy?

They'll change her hair, buddy! Jim confirmed it at NYTF yesterday. So excited!
And I'm positive about the colors, too.

The photos are only those ones available over on figures.com, sadly.

I'm calling it right now... At SDCC, they will most likely announce a follow up multi-pack: Arkham Asylum Box Set based on the "Trial" episode.... including BTAS Two-Face, Scarecrow, Judge Joker, and 2 other figures... (probably re-issues)...

Worst case scenarios in my opinion would be:

A: Large number of figures in one pack. 4+ is too many and too costly. Alienates those who are cherry pickers.
B: Multi packs with exact duplicates of older figures regardless of how many figures come in the pack.
C: Multi packs with 1 extremely popular character and the rest C & D listers.

Yeah guys I'd get prepared for a lot of Batman, Robin, Joker, and Harley variants. It's not that I'm against those types of figures but I prefer to be able to choose whether I want to buy them or not. Like I wanted Firefly but completely passed on Anti-Fire Suit Batman. I get a bad feeling that that is where they are headed. Packing characters like those 2 together.

I'm calling it right now... At SDCC, they will most likely announce a follow up multi-pack: Arkham Asylum Box Set based on the "Trial" episode.... including BTAS Two-Face, Scarecrow, Judge Joker, and 2 other figures... (probably re-issues)...

Thought about it, too.

Arkham Asylum 5-pack with Two-Face, Scarecrow, Hugo Strange, Thorne and either Batman in straightjacket or Janet Van Dorn.
DCC would throw Thorne in simply to have more figures, because he would never go to Arkham. And depending on the adaptation/incarnation of Hugo, he wouldn't either.

Anyway....
Scarecrow with sickle!!

Scarecrow.jpg

giphy.gif

Taking into account Kevin's excited reply to my e-mail suggesting the sickle for Scarecrow, that's a given:
"Love your idea of the sickle!! I'll pass the info over to Jim Fletcher, our creative director, and see if it sparks some thinking!"

Anyone has the next mini poster scan ? with the batwing and the beyond pack I suppose ?
I made that one

Worst case scenarios in my opinion would be:

B: Multi packs with exact duplicates of older figures regardless of how many figures come in the pack.

Yeah guys I'd get prepared for a lot of Batman, Robin, Joker, and Harley variants.

Yea, screw that. Hopefully they don't do any more dupes or any variants that aren't in expressions packs. I'm not interested in having any more multiples of the same figure.

I hope if they get around to a harley pack it's a civilian version with a few masked and unmasked heads. I need an unmasked Harley blowing a bubble head!

har.jpg

Thought about it, too.

Arkham Asylum 5-pack with Two-Face, Scarecrow, Hugo Strange, Thorne and either Batman in straightjacket or Janet Van Dorn.
DCC would throw Thorne in simply to have more figures, because he would never go to Arkham. And depending on the adaptation/incarnation of Hugo, he wouldn't either.

Anyway....
Scarecrow with sickle!!

View attachment 325460

giphy.gif

Taking into account Kevin's excited reply to my e-mail suggesting the sickle for Scarecrow, that's a given:
"Love your idea of the sickle!! I'll pass the info over to Jim Fletcher, our creative director, and see if it sparks some thinking!"

Oh, wow, you actually suggested the sickle to Kevin? That's awesome!! I thought of the Batman in a straightjacket, too... would definitely be interesting...

Another figure I thought would be an easy hook for them to include in a pack is Dr. Harleen Quinzel.... I thought she might be the main draw of an Arkham Pack along with Two-Face and Scarecrow... but then I realized that Harley only appeared as Quinzel in the New Adventures "Mad Love" episode... so she wouldn't fit with the other BTAS figures...

Am I correct? Or did she actually appear in BTAS?

Ivy look so much better now! I just hope she has the articulation in her boots!

Yea, screw that. Hopefully they don't do any more dupes or any variants that aren't in expressions packs. I'm not interested in having any more multiples of the same figure.

I hope if they get around to a harley pack it's a civilian version with a few masked and unmasked heads. I need an unmasked Harley blowing a bubble head!

View attachment 325462

You pervert! I know you want that Harley because of the twisted mini shirt and mini shorts.

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

Ivy look so much better now! I just hope she has the articulation in her boots!

Indeed. Just need to have the bang and pants color fixed.
Also the chin a bit.

Dying to see the fixed version at SDCC. July can't come soon enough.

Oh, wow, you actually suggested the sickle to Kevin? That's awesome!! I thought of the Batman in a straightjacket, too... would definitely be interesting...

Another figure I thought would be an easy hook for them to include in a pack is Dr. Harleen Quinzel.... I thought she might be the main draw of an Arkham Pack along with Two-Face and Scarecrow... but then I realized that Harley only appeared as Quinzel in the New Adventures "Mad Love" episode... so she wouldn't fit with the other BTAS figures...

Am I correct? Or did she actually appear in BTAS?

I did. I suggested several things that eventually became a reality: Bullock's pistol, Talia's dark-purple jumpsuit, Batmobile's better finish, Batgirl's small neck/better proportions. And now Ivy will also be fixed.

Yeah, you're correct. Only in TNBA, which is really sad. I've always wanted a correct BTAS adaptation of Mad Love, as that's the style the story was drawn in.

Back