DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Wow this is amazing! I'm so glad we are getting all of those characters but what is wrong with Ivy! :( She looks completely wrong. Let's start by saying that she looks too young and small and the hair sculpt is soooo off! Another thing are the colors this is not cartoon accurate but comic accurate :( As a huge Ivy fan this is very disappointing for me... the rest look amazing though!

Very disappointing. Montoya seems to have turned out well though. And I'd have liked Bane to have a little more bulk, and interchangeable heads (pissed, Venom OD). Interesting that all this is coming in a boxset though. I wonder all or some will get single card releases.

Yes! I really , really want Scarecrow with 2 different heads!

That's impossible, as the body shape and cloth changed with the head:

dcdbtas5crw2.png

They would have to make 2 BTAS Scarecrows, if they are to release the first one.

Wow this is amazing! I'm so glad we are getting all of those characters but what is wrong with Ivy! :( She looks completely wrong. Let's start by saying that she looks too young and small and the hair sculpt is soooo off! Another thing are the colors this is not cartoon accurate but comic accurate :( As a huge Ivy fan this is very disappointing for me... the rest look amazing though!

I wouldn't bother with the colors just now. We all know how bad-collored their protos are. I would wait for ToyFair and the final product to judge the colors.
The hair looks OK to me. The bang looks a bit bigger, but I don't think that kills the figure, at least not to me.
Her face is perfect, though.

I wouldn't bother with the colors just now. We all know how bad-collored their protos are. I would wait for ToyFair and the final product to judge the colors.
The hair looks OK to me. The bang looks a bit bigger, but I don't think that kills the figure, at least not to me.
Her face is perfect, though.

are you kidding me here? This is the worst Ivy's hair sculpt on any of the merch she ever had! Even old Kenner had better sculpt than this, where did they get this reference from?

One of my concerns is how Freeze's costume design will interfere with that arm articulation. Those shoulders and elbows are going to be limiting unless they use thin rubber sleeves over the joints.

I'm also now hoping that TNBA apology figure comes in a deluxe set with Nora in her cryotube since TAS Freeze is clearly no longer an option.

Very disappointing. Montoya seems to have turned out well though. And I'd have liked Bane to have a little more bulk, and interchangeable heads (pissed, Venom OD). Interesting that all this is coming in a boxset though. I wonder all or some will get single card releases.

Yes, that's what I'm wondering too. There's a possibility that this could be a multipack like the Girls Night Out set, and we'll see the figures sold separately too. Maybe even Montoya is the exclusive to this set and only available here. That's another possibility. Guess we'll find out at Toy Fair :)

Your custom Ivy is pretty much perfect Zelu! The colours and hair are perfect and how the DCC figure should look.

are you kidding me here? This is the worst Ivy's hair sculpt on any of the merch she ever had! Even old Kenner had better sculpt than this, where did they get this reference from?

I just found the press release and:

"artwork is not final"

So I think there's still hope.

And my biggest concern: this is a 5-pack, and the box has lights and all. $175
https://kotaku.com/dc-collectibles-latest-puts-gotham-city-pds-plight-in-p-1791158928

Yes, that's what I'm wondering too. There's a possibility that this could be a multipack like the Girls Night Out set, and we'll see the figures sold separately too. Maybe even Montoya is the exclusive to this set and only available here. That's another possibility. Guess we'll find out at Toy Fair :)

I'm starting to wonder how this line has been doing, sales wise. With GNO, I want to say except for Supergirl and Livewire (both Superman characters), the Batladies either already had single card releases, or in Harelys case we knew one was scheduled.

These though are some heavy hitters to see their release first in a boxset. Hm.

Exactly!

I'm not saying my custom Ivy one is perfect but...

It is to me, dude! Batgirl, Ivy....your customs are what I expect the official figures to look like. WTF is so hard about a big toy company and professional studio to get right with such simplistic designs? Diamond doesnt seem to have a problem. Their busts and statues have been way better.

"artwork is not final"

https://kotaku.com/dc-collectibles-latest-puts-gotham-city-pds-plight-in-p-1791158928

I really hope so! Ivy is the one I was the most looking forward too and Imo she is the worst looking "prototype" female figure so far! :( She looks tiny as well so let's hope this is not the case...

"artwork is not final"

Its a disclaimer so people like you wont worry and bother them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but hasnt every figure pretty much gone to production without change to the prototype? Aside from something like paint on the riddler collar.

Correct Animal Mother.

Artwork not final is a reference to the box not the figures. They screwed up Ivy and badly. Damn it DCC!

After their poor Batgirl, what is with getting the women right this year??

One of my concerns is how Freeze's costume design will interfere with that arm articulation. Those shoulders and elbows are going to be limiting unless they use thin rubber sleeves over the joints.

I'm also now hoping that TNBA apology figure comes in a deluxe set with Nora in her cryotube since TAS Freeze is clearly no longer an option.

Freeze's articulation was my biggest concern and I'm so relieved they nailed every aspect of him. I believe he'll be the most perfect release so far. Period.
I was talking to someone here, pages back, about how they would handle his armor aesthetic, as far as articulation goes.
And we guessed it right.

I drew arrows to show you where the POAs are:

FreezeDCC.jpg

Its a disclaimer so people like you wont worry and bother them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but hasnt every figure pretty much gone to production without change to the prototype? Aside from something like paint on the riddler collar.

Oh, but I do bother them. And a lot. I've e-mailed them since wave 2. And I even use fake e-mails so they don't think is the same person. :lol

I bothered them about First BTAS Batman's headsculpt, the Batmobile's terrible paint apps/finish, Talia's colors, Bullock's pistol and Batgirl's hair.

And the results:
They gave us the second (and better) Batman headsculpt with the MOTP set;
They improved Batmobile's paint apps in the Deluxe release;
They darkened Talia's colors. And a lot;
They gave Bullock his pistol (the prototype doesn't have);

Now waiting for Batgirl's final product.

Son, we just have to unit. Let's bash Ivy (in a polite way).

BBTS just posted the five pack for preorder ($139.99).

Still pretty pricey at $28 per figure, but way better than paying full price.

They made some pretty quick changes to Batgirl. Not that we've seen a production sample yet but it's not like our concerns are being utterly ignored.

Back