DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Ahhh there we go. We've come to understand one another haha. Yes the extra hands are just hands, not whole gloves haha. I didn't remember that the proto had full glove extras lolol
Yea that's what I was saying, you can still swap hands haha :p

Also on a side note, the pegs on all the new hands are super long. Especially Bullocks, so be careful when plugging them in!

HAHAHA!! That early dialogue was serious funny! :lol
Like, "what are they saying?" :lol

Thank God, man!! :yess::clap
I mean, it woudn't bother me if I ended up not being able to swap hands again, as I'll only use one pair anyway. :huh
But since I'll still be able to, then that's aaaawesome!!

Oh, I'll keep an eye on those pegs! Thanks! :hi5:

:duff

New wave looks fantastic.....they seem to be getting better and better. Ventriloquist looks as creepy as hell and Bullock could be my new favorite from the line, beating Gordon.

Long may this line live....

No one got TNBA Joker yet? Mine should be here today (along with Ventriloquist).
can't wait! Perfect birthday gift from myself to myself :D

Too tired and lazy to take any decent pics tonight, but here are some crap pics of the updated shelves :family

btas ngg.jpg

tnba bb.jpg

HAHAHA!! That early dialogue was serious funny! :lol
Like, "what are they saying?" :lol

Thank God, man!! :yess::clap
I mean, it woudn't bother me if I ended up not being able to swap hands again, as I'll only use one pair anyway. :huh
But since I'll still be able to, then that's aaaawesome!!

Oh, I'll keep an eye on those pegs! Thanks! :hi5:

:duff

Classic back and forth haha.

Niice man. Take some process pics when you do it so I can maybe attempt to copy you haha

@phantasm - very nice pics and collection. Great set up, but where is your bat signal and batmobile? Those are must haves! Unless you just didn't post pics of it, then you are excused lol

@phantasm - very nice pics and collection. Great set up, but where is your bat signal and batmobile? Those are must haves! Unless you just didn't post pics of it, then you are excused lol

Thanks man! Haha my Batmobile is on it's own shelf, one down. The signal I don't have yet! Waiting to buy it loose, I don't want the duplicate figs that come with it haha. So I'm half excused ;) lol

Awesome display, Phantasm! Those backdrops are gorgeous.

Part of my setup xD pretty happy for it, just need a Bullock for the signal and I'm ok :D

View attachment 306229

The new wave looks awesome in my opinion, my figures had no paint issues that I could find. This wave got me all nostalgic :D
View attachment 306287View attachment 306289View attachment 306291

Awesome pics guys! You've all got some amazing set-ups!!! The new figures look great, and this wave looks like it's one of the strongest so far. Can't wait to get them!

Blebble: Your poses are so good! Your shelf looks stunning.

Vasq: That last shot with Batman and the femmes is just perfect!

Phantasm: You shelves are looking really packed now! That BTAS shelf looks so good!

The more figures that are added, the better our shelves look IMO. Bring on more, more, more! :D

The new wave looks awesome in my opinion, my figures had no paint issues that I could find. This wave got me all nostalgic :D
View attachment 306284View attachment 306285View attachment 306286View attachment 306287View attachment 306288View attachment 306289View attachment 306291

Bullock looks very good! and since he's a pretty static charachter the lack of articulations is really not a problem for me, but Talia... she seems to not have the ankle rocker.. DAMN. -.- this DCC policy to remove functional articulations really bother me... plus she have the arms really too much long in my opinion.. eeh she's ugly :(
but these are just my consideration, congratulation for your display! looks awesome man :D

Thanks man :D I must change something, Batsy it's just in the "hero/static" pose, and he is a good posable figure xD lol, I get angry because recent waves have figures with less articulation and then I don't even use the one I should and can! lol forgive my english hope get sense ahaha

They all look like great quality! I guess I was wrong to worry about any of the colors too, they seem to be perfect. Talia's purple actually goes to black in shadow so I don't think I'll need to repaint her. I love how TNBA Joker pops with his bright green and purple. Believe it or not, he's been on of my most anticipated figures in the line and I'm really glad to see just how well he turned out! Check out cejaman on youtube for a really nice look at him (and Bullock).

No one got TNBA Joker yet? Mine should be here today (along with Ventriloquist).
can't wait! Perfect birthday gift from myself to myself :D

I did, he looks awesome I was actually surprised how much I liked him since I'm not as big a fan of his design. The Hyenas are great too!IMG_0264.jpg

Too tired and lazy to take any decent pics tonight, but here are some crap pics of the updated shelves :family

Classic back and forth haha.

Niice man. Take some process pics when you do it so I can maybe attempt to copy you haha

Nice setup, buddy! Love Catwoman and Lingerie Harley's poses in particular.
This is a nice overview of the entire collection. It's really really huge already!

I'll do that! Tons of pics of the process. :lol
Wanna help everyone to get Talia to 100% perfection. I'd say she's at 90%.

Would I sound crazy if I said TNBA Joker's headsculpt would make a perfect BTAS Joker headsculpt?

A full repaint and a cut to the forelock and it's done.

It is chubbier and got more cheeks than the actual BTAS sculpt.

I'm getting this Joker because I want the hyenas, but won't need the figure at all. I'll defenitely have that head customized.

Would like to hear from Zelu. What do you think?

Zelu's here :)

I'm not a big fan of this Joker design either but I'm sure it can be "fixed"

Edit: I just had a second look at the above photo of TNBA Joker and yes you are right, a bit of work and he could be a proper BTAS Joker that we all know and love so much ;)

the best Joker look in my opinin is the one we saw in the JLU serie..
1d2Puk9l.jpg
I love the original TAS one for his charisma and funny faces but this one is more creepy in my opinion :D dark lipstic, red eyes and overall colors are the best for me :D would be cool to see a custom or, why not, a real figure of him one day ^^

As regards looks I am more a fan of the BTAS version. Just seems more classic somehow.......Unfortunately the Joker has been one of the weaker figures for me. He Came early in the line and as sometimes happens he isn't as polished as some of the newer releases. He IS the Joker however and surely we can expect a newer 'deluxe' BTAS or TNBA version at some point. (Hat/trench coat version come immediately to mind).

He deserves to be as standout as his character on the show.

Awesome display, Phantasm! Those backdrops are gorgeous.

Thanks a lot man!

Awesome pics guys! You've all got some amazing set-ups!!! The new figures look great, and this wave looks like it's one of the strongest so far. Can't wait to get them!

Vasq: That last shot with Batman and the femmes is just perfect!

Phantasm: You shelves are looking really packed now! That BTAS shelf looks so good!

The more figures that are added, the better our shelves look IMO. Bring on more, more, more! :D

Thanks man! Yea, they're really filling up now! I didn't expect TNBA to fill up quite so much! Hopefully I'll be able to neatly fit what's the left of those characters! If not I'll have to use another top shelf of a bookcase and make them a 3 stair like my BTAS one lol

I did, he looks awesome I was actually surprised how much I liked him since I'm not as big a fan of his design. The Hyenas are great too!View attachment 306364

Nice pic! I'm really digging this Joker fig too for some reason. Just wish he looked a bit more angry for when Batman calls him puddin' lolol.
Awesome idea giving the babies Crocs turkey!

Nice setup, buddy! Love Catwoman and Lingerie Harley's poses in particular.
This is a nice overview of the entire collection. It's really really huge already!

I'll do that! Tons of pics of the process. :lol
Wanna help everyone to get Talia to 100% perfection. I'd say she's at 90%.

Thanks man! Same! I always seem to have trouble posing the ladies. I tend to go for the same "one leg in front of the other sexy walk" type thing everytime haha.

Yesss, that will be mad helpful for me. When I get my dupe Ivy from the Girls Night Out pack I'll do my first ever mod by shortening her legs, then move on to talia's arms :)

Also, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Remember to wear your flak jackets if you're gonna be front lining on black friday lol

Back