DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Here in NY, Midtown Comics has a lot of Gordon/Zatanna and Ra's figures but only like 5 Etrigan/Klarion sets

Here in NY, Midtown Comics has a lot of Gordon/Zatanna and Ra's figures but only like 5 Etrigan/Klarion sets

Same. All of my local shops always get less of the multi/deluxe packs in general, no matter what line

Two-Face should be arriving today! :rock hoping his paint is okay!

Sorry for being controversial here, but about the capes and the price increases: these are luxury items guys. We don't need action figures to survive (I mean, we do, but... you know what I mean.) The price increase, if it were to happen, might limit some to purchase. I don't really see it as a big crime if DC is trying to make more money out of a successful line, while we're still getting quality figs in return. Lived through the JLU Mattel fiasco, I can tell you: this line is a breeze. Gorgeous sculpts, added value, mistakes the company is willing to correct, and attention to detail and fan requests. We can demand more, but we ain't really valuing what we got. Just my two cents.

Sorry for being controversial here, but about the capes and the price increases: these are luxury items guys. We don't need action figures to survive (I mean, we do, but... you know what I mean.) The price increase, if it were to happen, might limit some to purchase. I don't really see it as a big crime if DC is trying to make more money out of a successful line, while we're still getting quality figs in return. Lived through the JLU Mattel fiasco, I can tell you: this line is a breeze. Gorgeous sculpts, added value, mistakes the company is willing to correct, and attention to detail and fan requests. We can demand more, but we ain't really valuing what we got. Just my two cents.

Hear Hear!!

Couldn't agree more. DC Collectables don't owe us anything. This is a fantastic line.

Lol I'm on the total opposite side of that fence I guess. As much as I enjoy this line, I don't see it as DCC doing me some sort of favor by producing it. The only reason this line exists is because it sells, not to appease the fans. And while I appreciate it existing, as well as DCC's attentiveness to suggestions and replacing figs, I don't appreciate a lot of their business tactics. Still love this line anyways though

Lol I'm on the total opposite side of that fence I guess. As much as I enjoy this line, I don't see it as DCC doing me some sort of favor by producing it. The only reason this line exists is because it sells, not to appease the fans. And while I appreciate it existing, as well as DCC's attentiveness to suggestions and replacing figs, I don't appreciate a lot of their business tactics. Still love this line anyways though

I think we're on the same side of the fence. I mean, any company who took on the concept in this fashion was going to get my business; I really wanted the product. However, the added value they offer is far more accommodating than what ToyGuru and Mattel offered Justice League collectors. In less than a year we're nearing 40 New characters, few repaints and deluxe vehicles and accessories. JL and JLU took 9 years to give us nearly 300. At this rate, DCC will take less than three to give us many more with the Superman Animated Series and Justice League Animated lines.

True that. I love the character selection with this line most. And I am glad that DCC is doing it. I hope we do end up getting that many dcau characters eventually. Would be cool to fill up a huge wall with that many characters

I think we're on the same side of the fence. I mean, any company who took on the concept in this fashion was going to get my business; I really wanted the product. However, the added value they offer is far more accommodating than what ToyGuru and Mattel offered Justice League collectors. In less than a year we're nearing 40 New characters, few repaints and deluxe vehicles and accessories. JL and JLU took 9 years to give us nearly 300. At this rate, DCC will take less than three to give us many more with the Superman Animated Series and Justice League Animated lines.

Um...
Right now, we're at about 30 figures and the line is almost 2 years old at this point. Unless you mean, "in less than a year from now" we''ll be nearing 40 characters...

Either way, I'm not sure I'm quite following the math.

I loves me some JLU :)
This line is a so much better though. But it should be for $20-$30 per standard figure.

I finally got around to opening up my TNBA Bane and immediately decided to pencil in his crooked teeth. It's not much, but it's a nice little extra touch.

466da063d77799d6f190bfdeb9eb7799.jpg

Edit: Man that upload really compresses it down. How about this?

2a0a181b504683bf42dfaa2b4c404448.jpg

Just got back from picking up my Etrigan pack. Pretty awesome set. On a more interesting note the owner at my shop showed me a little sheet of figures DCC was offering for reorder. All of wave 1 and some random one's from waves 2 and 3. Mr Freeze and Two Face were both on there, and all the figures were marked at the new srp of $28, so I'm assuming they'll be done with the new plastic. Not sure if that means no more pegholes or not, but I hope so. I'm just stoked to finally know I'll be getting Freeze in store after all

Um...
Right now, we're at about 30 figures and the line is almost 2 years old at this point. Unless you mean, "in less than a year from now" we''ll be nearing 40 characters...

Either way, I'm not sure I'm quite following the math.

I loves me some JLU :)
This line is a so much better though. But it should be for $20-$30 per standard figure.

You're right, Whakojacko. I was trying to make up for the reveals vs. the delays, but we are nearing 2 years... still a better batting record than Mattel's first waves (being accurate about it.) ;)

Lol I have to wonder what we would be paying today in 2016 for JLU figures if it had continued. (In store) Probably $14 for singles and $24 for 3-packs. (In store) Maybe $48 for a 6-pack. (Via Mattycollector) 4-packs would maybe run $40.

image.jpg
Hey everybody, it's been quite a bit since I posted anything but I've been following this thread for a while and loving all the BTAS displays. I finally got my shelf and posters put up in my office so I thought I'd jump in and share.

Stellar display Philbo! Where did you get those posters? What stands are you using for your figures?

Sent from the Bat Cave

Sweet, seconded on the stands. Also, could you post a close-up of those Mondo mugshots?

The stands are standard DC figure stands I got off of Amazon. It was a 20 pack for like $11. On some of the heavier figures or smaller footed figures I drilled out the peg hole on the stand and used the clear rod that came with the figure as a back support with some sticky putty.

Thanks! Here are some closer pics and a shot of the Mondo mugshots that came with the vinyl box set. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Stellar display Philbo! Where did you get those posters? What stands are you using for your figures?

Sent from the Bat Cave
The posters were part of the Mondo series that was released last year. I also have Vendetta and the standard Gray Ghost but don't have frames yet.

Back