DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I like the Batmobile I already have better... Cloth capes... eh.. I can live with them being a pain to sit in the car with rubber capes. But the bat-signal I do like... So hopefully they'll release it with Gordon or someone else..

That sucks about the Batmobile already getting a re-release. I have the first one and can't justify buying a second one. I'd like the Batsignal so hopefully they make that available in some other way. Don't care about the Batman and Robin with cloth capes very much but the deal for the whole set is a good value.

I agree with Sallah, that's a real **** move to do this. I shouldn't have to go through the trouble of trying to sell my Batmobile in order to justify getting this set. I much prefer the one already released, but would love the cloth capes and signal. After sticking with the line despite all the issues with the first wave, not to mention other QC issues that still exist, purchasing everything immediately following release, this sucks. As someone who was planning to collect the entire line, knowing I won't be purchasing this just opens the door for passing on other things, since I know I won't have the entire line regardless. Hopefully there's an announcement for the bat signal in another pack, as well as the cloth capes. Maybe the capes and helmets with Batcycles? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but am quite disappointed

So I guess the best bet with this line would be to wait about 2 years before buying anything with all these riDICKulous re-releases...

I STILL haven't bought anything yet because of this. Just gonna wait it out.

I'm glad the suppliers are a little late with their stock over here, I can wait this one out now and grab the new set and see what other v2.0's are announced.

So I guess the best bet with this line would be to wait about 2 years before buying anything with all these riDICKulous re-releases...

I STILL haven't bought anything yet because of this. Just gonna wait it out.

Very smart. I'm kicking myself for not doing the same

As long as DCC release the bat signal with another pack, I would be ok. I like the 1st batmobile well enough. I just want the bat signal.

I'm glad the suppliers are a little late with their stock over here, I can wait this one out now and grab the new set and see what other v2.0's are announced.

I'm so glad I procrastinated in getting the original. I'm definitely picking this one up. Real surprised they even got the bat signal in this as well.

Last edited:

Man this sucks. Glad I decided to quit this line. Going to bring back the last line, because I still have them in packaging. Going to live on my own now, so don't have that much money to spend. I want to continue with the Bombshells line anyways. This is what I was afraid about. If i'm collecting a line, I want to have everything.

As long as DCC release the bat signal with another pack, I would be ok. I like the 1st batmobile well enough. I just want the bat signal.

Same here. The only thing I want from it is the Batsignal.

I prefer the matt paint on the original Batmobile, and I prefer the vinyl capes over these cloth ones. So given the choice, I'd still choose the original Batmobile and figures over this set.

:lol:lol:lol

Everyone is so angry over this? Ever collect any 6" ever? They are filled with repaints and reissues that are better than the original :lol

:lol:lol:lol

Everyone is so angry over this? Ever collect any 6" ever? They are filled with repaints and reissues that are better than the original :lol

It's a dickmove because it JUST came out though...
Give it a year or two before you release something like that, or at least plan that in advance and make it available same time for those who would want the poseable capes to come with their Batmobile/figures

I don't consider this better than the original,like others I wouldn't mind having the Batsignal but no biggie if I don't have it.

Same here. The only thing I want from it is the Batsignal.

I prefer the matt paint on the original Batmobile, and I prefer the vinyl capes over these cloth ones. So given the choice, I'd still choose the original Batmobile and figures over this set.

Speaking of which, as much as the matt paint is a fine touch and looks beautiful, I personally find it to be TOO delicate/fragil.
I'm seriously afraid of sliding the cockpit "door", as is can easily scratch the paint.
Not to mention the fingerprints marks that appear easily when handling/posing the car.

As for the new car, it looks like this new Batmobile does have the same matt paint. The only difference is the "shiny mettalic" details on wheels etc.

unfortunally I ordered Batman and Phantasm just seconds before seeing this batmobile pack.
I'll keep them inbox and wait till the batmobile pack is out. either I will sell B+P right then or I wait some years till it's hard to find them >=P

And WHAT about the Jumbos of the classics??? I want to know when they come out. Want my XXL Combat-Belt Batzy

Back