DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I thought there was going to be a re-issue of Man-Bat in November? Was it cancelled?

I thought there was going to be a re-issue of Man-Bat in November? Was it cancelled?

Well like I said a couple pages back I did order and receive ManBat through my LCS and received it couple weeks ago with my Roxy.So I'm guessing it was the re issue I received.

I see. I was waiting for online shops to have their stock. BBTS has Man-Bat still sold out.

That is soooooooooo sick!!!!!!!!! Please make me one! :panic:

I'd love some detail on how you did everything.

Thanks!! :D It was really simple and easy actually, you just need lots of card! I just cut out the buildings in black card, then glued them onto the red card. The steps were made with strong shipping type cardboard, then covered in the same black card. The Batcave section was pretty much the same except I painted the cracks on in black.

If the July Clayface wave hasn't been delayed, we should be seeing the reveal on Monday. I can't wait! [emoji28]

Also, I love seeing your display evolve, sfa! You have such natural additions with each new wave. Bravo, sir!!!

Thank you!! :)

hmmm I'm sure I read an official answer from DCC saying they wouldn't be revealing anymore Animated figures until Toyfair in February.... I'd love to be wrong though and see them this month! But I'm keeping my expectations very low just incase they meant what they said.

Incredible display sfa.

Do you mind saying how you made the background? Is the cityscape decals online?

Also, what stands are you using for these?

Check out my answer above :) The stands are Protech vintage stands (for old Star Wars figures)

SFA,

I love the pose for Mad Hatter!
It's the same he's striking on his model sheet/turn around.

I also love the pose for Harley.

Congrats on the new figures and on the terrific backgrounds!

Thanks! Yeah I was aiming for the model sheet look for Hatter since I wasn't keen on using the axe he came with. He's such a great figure, I love him!

Thanks for the link Mr.Tanker! :D

I wonder if there is any pics I can find of the final product of what Batman looks like in the Phantasm two pack :pray:

Finally opened Man Bat and Roxy and added them to the shelf.
Need to find a Bane and buy Scarecrow.
then the Phantasm 2pk and Killer Croc
Going to have to rearrange my shelf soon to a BTAS shelf and a TNBA shelf.

So I was trying NOT to buy these. I already collect all the batman and rogues in dcuc and arkham collections. I thought adding these too would just be too much. Well I walked into a lcs and saw the animated batmobile on display. I nearly fainted. haha. I tanked right away and went home and ordered all the available animated series figures. Got the next wave on preorder aswell. These are just as awesome as any other version. I thought the lesser detail would throw them out of the race but the nastalgia factor on these is through the roof. Awesome show and just as awesome figures. BRING ON MORE!!!!!!

Finally opened Man Bat and Roxy and added them to the shelf.
Need to find a Bane and buy Scarecrow.
then the Phantasm 2pk and Killer Croc
Going to have to rearrange my shelf soon to a BTAS shelf and a TNBA shelf.
Looking awesome Battoys! You really will need a new shelf soon. Do you not have the Batmobile?

So I was trying NOT to buy these. I already collect all the batman and rogues in dcuc and arkham collections. I thought adding these too would just be too much. Well I walked into a lcs and saw the animated batmobile on display. I nearly fainted. haha. I tanked right away and went home and ordered all the available animated series figures. Got the next wave on preorder aswell. These are just as awesome as any other version. I thought the lesser detail would throw them out of the race but the nastalgia factor on these is through the roof. Awesome show and just as awesome figures. BRING ON MORE!!!!!!
Yep - really awesome figures. And personally another part of the appeal of them, aside from being based on an amazing show and having a high nostalgia factor and just generally being a grail line, is that it's nice to have classic and simplistic looks of these characters. Everything is so over-designed nowadays, and these animated figures just nail the characters simply and effectively, and really pop on the shelf too compared to their counterparts in other lines.

Last edited:

^ Awesome! Looks like you've got a shelf unit very similar to the one I have (I think we might have discussed that a good while back?). Certainly looks like it's the same dimensions.

If DCC do decide to make more vehicles for this line (beyond the Batcycle which I'm confident they're going to make and hopefully we'll see at ToyFair), I'd seriously struggle to find the space put them. Not that it would stop me buying them :lol

I just scored an animated batmobile from Barnes and Noble for $65.99. Had a 25% off coupon and my 10% membership card.

I just scored an animated batmobile from Barnes and Noble for $65.99. Had a 25% off coupon and my 10% membership card.

I got it for 80 shipped while I stayed home and sat in my underwear.

So this is my new Bats display inspired by SFA's work :) I will re do it again once I get the proper shelves but this will do for now :D

It looks awesome Zelu! :D and all the figures look so good together like that!

UK collectors
BTAS Batmobile should be available in all good and some bad comic and specialty toy shops from tomorrow.

So DCC revealed official solicits for July today (as someone here mentioned earlier that they would), but no new figures were revealed on there. Perhaps they are waiting until ToyFair as they said they would to reveal the new Animated Series figures.

Display slightly updated! Both Nightwing and Mad Hatter are amazing and I love Nightwing's articulation - well done DCC on these guys!

Display slightly updated! Both Nightwing and Mad Hatter are amazing and I love Nightwing's articulation - well done DCC on these guys!

Amazing display, Zelu! I love how your custom figs flow seamlessly into the collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back